IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My sisters were both born in Jul, almost exactly 10 years apart.  Their children were both born in Feb, also almost 10 years apart. 

Haha this. My mum and her sister had their oldest child both on the same day at the same time, 7 YEARS APART. I love weird stuff like that!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

One of my sisters BFFs from High School, her parents had the same birthday 3 years apart, She & her husband have the same birthday, they had two kids who both shared a birthday, 

That's really interesting. I mentioned this before. My chorus teacher from high school and his wife have the same birthday, he's 2 years older. 

I dated somebody exactly one year younger than me. I've also got a friend who's birthday is the day after mine, and an aunt who's birthday is 2 years after mine. I share a birth month with my spirit sister, as well as two of my long-term partners (one of whom had a birthday the day before my spirit sister).

From a scientific standpoint, astrology may be whole lot of hokum, but I find it interesting that people born in certain months and years tend to play significant roles in my life.

I'm sure there's a Sheldonesque explanation for everything.

My mom and step dad shared a birthday. They had a funny story about how it lead to their first date, though I don't remember the details now. It did make it easy on us buying a card and gifts. Unfortunately, the date has become a tough one for us since my mom passed away so young still. I think my step dad feels guilty celebrating now, which he shouldn't. Hopefully it will get easier on us as time goes by. It ha already been three years.

On birthdays - my two sisters and I all have birthdays 10 days apart. 
Then I met my husband who has the same birthdate as one of them, but the same year as the other. Add in my parents wedding anniversary, mothers day, memorial day & Victoria day - and we cram a lot in for 6 weeks in the early summer.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:29 AM, NoJulius said:

Whenever I read this, I can hear Michelles sweet voice and see her crazy eyes smile.

Please pray for my soul :my_dodgy:... 

Oh no! You have cursed me! My hair is growing long, turning brown and... it's... I can't control it... it's perming up!

I think the last birthday I was interested in celebrating was 19. Once you're legal drinking age, nothing else matters! :P But truthfully, I've never been the type to celebrate my birthday. My Mom made me have a party when I was 7 and I cried. Hahah.

My parents shared the same birthday, same birth year. Two years before I was born, they had a niece born on their birthday. I was born two days after their birthday, and another cousin is exactly 51 weeks older than me, meaning her birthday is a week after mine on the calendar. Within a 9 day period, we'd have 5 birthdays to celebrate.

My younger brother once complained in kindergarten that it'd be hard to find a girl with his exact birthday. He thought that was a necessary requirement for a wife. ?

My birthday always coincides with the beginning of the school year. My very 1st day of school was my birthday. I was 5 and I. WAS. THE. QUEEN.  I got a paper crown, with candy on it, I got to sit in the birthday chair, and I was the 1st one to ever sit in it as it was brand new.  That was pretty much the last birthday I think I truly enjoyed. after that it was all kind of a let down. :pb_lol:

I have had multiple people casually mention that they saw the couple out and about in various places all by themselves. I feel weird about how surprised I feel to hear that an engaged couple in their late 20's is going on unchaperoned dates.

I'm curious if they will admit that on the show ever or pretend that everyone uses the same strict rules. And was this a big deal that JD put his foot down about with his parents?

The lack of honesty and transparancy is to what their current modesty/ courting/ whatever standards are is so infuriating. If you disagree with you parents or your parents standards have changed over the years, please have the courage and integrity to just admit it. For the love of Rufus, please!

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My birthday always coincides with the beginning of the school year. My very 1st day of school was my birthday. I was 5 and I. WAS. THE. QUEEN.  I got a paper crown, with candy on it, I got to sit in the birthday chair, and I was the 1st one to ever sit in it as it was brand new.  That was pretty much the last birthday I think I truly enjoyed. after that it was all kind of a let down. :pb_lol:

Ha! My birthday is also close to the start of the school year, but school starts earlier now than when I was a kid. My first day of 1st grade was my birthday. I was NOT the queen. The teacher showed us the paper cake on the bulletin board, and explained that she hadn't had a chance to put the paper candles with the name and date for September's birthdays yet, but she would get to it soon. I raised my hand and told her, "Today is my birthday." I don't remember what she said exactly, but I think she told me we would do our classroom "celebration" the next day.

I don't think I had any bad feelings about it. She was a cool teacher and very nice. Later in the year, I got a really big Hershey bar, just for me, because I read lots of books. Chocolate and books?! My kind of classroom!!

My Neice was born 35 years to the day that my grandmother ( neice's great grandmother ) passed away. 

Dates can be strange. 

One of my best friends was an only child, and her brother was born on her 10th birthday. My daughter was born on her birth mother's 18th birthday! 

I hope it's true that JD and Abbie are allowed to be out by themselves and are breaking away from the ridiculous Duggar courtship standards.

I wonder if there's ever been a case that one of the siblings as a chaperone has told/let the couple go on by themselves for a second. I want to believe that, but at the same time I feel like someone'll bust the couple's ass if that happened.

Last birthday party I remember having was when I turned 5. My aunt killed herself two weeks prior to that and it was (and is) obviously a pretty shitty time of year for my family. I just turned 30 this year and I honestly don’t really enjoy doing anything more than a quiet dinner and cake at home with my husband and our daughter.

(Not mentioning that to be a Debby Downer. I just hope people realize there are a lot of reasons why someone may not enjoy celebrating their birthday and that blaming it on getting older or something could just be an easy excuse. Some people, myself included, don’t really like discussing the real reason they don’t enjoy celebrating their birthday.)

My daughter and I share a birthday. It's not exactly a coincidence. 

We knew I was going to be having a c-section in July, and the day before I went in to book it, I asked my husband if he had any preferences for which day is booked. 

He said, "Just do it on your birthday, then I'll only have one day to remember."

I went in the next day, and the OB asked me if July 6th (my birthday) was ok. I told him my husband would be happy :)

so I had my daughter on my 29th birthday. I got the best gift I could ever get ❤️

I celebrated birthdays as a kid and teen; after that, I kind of got out of the "big party" habit.

Then I got cancer. After that? When my birthMONTH rolls around, it's ALLLLLLLL about me. LOL

My actual birthday is awesome. Every birthday is a gift, as anyone who has been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness would likely tell you. I love being here to celebrate another year, another trip around the sun...

I'm kind of weird about my birthday. My father passed away two weeks after I turned nine, on what was supposed to have been my due date. Ever since then, I've always had that could of sadness leading up to it because I loved my dad in that way that every little girl who idolizes her dad does, and it's hard not to think about that loss when it rolls around. My family never talks about anything important, but I'm pretty sure this also played a part in everyone's tendency to either forget it or put any sort of celebration off to the last possible minute. (I've gotten so many grocery store cards and gifts still in their plastic bags...) I am, weirdly enough, the only one in my family who seems to think birthdays should be a time to celebrate someone and let them know how much they mean to you, but I'm also hesitant to try and make any real plans for my own because they have a tendency to go wrong and leave me feeling more dejected and down than if I'd just tried to forget about the whole thing.

Last month I had my first birthday with a romantic partner in years, and I made a point of sitting him down a month ahead of time and explaining to him how sensitive I can be about it. I made it clear that I don't need (or want) anything big or fancy or expensive; I just need some kind of sign that it's remembered and that it matters. He showed up on the day with flowers and a cute birthday card, and he took me to dinner at a cheesy German restaurant with a live accordion player. I. Was. Delighted. ?

8 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

3 of my 19 students this year share the exact same birthday. I asked the upper level math teacher the odds of that. He said there was a 0.000007% chance.

That seems off. The birthday paradox means that in a room of 23 people the odds are 50% that two people will share a birthday. Obviously three people sharing a birthday is going to be less common, but someone here asked the odds of 3 in 24 people sharing a birthday and the mathematician came up with about 1 in 70 odds , or 1.4%.

In the case of a classroom I don't think the fact that the students have exactly the same birthday, meaning the same year, would be relevant like it would be in a random group since presumably everyone in the class is about the same age.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Last birthday party I remember having was when I turned 5. My aunt killed herself two weeks prior to that and it was (and is) obviously a pretty shitty time of year for my family. I just turned 30 this year and I honestly don’t really enjoy doing anything more than a quiet dinner and cake at home with my husband and our daughter.

(Not mentioning that to be a Debby Downer. I just hope people realize there are a lot of reasons why someone may not enjoy celebrating their birthday and that blaming it on getting older or something could just be an easy excuse. Some people, myself included, don’t really like discussing the real reason they don’t enjoy celebrating their birthday.)

Absolutely. My birthdays were never a big deal because I was born 8 months to the day after my grandmother mother passed away. I regret not ever having the chance to know her. 

Apart from our family birthdays I stopped spending them after 15 or 16 with a couple of exceptions at 18 and some... other age. As I've mentioned before I was born in July - I was born in the best holiday season. Everyone was always away, I was sort of used to just... not having many people around. So, at 15/16, had my phone, had my friends' MSN messenger deets etc, so planning was so much easier. I decided to have a small birthday with just a couple of kids that I thought out to be my best friends.

One of my best friends to this day (who's due to have a baby in two months!!! aaa!) canceled a week prior because she was just not able to switch her shift at work... the rest except for one canceled literally the day before with some bullshit, so I spent the day with my other best friend (also a good close friend to this day). She asked me an hour in "... wait, so, are other people coming?" and I feebly answered that no, they all had to cancel...

And I proceeded to have an awesome time just the two of us. Still to this day I feel bitter about the whole thing. But at the same time I learnt who were the people I could trust.

Nowadays my birthdays are spent writing a witty remark on Facebook about my birthday and allowing myself a nice beer and a good bag of sweets. At times my two best friends (mentioned before - they're actually my "adoption" cousins so we spent numerous birthdays with each other for ages) do some really fun stuff like this year's day at the spa. But other than that, it's just another day. ... and well, being 26 and single birthdays just remind me of not being in a relationship and my ovaries slowly withering.

My younger brother closest to my age was due on my birthday (July 11) two years after I was born. He was born 2 weeks early (June 27) It goes his birthday, exactly a week later 4th of July then exactly a week after that my birthday.

Also free slurpee day. I tell everyone I get free slurpees on my birthday and they get jealous and ask why they don't then I tell them it's because my birthday is 7-11. On my 16th birthday my friends and I tried to hit up every 7-11 in our city a working class inner ring suburb, we made it to 27 before stopping and still missed some.

There's a week in May that includes Mother's Day, my parents' anniversary, my birthday, my brother's birthday and my grandma's when she was still alive. We just call it cake week and do one dinner now, haha. My 16th, my parents messed up and tried to give the cake to my brother, for his 18th and had to go wipe his name off of it. Now, it's hilarious, as a 16 year old girl I think I cried about it to everyone at school.

I turned 30 on my regular commuter flight this year with the regular crew, Delta pretty much threw me a party, paid for my birthday flowers and a free bump up to first class. I still don't know how they got the flowers on our quick layover, I guess one of the flower machines or a lounge. They were more excited about it being my birthday than I was or my regular folks were, guess it was a nice break in the monotony of it all. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived