IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

The talk about birthdays and dates is interesting.  My sister-in-law was due with our nephew one year after my dad died.  My brother and sister-in-law desperately did NOT WANT him born on my dad's death date, so she was induced and had him one day before.  I thought it was kind of beautiful like sunshine and rain together, even if he had been born on my dad's death date, but I totally understood their decision.  On an unrelated note, almost everyone in my husband's family including in-laws were born on either the 13th of the month or the 22nd of the month.

March 22 - Brother-in-law #2

May 13 - Me (sometimes falls on Mother's Day)

November 22 - Mother-in-law

August 22 - Father-in-law

January 13 - Brother-in-law #1

February 13 - Sister-in-law #1

July 22 - Sister-in-law #2

August 13 - Niece

CRAAAAZY!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

The talk about birthdays and dates is interesting.  My sister-in-law was due with our nephew one year after my dad died.  My brother and sister-in-law desperately did NOT WANT him born on my dad's death date, so she was induced and had him one day before.  I thought it was kind of beautiful like sunshine and rain together, even if he had been born on my dad's death date, but I totally understood their decision.  On an unrelated note, almost everyone in my husband's family including in-laws were born on either the 13th of the month or the 22nd of the month.

March 22 - Brother-in-law #2

May 13 - Me (sometimes falls on Mother's Day)

November 22 - Mother-in-law

August 22 - Father-in-law

January 13 - Brother-in-law #1

February 13 - Sister-in-law #1

July 22 - Sister-in-law #2

August 13 - Niece

CRAAAAZY!

That is!!! 

We have a lot of 15ths in our household. two birthdays and our anniversary.

No big coincidences in my family, but I was born on Friday the 13th / Good Friday, and my boyfriend was born on Boxing Day. No significance to either of us because we’re American atheists. 

So, I was born on february 12th and a year later my sister came along on february 13th...  Yep... we are Mother's day, possibly Memorial Day camping babies...Side note, even at 32 I don't want to think of my parents getting busy.

8 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

we are Mother's day, possibly Labor Day camping babies

Hoping you mean Memorial Day instead of Labor Day?? lol

My husband was involved in an accident with a young child fatality, 5 days before my birthday, 6 years ago.  He wasn't found to be at fault (except for the "If I'd just left sooner/later, went another way, etc" thoughts), but that doesn't keep him from being a mess emotionally for most of that month.  

He tried the first couple of years, bless his heart, but just couldn't.  So, my kids just took over for him, making sure I get a small slice of whatever cake I've been dreaming of for 6 months.  I'm a diabetic, dang it.... That cake is one of two slices I get each year.  It's important!   I don't really care if he remembers my birthday.  I'd probably prefer it if he just remained oblivious to the entire month, since it would probably be easier on him.  Just sneak me the cake!! 

3 hours ago, SadieJane said:

So, I was born on february 12th and a year later my sister came along on february 13th...  Yep... we are Mother's day, possibly Memorial Day camping babies...Side note, even at 32 I don't want to think of my parents getting busy.

My mom has decided that since I'm a grown up with kids now, it's totes cool to share details of her and my dad's sex life. 

It is not.

In the _Music family, June is the busiest month! 5 family member in that same month.

Two of my brothers and my sister are born that month. That's three out of five siblings.

Then my brother (born on June 3rd) had his first child on the 14th, and his daughter on the 1st. My nephew is almost 9 now, and his sister is 5. So for a few years now, especially since my siblings have all started having children, we usually just throw out a big barbecue around the 20th-23th when school is over for the kids (at it usually have a long weekend at that time of year here in Quebec).

As for being born on a special day, well I can tell you Valentine's day is pretty sweet. ;) I have always enjoyed it personnally. It felt nice to be born on a holiday but it isn't a major one either (like Christmas!).

On 9/25/2018 at 12:13 AM, HurricaneBells said:

Haha this. My mum and her sister had their oldest child both on the same day at the same time, 7 YEARS APART. I love weird stuff like that!

Nicole, a neighbor of mine had her second child, a daughter, on her 25th birthday. Nicole was born on her mother's 25th birthday. Nicole's mother was born on HER mother's 24th birthday. Nicole's mother's sister was born on their mother's 24th birthday. It's easy to remember birthdays in their family.

Nicole's son was born a week before her 23rd birthday. I asked if she induced either child or had a c-section and she said no. Quite the coincidence.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:01 PM, Carm_88 said:

I think the last birthday I was interested in celebrating was 19. Once you're legal drinking age, nothing else matters! :P But truthfully, I've never been the type to celebrate my birthday. My Mom made me have a party when I was 7 and I cried. Hahah.

Since I was a child, I never had a big thing about celebrating birthdays. I did invite my three closest friends over on my 25th birthday (they all lived several hours away). We went to a male strip club. Yeah, it was fun, but I don't need to celebrate like that again. I haven't had a birthday party since and I've had over 25 more birthdays.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

On her tumblr she says that she thinks abortion is wrong and considers herself pro-life but she supports Roe and doesn't think abortion should be legal...she has also shared that one of her best friends is trans...to be this is a great example of having your own beliefs without forcing it on others...

Can someone link to this person's social media? 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Charliemae said:

I find this conversation fascinating.  

When we are talking about jumping through "hoops" and not being specific it's easy to read into this one way or the other.  Some hoops are there to protect women, in fertility issues and most major medical decisions.   Historically women aren't given a lot of autonomy in medical choices.   I know a women who had no trouble getting her tubes tied, we suspect because she's lower income and has a few kids already.  POC also have a much easier time getting those procedures... 

I'm not sure I'm really adding anything.  This is just making my mind spin taking in all the sides. 

But there shouldn't be any sides. A woman should have the sole choice and decision making power when it comes to her reproduction. Neither society nor some doctor should get to choose or decide that she's too "flighty" to make a decision not to bear children.  

On 9/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, just_ordinary said:

I guess my mindset is more in the direction that we are talking about an operation without any medically need. And I think every surgery without a medically need should be questioned before and every party (patient and doctor) should be absolutely sure that this is thought through well. This should be the rule for men and women by the way. This doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be possible to have it done or that you should have to fight for years.

@bal maiden I admit, I haven’t thought of something like that. Maybe because I am not aware of any relationship in my social bubble where this happens (of course I cannot be a 100% sure) or because no one I talk more to (male or female) has ever given me the impression that this is still an acceptable behaviour. This sounds a lot like something from the 60s. I might be very sheltered and naive about that, and on a rational level I know this still happens.

My very subjective experience: Most guys I met were actually over careful when you mentioned that you messed up taking your pill and there might be a chance of conceiving. This was often the ultimate contraception as they often opted for rather having no sex at all.

Who says there's no "medical need" when someone doesn't want a child? So should we also have a lot of gatekeeping when it comes to the right to have an abortion? That's an operation. 

Having a child is monumental. Life changing. For both the person having the child and the child itself. It also wreaks havoc on one's body and causes permanent, physical changes and can also be life-threatening on occasion. Around 18 deaths per 100,000 live births. 

If a woman decides she doesn't want that life-changing experience or take that risk, she indeed has a "medical need". 

I feel this comes back down to ingrained notions about traditional gender roles for women. Women are supposed to desire children and have babies. Those who don't are suspect. 

My dad and his sister are both December babies, while their brothers are July babies. I don't remember when my grandparents' anniversary was, but I think the July babies may have been anniversary babies (especiall the oops baby, who was born 15 years after my dad). 

My brother's are both Valentine's day babies. One went overdue and is in November, the other is the end of October. I'm a March baby who was actually due of April. I can't think of any holidays that might have led to me (I know for a fact I was a "surprise" to my parents). 

On celebrating birthdays-- I turn 21 the day before Spring Break this year! I'm trying to get my family to travel to Universal Orlando, so I can celebrate with butterbeer and Duff beer. 

On 9/28/2018 at 6:13 AM, Kaylo said:

3 of my 19 students this year share the exact same birthday. I asked the upper level math teacher the odds of that. He said there was a 0.000007% chance.

When I was in school there where three of us with birthdays the 14, 16 and 17 in the same month. Then a new kid started and I said it would be funny if his was on the 15. And it was. (I might actually be a witch.)

We all had a big joint party for our whole class on our birthdays though and that was fun! I havn’t done anything big for my birthday for years but I’m turning 40 in a couple of years and am thinking about going all out. Because when else will I have a good excuse to gather all my friends and have insane amounts of cake?

How is JD not ravaging her right there, they are touching, and we all know boys can't control themselves. :pb_rollseyes: 

On 9/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, GutenbergGirl said:

My husband was involved in an accident with a young child fatality, 5 days before my birthday, 6 years ago.  He wasn't found to be at fault (except for the "If I'd just left sooner/later, went another way, etc" thoughts), but that doesn't keep him from being a mess emotionally for most of that month.  

He tried the first couple of years, bless his heart, but just couldn't.  So, my kids just took over for him, making sure I get a small slice of whatever cake I've been dreaming of for 6 months.  I'm a diabetic, dang it.... That cake is one of two slices I get each year.  It's important!   I don't really care if he remembers my birthday.  I'd probably prefer it if he just remained oblivious to the entire month, since it would probably be easier on him.  Just sneak me the cake!! 

Maybe you could, together with your husband, choose a totally different date to be your "birthday of choice" each year from here onward, so that he can emotionally be there to celebrate with you each year?

Jobbie posted that one themselves! :P They look pretty happy to be defrauding each other! Good for them!

Oh my fucking God looking closer at those two pics I just realised my crush is a JD look-a-like.

Well... as long as they're not total doppelgängers. My crush has a tattoo and is a motorcycle freak! Please JD, don't get a tattoo and a billion motorcycles! ?️

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived