IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What will the name be?  Everything else seems pretty predictable...introduce the kids to the baby on the couch, children are a heritage, sooooo thankful, such a blessing, labor took some number of hours, Priscilla had her bible verse, Phillip is now a big brother.

But, unlike some other families we discuss here, I have no doubt that the baby is wanted and will be loved.  Their children appear happy, if occasionally a bit puzzled about what they got themselves into.  It's nice seeing fundie kids who don't seem scared or neglected in some way.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, Carm_88 said:

Little D must be coming soon. I feel like Pris has been pregnant forever!

They said end of September or early October on the blog.

8 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

At least she’s not on a cross country tour this time!

Or in Zambia like her hapless sister.

I really just want to find out what they name this one. I was thinking maybe they won't pick something specifically Biblical, but still religious. Like Dorothy, maybe. 

On 9/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, Dandruff said:

But, unlike some other families we discuss here, I have no doubt that the baby is wanted and will be loved.  Their children appear happy, if occasionally a bit puzzled about what they got themselves into.  It's nice seeing fundie kids who don't seem scared or neglected in some way.

Well, I think Pris is a good mother and likely will always strive to be one.  She seems like a sweet, good-hearted person.

David....is another story.  The kids are little and manageable now.  Unlike Pris, he seems a little uncomfortable around the them and treats them like little adults. And I can see him turning into a complete bastard from hell if one of the kids steps a toe out of the line he's drawn in the sand.

I find David just as scary as any other fundie guy out there.  And he may be worse if, as I suspect, he feels he has a lot to prove. In the real world, having your mom on your side is huge.  Even if your father is a tyrant, hopefully she'll always have your back.  Not in fundie land, however.  The headship rules, period.  Pris will always put David ahead of the kids, no matter how unreasonable his demands might be. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I really just want to find out what they name this one. I was thinking maybe they won't pick something specifically Biblical, but still religious. Like Dorothy, maybe. 

I think it'll probably be Donna, for the Donald that passed away, given that Davia is only one letter off from David.

I'm still hoping for Darwina though.

I'm sure others will disagree but I feel like this pregnancy has gone by so quickly. I feel like she just announced and now were already speculating on when she will give birth. I'm sure its just because the pecan and pris are so much more quiet now than they used to be. They used to make posts and videos of themselves but now they just have the occasional post showing off cute children and are mostly flying under the (social media) radar. I'm sure that's a calculated move and I'm sure they have as horrible beliefs as ever. But it's so hard to believe that pecan #4 is almost here. I still remember laughing- crying really- about dump truck baby like it happened yesterday 

They aren’t posting as much on their Instagram account. My guess is that they have been really busy and tired with this 4th pregnancy. Having three young kids and a pregnancy just sounds exhausting. I hope her pregnancies keep getting further and further apart until there is a solid three year gap. By then Davia will be a sister mom anyway :(

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They aren’t posting as much on their Instagram account. My guess is that they have been really busy and tired with this 4th pregnancy.

I suspect it's a calculated move to minimize attention while they actively try to expand their little patriarchal empire.  Davey seems to like to brag (ridiculous as fun family fun for families gets, repeatedly) so I look for a reason for their relative silence.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:35 PM, anjulibai said:

I'm thinking it'll be something cutesy and even floral like Daisy, Dahlia, or Dawn. Or if biblical, Dina or Dana (would love some Red Tent influence).

For some reason, there are fundie families that don’t always go biblical for girl names while they do go biblical for the boys. I’m wondering if the Wallers will do that. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

For some reason, there are fundie families that don’t always go biblical for girl names while they do go biblical for the boys. I’m wondering if the Wallers will do that. 

It makes sense since there are far fewer Biblical names for girls to choose from.

There are more Bible  females names in the Than you think actually But Unlike  the male names Most of these are not usable... Hoglah and Karen Happuch? Orpha? 

If I had twin girls and wanted to go biblical  I would personally use Tamar and Tirzah :)

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

There are more Bible  females names in the Than you think actually But Unlike  the male names Most of these are not usable... Hoglah and Karen Happuch? Orpha? 

If I had twin girls and wanted to go biblical  I would personally use Tamar and Tirzah :)

Yeah but it's still far fewer than male names, and like you say most of them aren't ones that most parents would use.

From wikipedia:

The number of named and unnamed women in the Bible is uncertain. Professor Karla Bombach says the number ranges from 111 to 173 named individuals, and over 600 unnamed women.[9] "Despite the disparities among these different calculations, ... women or women's names represent between 5.5 and 8 percent of the total [names in the Bible], a stunning reflection of the androcentric character of the Bible."[9] A study of women whose spoken words are recorded found 93, of which 49 women are named.[10]

Ooh ooh, a baby I haven't guessed for yet! So exciting :)

I played around with the Baby Name Finder ( http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/advanced-name-finder) and came up with:

Dodai - meaning "beloved" in Aramaic but also a man in I Chronicles so probably too masculine for David's taste (see the justification for Philip's middle name, Andrew.)

Damaris - means "heifer" (presumably not the slur then that it is now!), an Athenian lady converted to Christianity by Paul. Apparently pronounced "DAM-er-iss", I would have guessed "de-MARR-iss"

Donata - meaning "giving", also a saint. I like this one especially as apparently they lost a family member named Donald? (I missed that.) Could be a good tribute and jives with their JOY philosophy.

Demetria - "gift of Demeter" - possibly too pagan but it is the name of a saint. I think it's really pretty!

Daria - uncertain (probably Persian) meaning, but another saint. Probably too close to Davia. Though that has not stopped some fundies!

Devorah - I feel they may play the "I know the Bible better than you!" card and spell this name the Hebrew way (instead of Deborah).

Dionne - just a fun, out-there name like Davia, with no particular meaning I could find. I can imagine them coming up with some justification for why it's so holy.

So I'll go with Donata for my guess but I kind of hope they go for Demetria. (Realistically, I think probably Dorothy.)

For those of you are just joining the Waller name game, a few of us are guessing Sue for a middle name. Mostly because Pris’s Mom is Suzette and David’s mom is Susan and goes by Sue. 

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea,  when I first read your post,  I thought that Dodai was Doodah.  Dodie is a possibility, but I think it's usually a nickname for Dorothy.

I knew a Demaris years ago in Sunbeams.  She pronounced Demaris with the accent on the second syllable 9de-MARE-is) as does Demaris Phillips, the winner of Season Nine of food Network Star and the star of Southern at Heart.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived