IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

They actually look genuinely happy and super cute together.

It makes me sick (as someone who is forever alone like Jana and because of their beliefs)

On 9/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

image.png.b6d2f9c4a8187969b6e4841bb8feed9c.png

The Lily-and-Ellie fan blog shared a cute pic. They really do look like a good couple.

She’s touching his boob!!

On 10/1/2018 at 12:23 PM, finnlassie said:

Oh my fucking God looking closer at those two pics I just realised my crush is a JD look-a-like.

Well... as long as they're not total doppelgängers. My crush has a tattoo and is a motorcycle freak! Please JD, don't get a tattoo and a billion motorcycles! ?️

I at least want him to get a temporary tattoo to freak out his parents. He could even get the classic “Mom” one and tell Mechelle he did it for her because he loves her so much, and she’s sacrificed so much.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial opinion: "dad bod" is just the heterosexual version of "bear."

(My SO is the perfect example. Definitely strong, can pick me up easily, but also drinks beer and eats pizza. Perfect snuggling shape)

16 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Controversial opinion: "dad bod" is just the heterosexual version of "bear."

I don't think that's even controversial, it's a fact!

I was going to write something about a week being way too short to practically decide you want to get married, but realised I actually have personal experience of how fast things can happen.

Mr Way and I met while backpacking. Coming from different sides of the world we obviously had never seen eachother before and knew nothing about eachother’s families or beliefs. Our travel plans had us in the same location for under 20 hours. We met. Liked what we saw. Travel plans changed. Only a few days after that first meeting Mr Way skipped a flight he had booked (and now he might never get to go to Cambodia) and no more then two weeks after that I rebooked my flight to Australia to stay with him in South East Asia.

We’ve been together ever since. We married after six years together, but we are both hethens so had no problem at all with premarital fronthugs. 

My grandparents were engaged two weeks after their first date. (It was a blind date too, so they didn't even know each other before they started dating.) They're coming up on 60 years of marriage.

In general, though, I wouldn't recommend moving that fast!

10 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

"proper daddy snack" ??? I love this. I like the dad look too. 

I feel like there's something comforting about the way they look. Reliable. Protective. Caring. And confidence in their skills.

My friend who's 7 years my junior taught me the daddy snack term... and I couldn't agree more with it. :roll::pb_biggrin:

Curly girl moment, but I want to know what she puts in her hair. It's so pretty.

I don't think this explains anything in this case, but with pranksters (as I think JD has shown himself to be) one must never overlook the possibility of a gotcha joke related to how things are phrased.  

Example:  My parents got married one year + 363 days after they met.  IE they met on Sept 5 and married Sept 3rd two years later.  I can't tell you how many times they ran the "we got married two days before we met!" line, just to watch people's confused faces as they tried to figure it out...

I just had a set of friends get married. Timeline-Dated for 6 weeks before beginning pre-marriage class and after 3 months of that class, they were engaged. Got engaged in June and married this September. It happens for some people quick. Some people just need 10 years and a beer to decide if they are making the right decision. 

I support all timelines on relationships. I have talked with my friends about my own relationship guidelines and they think I'm nuts. I want to date, not live together and have the same intention of marriage from the beginning.  If you are both on the same page, I feel like relationships can go incredibly quick because you have the same life goals. 

Family lore has my father loving my mother since second grade, when he played Ebenezer Scrooge and she played the Ghost of Christmas Past in a school play. They had to hide their dating throughout high school, since her uncles (who thought they had a say in the matter) did not approve of her dating anyone. Married two years after high school ended, married 62 years before her death. So it goes the long way, too... 

Interestingly enough, he never dated anyone but her, but she had several male admirers...

My parents met on a blind date in September, got engaged at Christmas, married the following March. They were married 35 years when my dad died. 

Hubs and I met in September, moved in together in November and married the following October...in 27 days we'll celebrate 20 years legal. 

We got married 4.5 months after we met. 43 years this month. Whatever works for you (general) is fine.

I was impressed that Abbie is a nurse for geriatric patients. Having experience with my ill, elderly mother-in-law for the past several months, I can firmly attest that Abbie must be an angel on earth.  That is not an easy job, and if she does it, and says that she enjoys it, than may Rufus bless her for all her days. I cannot imagine doing that---ever.

Father-in-law proposed to mother-in-law a week after meeting. She laughed in his face and said "No way. Ask me again in six month's time"... So he did and the rest is history....

..(history being, they had Mr Toro, who is a very short man. I am a very tall lady who happens to find short men uncontrollably attractive. For those worrying about their un-average (or perhaps over-average) sons/brothers etc.-please don't! They might be the perfect cup of tea for someone out there!!)

P.S. JD and Abbie seem a really good match and that makes me happy in ways I can't even fathom! Why do I care...?!?!

19 minutes ago, ElToro said:

JD and Abbie seem a really good match and that makes me happy in ways I can't even fathom! Why do I care...?!?!

I think it is because so many fundie couples seem so robotic together and there is so much talk about how their parents and the lord led them to each other. It all seems so forced. But JD and Abbie seem so natural together and so happy. It's hard not to be happy for someone who just seems so radiantly happy.

Also, unlike some other couples, so far, they don't seem smug about their godly love and courtship. I guess we will see when they are featured more on Counting On. But JD never seemed smug to me so hopefully he doesn't start now.

Even if they are still fundie as I am pretty sure they are at this point, the fact, that both of them have been out in the world working and being exposed to other people, can't be a bad thing.

36 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I was impressed that Abbie is a nurse for geriatric patients. Having experience with my ill, elderly mother-in-law for the past several months, I can firmly attest that Abbie must be an angel on earth.  That is not an easy job, and if she does it, and says that she enjoys it, than may Rufus bless her for all her days. I cannot imagine doing that---ever.

Having been in and out of hospitals with my dad these last few months, I agree. Its hard to take care of the elderly, you see so much sorrow. 

26 minutes ago, ElToro said:

P.S. JD and Abbie seem a really good match and that makes me happy in ways I can't even fathom! Why do I care...?!?!

They just seem natural and happy. They're older and have more experience than the younger ones who got married in their early 20s. Abbie has a job and they just genuinely seem to enjoy each other's company. It's a good thing. I like people being happy! If they continue with the cutesy and just leave out the cult-y bits, all good!

Damn it, after their segement I kind of like them now. I wonder if this goes the same route as all the other relationships. First we have really high hopes only to find major red flags in the end. And then they do or say something that reminds us why we really talk about them here. 

I see big similarities to JinJer. They appeal and it is easy to forget how screwed up and harmful their beliefs are. My hope for this generation is that they will raise their children with less abusive methods. I don’t believe you can expect more even though there is always hope.

I really love this paring. I think a big reason is because they are both in their later 20’s and know what they want in a person. 

7 hours ago, ElToro said:

Father-in-law proposed to mother-in-law a week after meeting. She laughed in his face and said "No way. Ask me again in six month's time"... So he did and the rest is history....

..(history being, they had Mr Toro, who is a very short man. I am a very tall lady who happens to find short men uncontrollably attractive. For those worrying about their un-average (or perhaps over-average) sons/brothers etc.-please don't! They might be the perfect cup of tea for someone out there!!)

That's cool that you two have that height difference. I do think dating is an area where you can be as discriminatory as you want and I'm definitely not going to criticize women who want a male partner taller than them, or vice versa, but it seems like there are a lot of people who don't actually care about the height difference themselves but avoid it because of the stigma, which unfortunately is very real.

As a tall woman myself who rarely even meets men taller than me, I get so many personal comments from strangers telling me how hard it must be to find a boyfriend because they just assume I would only date someone taller than me. Multiple times I've had strangers suggest setting me up with a man they know purely because we both happen to be tall!

Then there are the men who act like they'd be doing me a favor for dating me when I'm taller than them. I've even had married men 30+ years older than me tell me, out of nowhere, that they would be willing to date me if they were available. :roll: Even if I were interested in any of those guys, it seems kind of insulting to praise yourself by starting by telling me how many men wouldn't want to date me. :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Abbie is a LVN/LPN, and often vocational nurses work in lower-acuity settings than RNs do - such as skilled nursing facilities ("nursing homes"/long-term care, residential rehab programs, etc) or in outpatient clinics. Would be 0% surprised if Abbie was nursing home staff. it's a very special (and growing) population.

@Rachel333 that sucks, I'm sorry. I've never had that - on the other hand, my husband has always been told his short stature isn't attractive to the ladies. 

And maybe I'm lucky and am of a particular age/nationality which values height, even (gasp!) in women. (Don't even start looking at all the 'giantessophiles' stuff out there.. That's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down!!!)

ETA. If you want some more palatable inspiration, check out model Sophie Dahl and her jazz musician husband, Jamie Cullum!

I love how Abbie was so awkward before the camera but not in the giggly way that Kendra was in the beginning. More in a this-is-bullshit-but-I-will-do-it-because-I-want-to-keep-friends-with-my-inlaws-way. It almost looked like she was making a joke out of it.

Mr Names and I are another couple who married very quickly and didn't know each other from a whole in the wall.  We were engaged 3 months after we randomly met, married 6 months later we just celebrated 22 years last month.  It does happen, and after reading through here it seems it happens with some frequency.  I was 25 when I met my husband and he was 34, we got married 3 weeks after I turned 26 and he was 35.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived