IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

This introduction video has come a long way from the earlier ones introducing Davia and Paul, where we all felt uncomfortable for poor Priscilla, who was fully dressed and perched on the couch hours after birth reciting something Davey obviously wrote about blessings and stuff. It was nice to see a more casual side—and nice to see Priscilla stayed in bed. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Out of all the Keller daughters, I feel sorry for Esther the most. She really is stuck. 

Me too. I literally prayed that she might stay here and somehow slowly have John send the kids here somehow and she might just leave him there but she’ll go back for her other kids :(

I was pretty nervous while they let Phillip (isn't he still one years old?) hold that baby. The parents were so busy babbling the same thing over and over (". . . are a blessing from. . . ") that they didnt' notice their "blessing's" head was wobbling backwards. 

39 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This introduction video has come a long way from the earlier ones introducing Davia and Paul, where we all felt uncomfortable for poor Priscilla, who was fully dressed and perched on the couch hours after birth reciting something Davey obviously wrote about blessings and stuff. It was nice to see a more casual side—and nice to see Priscilla stayed in bed. 

probably because esther was there- she made dinner instead of pris having to jump up and make it for everyone

Very similar to Miley Cyrus's really name - Destiny Hope

Sorry-caught up and saw that this has already been mentioned.  

18 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I was pretty nervous while they let Phillip (isn't he still one years old?) hold that baby. The parents were so busy babbling the same thing over and over (". . . are a blessing from. . . ") that they didnt' notice their "blessing's" head was wobbling backwards. 

He will turn 2 on the 19th.

20 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Me too.  I was just a little older than Phillip when a sister was born.  As the story goes, my mother turned her back after leaving the infant on a bed or sofa and I swooped into the room, expecting to pick up a doll and promptly dropped the baby on the floor.   

She was okay, but years later my sometimes mean-spirited father would jokingly blame me when she struggled in math class....

I feel it is a sad reflection on my life that I recognized Agape immediately in the video! I had seen a mention of Esther being there but I would have recognized her daughter regardless. Too bad they couldn't just stay in the US!

2 hours ago, JeanieCat said:

I feel it is a sad reflection on my life that I recognized Agape immediately in the video! I had seen a mention of Esther being there but I would have recognized her daughter regardless. Too bad they couldn't just stay in the US!

Little Agape is a clone of her father. Of course she’s cute but I like Esther much better than John so I always hope all the children look like Esther. 

7 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm sad they didn't gave her "Hope" as a middle name but I still hope she will free from the cult and follow her famous namesake footsteps ?

Oy. Her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles would all have heart attacks if baby Destiny grew up and twerked into some perv’s crotch on TV.

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I really hope she said, “Fuck that noise. If I’m going to keep pushing these out I’ll get up when I want to!”

I can dream, right?

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

probably because esther was there- she made dinner instead of pris having to jump up and make it for everyone

Fundie men are so useless. Seriously, he can’t even make ONE meal? Like make some easy Mac or order pizza. It’s not that hard.

19 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Fundie men are so useless. Seriously, he can’t even make ONE meal? Like make some easy Mac or order pizza. It’s not that hard.

I think he’s able. We’ve seen pictures of him in the kitchen before marriage. The issue is that Pris most likely INSISTS on making a meal fairly soon after giving birth. It’s how she was raised and it’s expected. I imagine she would feel really guilty if David was forced to make dinner or order a pizza because she was so tired. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he’s able. We’ve seen pictures of him in the kitchen before marriage. The issue is that Pris most likely INSISTS on making a meal fairly soon after giving birth. It’s how she was raised and it’s expected. I imagine she would feel really guilty if David was forced to make dinner or order a pizza because she was so tired. 

Ugh. And David should INSIST she shouldn’t feel obligated. And INSIST he doesn’t mind. And tell her over and over she shouldn’t feel guilty. Stupid ass Keller parents.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:56 AM, SamiKatz said:

I actually read the blog post and have to say I'm seriously impressed that Priscilla had a lasagne dinner after giving birth.  I've known lots of women who left the hospital right after giving birth and were fine, but I don't think any of them had lasagne for dinner.

I always have In-n-Out. Birthing makes me hungry. Except the year I had the baby on Thanksgiving eve. That year I had turkey and all the trimmings right out of the hospital. 

6 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I always have In-n-Out. Birthing makes me hungry. Except the year I had the baby on Thanksgiving eve. That year I had turkey and all the trimmings right out of the hospital. 

I was ravenous after giving birth as well, but giving birth always messed up my GI tract, so 'heavy' food was out for a couple of days.  

My hospital provided 'new mom food packs' for moms who gave birth after food service was done for the day.  They had just whisked my daughter away to the NICU (just a precaution, fortunately) and I saw the bag on a table on the other side of the room.  I asked a nurse if it had food in it, she said 'yes', and I told her she needed to bring it to me RIGHT NOW...lol. 

23 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I was ravenous after giving birth as well, but giving birth always messed up my GI tract, so 'heavy' food was out for a couple of days.  

My hospital provided 'new mom food packs' for moms who gave birth after food service was done for the day.  They had just whisked my daughter away to the NICU (just a precaution, fortunately) and I saw the bag on a table on the other side of the room.  I asked a nurse if it had food in it, she said 'yes', and I told her she needed to bring it to me RIGHT NOW...lol. 

The food at the hospital I delivered at was the most awful, constipating food you can imagine (except the one hospital I trained at that seemed to only serve cottage cheese, canned pineapple and cold, grainy mac n cheese for every meal). Anyway, I wouldn't eat it. After the In n Out, Mr. Snood always brought me home cooked food. The last thing any mom needs after delivery is constipation.

26 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My hospital provided 'new mom food packs' for moms who gave birth after food service was done for the day.

Why isn't this done for all patients who finally get permission to eat after having to have skipped meals?

In hospitals amazing life saving feats of immense complexity happen every hour of every day....they can't keep meals on hand for those who need them?  I don't get it.

Besides, if my man wants to make me chicken alfredo, or minestrone soup, who am I to say no? It would be so unsubmissive!

The hospital where I delivered the small shadows has a dedicated pantry for hungry new moms on the l&d floor. Nothing super fancy, but fruit, yogurt, cereal, sandwiches, and the like. After delivering #2 shadow just a few minutes before midnight, a nurse, who was clearly an angel brought to earth, brought me the most pathetic excuse for a turkey sandwich that I have ever seen in my life. Two slices of slightly smushed Wonder bread with an anemic piece of some vaguely turkey like meat slices in the middle. No condiments. No lettuce or cheese or tomato. And I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if that wasn’t the best damn sandwich I’ve ever eaten. I snarfled that thing down sitting in a chair while they changed my bedsheets and it was a glorious, transcendent moment. It’s possible that I may have growled at anyone who got too close to me, much like a hyena with a zebra haunch. 

1 minute ago, OutoftheShadows said:

The hospital where I delivered the small shadows has a dedicated pantry for hungry new moms on the l&d floor. Nothing super fancy, but fruit, yogurt, cereal, sandwiches, and the like. After delivering #2 shadow just a few minutes before midnight, a nurse, who was clearly an angel brought to earth, brought me the most pathetic excuse for a turkey sandwich that I have ever seen in my life. Two slices of slightly smushed Wonder bread with an anemic piece of some vaguely turkey like meat slices in the middle. No condiments. No lettuce or cheese or tomato. And I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if that wasn’t the best damn sandwich I’ve ever eaten. I snarfled that thing down sitting in a chair while they changed my bedsheets and it was a glorious, transcendent moment. It’s possible that I may have growled at anyone who got too close to me, much like a hyena with a zebra haunch. 

Isn't that funny how wonderful something horrible can taste when you desperately need it?

When I was coming out of anesthesia after surgery once I had terrible cotton mouth and a nurse gave me one of those small cans of 7-Up and helped me sit up enough to drink.  Nothing before or since has ever tasted as wonderful, and I'm not a fan of soda. 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Isn't that funny how wonderful something horrible can taste when you desperately need it?

When I was coming out of anesthesia after surgery once I had terrible cotton mouth and a nurse gave me one of those small cans of 7-Up and helped me sit up enough to drink.  Nothing before or since has ever tasted as wonderful, and I'm not a fan of soda. 

I couldn't eat for almost a day after my c-section, and the moment I got my food tray, I saw that heaven had been delivered to me in the form of chicken broth and tea.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep, I will never forget that sandwich. Yeah, yeah, new baby, precious blessing, miracle of life, whatever...just GIVE. ME. THE. SANDWICH. IMMEDIATELY. AND. BACK. AWAY. SLOWLY. 

I posted this recently (can't recall which thread) but after I had my first via c-section, the first meal that I was served was some inedible crap that happened to be the meal served at Anderson Hospital for those unfortunate souls who did not pick out their meal.  It was really badly cooked pork chops, turnip greens and either white rice with no gravy or mashed potatoes.  I talked to my sister who'd had a baby at the same hospital 2 weeks earlier and she was served the same crap.  She couldn't eat her dinner either.

My friends brought me a Mars Bar when I hadn't eaten in days prior to my appendectomy. I don't think I chewed. It was the best Mars bar in the history of Mars bars.

Their headboard is intense! For some reason I'm comparing it to the fancy Catholic Churches. Catholics have elaborate art as an homage to the Lord. Fundies have a bed. :brainbleach:

My second kid came so damn fast in the middle of the night that I wasn’t that hungry after. I had eaten a snack before going to bed and had him after 4am so I was pretty good. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived