IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Audrey2 said:

Yay! Your friend's daughter is only the second birthday buddy I've heard of! My first was a woman in my church that I learned about the year I turned 40 (I had just moved). I've had friends and family on the 23rd and 25th, but never the 24th. I do share a birthday with President Zachary Taylor and Scott Joplin, the king of Ragtime.

We're birthday buddies too! I like that I typically get school off since it is near Thanksgiving, but having it on the actual day is awful. At least there is always cake at the celebration. Another famous person that shares our birthday is the serial killer Ted Bundy.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Markie said:

I checked out Abbie & John’s registries. I like a lot of the things on their lists. They have a wide variety of items. They really like Board Games. 

No socks on it? I think socks was on Joe's and Kendra's, and it floored me.

59 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

My birthday is just over a week before Christmas on the 16th. I hate it since I overheard my brother saying I ruined many Christmas holidays for him. 

That's Wolf Boy's birthday. I always say he's the best early Christmas present i ever got. We made sure to celebrate his birthday.

My daughter was due in mid-January. My husband is an Accountant though and so we kept joking that she’d come in December to get us a last minute tax break. I even wrote our dog a Christmas list and jokingly put down that she wanted her sister to arrive in time for Christmas. The little Troll decided to call our bluff and was born the first week of December.  

... so yeah... I’m not allowed to joke like that if I’m ever pregnant again. I clearly have magic powers. :pb_lol:

(My Dad isn’t allowed to joke like that either since he jokingly requested I not have her too close to Christmas. He felt that his first granddaughter deserved her own day of celebrations.)

Did anyone else see Krista's tumblr post calling out the person that did it? She seems pissed...I would be too if my "friends" shared this kind of info. It was nice seeing someone show some emotion for once lol 

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 9.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 9.13.01 PM.png

oooooo I like a feisty Krista. You know, I don't disagree with her, but I feel like she has been selling them out for years for nothing, so she should probably sit down with that. Or maybe I am wrong and it just feels like she's been the token source for years...

Does Krista know that people screen shot pictures all the time and share them? They don't need to be leaked. FJ may have a policy about not posting pictures from private instagrams but tumblr does not.

9 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My dad's birthday is Christmas Eve and he hated the fact that people would give him one small gift. I always make the point of getting him two gifts even if it just chocolates or a tin of shortbread. My birthday is June, I loved having a birthday in the middle of the year, I always got nice summer outfits as presents.

I am also an Xmas Eve baby.  I kind of hate it.  We didn't celebrate Christmas growing up, so the double presents wasn't an issue, but now as an adult when I'd just like to go out for a meal or drinks in the evening, nothing's ever open.  And no one cares about anything except...Christmas Eve, natch.    

11 minutes ago, Sairrr said:

“We’re supposed to be a tight group”? Girl, you’re a THOUSAND people.

I know, right? I do think it's shitty to share the invitation online when they've (apparently) explicitly been asked not to. But, maybe that should be a sign to you that you do not have 1000 friends. There's no need to invite random people you've met, like, twice at Big Sandy. I think they could easily pare down the guest list to something like 300 if they only invited people they are actually reasonably close with. Yes, even with their huge families. Maybe that would cut out the people who like to gossip about you on the Internet.

I mean you could actually personalize your wedding a little bit if you "only" had to invite 300 people instead of 1,000 people. But hey sure give us basically the same cookie cutter wedding we've seen umpteen times before.

13 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I mean you could actually personalize your wedding a little bit if you "only" had to invite 300 people instead of 1,000 people. But hey sure give us basically the same cookie cutter wedding we've seen umpteen times before.

You could actually feed your guests too (and even then, I've seen those giant fuck-off South Asian weddings where they have ~1000 guests and they manage to have heaps of delicious food, so excuses for the shit food at Duggar weddings are in short supply).

I do think it was a dick move to leak the invite to the whole of the internet after apparently being explicitly asked not to do so (I could see how it could be a genuine safety concern for randos on the internet to know when a Duggar wedding is). I also think that it's incredibly hard for 1000 people to keep a secret, especially when at least a few of the people in that happy few are gossips, opportunists, and hangers-on. 

3 hours ago, SadieJane said:

oooooo I like a feisty Krista. You know, I don't disagree with her, but I feel like she has been selling them out for years for nothing, so she should probably sit down with that. Or maybe I am wrong and it just feels like she's been the token source for years...

I guess I disagree...I admit that I like her though lol 

I've been following her on social media for like 5 years. Back then she posted a lot of pics and commented on the Pickles page correcting people/defending D's. I didn't get the feeling that she was selling them out as much of just unaware...I think she learned her lesson and now shes' gone private and hardly posts about them. To be fair, she never posted any private info online that I'm aware of like wedding dates, baby pics, baby names...Am I wrong? 

1 hour ago, Sairrr said:

“We’re supposed to be a tight group”? Girl, you’re a THOUSAND people.

I think she was referncing this person specifically with the videos and photos...so it must be a smaller group? That's my guess. 

My birthday is only a few days after Valentines (17th) and my boyfriend's is 3 weeks before. Good excuse for us to not do anything for Valentines ?

I do have a holiday on my birthday every few years, but it's Carnaval, which is always a huge party here. I actually love it if it falls on my birthday, I can celebrate my birthday with the whole city ?

I can’t find the link to the birthday popularity visual/website - can someone please help by linking or tell me which page to go to? Thanks! I’m keen to see how my family fares.

February 29 birthdays have been in the news here:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10242750

I think she officially should have turned 18 on March 1.

Looks like Abbie went to Renee's for her dress, too. I really wonder what kind of deal they have with her, do they get the dress for free for the publicity or what?

Can't link the Facebook post for some reason, but it's here.

By birthday is on 31st of December, but I kind of like it. 

I don't like being the center of attention, so this way I was always with friends at some party (celebrating the new year) without needing to organise it. Also my close friends and family did get me a gift every time. And I guess for my friends it is also easier since we're usually together most of us and they can all get me one gift. (it's usually a nicer one, and just one person has to go shopping for it :D )

So for me it's a win/win.

But I do understand why some people wouldn't like it, and would want the day to be more about themselves..

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fundy Girl Fight!!!!:popcorn2:

What would a Fundy Girl Fight involve? How is this going down? Will they quote scripture at each other? There’s obviously plenty of hair to pull, but will it come to that? I have so many questions!

ETA, I just imagined a fundy girl tying back her long hair and saying to one of her many sisters, “Mary Ruth, hold my purity ring.” :pb_lol: I am easily amused.

21 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

What would a Fundy Girl Fight involve? How is this going down? Will they quote scripture at each other? There’s obviously plenty of hair to pull, but will it come to that? I have so many questions!

ETA, I just imagined a fundy girl tying back her long hair and saying to one of her many sisters, “Mary Ruth, hold my purity ring.” :pb_lol: I am easily amused.

Haha I actually LoL’ed for realz. The scriptures part does remind me of Callie in Grey’s anatomy when she takes on her father with scriptures for being bisexual. 

I just find it funny that Krista assumes she knows who it is. Out of 1000 people, how could you figure out which person shared the invitation? Really?

It sucks that it was shared without their permission, but that's what happens when you invite 1000 people. Shit gets out.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived