IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea,  when I first read your post,  I thought that Dodai was Doodah.  Dodie is a possibility, but I think it's usually a nickname for Dorothy.

I knew a Demaris years ago in Sunbeams.  She pronounced Demaris with the accent on the second syllable 9de-MARE-is) as does Demaris Phillips, the winner of Season Nine of food Network Star and the star of Southern at Heart.

I also know a Demaris that pronounces it like that. I think that would be a good one for a Waller. At least it wouldn’t be yet another Sarah, Rebecca, or Anna in the fundie world. 

Andrew was one of the Apostles, though the name itself is Greek. It really does mean manly.

Philip was also an Apostle and the name is also Greek. It means lover of horses.

Hmm... Danielle was my original prediction, and if they go with Sue for a middle name, Daniella. Deborah is also a contender. Debbie Sue? Kinda dated, but it has a good sound.

I also think Danielle/a is a contender because it derives from a biblical name (Daniel). Yes, Pris has a brother Daniel that is no longer fundie and divorced, but I can’t see that stopping them. They still welcome Daniel and Brighton into their home so it seems there isn’t any bad blood. 

I also think Donna is a contender after grandpa Don Blom who recently died. 

Then there are the Biblical female names like Damaris, Deborah, and Dinah. 

Then there are the non biblical names that are just cute that they might like such as Daisy or Dorothy.

There’s also Destiny, but that doesn’t seem their type. 

On 9/21/2018 at 6:15 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I think it'll be a Fraken-name like Davia's. 

I feel pretty sure of this as well. David is probably lying awake nights trying to come up with a new combination that both honors him and isn't too close to "Davia".

Like Dalidia.   Switch the V for an L and then feminize it. 

5 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I feel pretty sure of this as well. David is probably lying awake nights trying to come up with a new combination that both honors him and isn't too close to "Davia".

Like Dalidia.   Switch the V for an L and then feminize it. 

Davidia would remind me of the Branch Davidians. Of course named for their leader David Karesh. 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There is also Forces in the New Testament. She did good works and was said to have been raised from the dead by Peter. 

Do you mean Dorcas, @Pecansforeveryone?  The D key is right next to the F key and if your typing is anything like mine that would be an easy mistake to make.  Autocorrect wouldn't help either.  

Dorcas (or Tabitha) was known as a woman "full of good works and alms deeds".   The library in Prospect Harbor, Maine is the Dorcas Library after the Dorcas Society which was/is a group of loberstermen's wives that got together one afternoon a week  to sew, quilt, knit, and so on to help their poorer neighbors.  These Dorcas Society women were full of good works and almsdeeds.  They always met at the library and the same group of women met another afternoon to do the same thing, but they didn't call themselves the Dorcases.  

56 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Do you mean Dorcas, @Pecansforeveryone?  The D key is right next to the F key and if your typing is anything like mine that would be an easy mistake to make.  Autocorrect wouldn't help either.  

Dorcas (or Tabitha) was known as a woman "full of good works and alms deeds".   The library in Prospect Harbor, Maine is the Dorcas Library after the Dorcas Society which was/is a group of loberstermen's wives that got together one afternoon a week  to sew, quilt, knit, and so on to help their poorer neighbors.  These Dorcas Society women were full of good works and almsdeeds.  They always met at the library and the same group of women met another afternoon to do the same thing, but they didn't call themselves the Dorcases.  

Poor girl, that would be quite a name. Since she wouldn't go to public school, they wouldn't have to worry about her being called Dork.

I hope they call her Deborah.
And I guess any variant of Sue as a middle name, after both grandmothers.

Yesterday, I woke up and the name Dolores came to my mind. I really hope, they don't go for it as it's such a heavy (painfull ?) name for a child. But I think it is too catholic for them.

(Davilla would also be a good choice ? ).

I think I was born in the wrong era because Debbie Sue sound adorable for a baby. But so does Daisy Sue. I’ll be disappointed if they pick some weird made up name that isn’t as cute as Debbie Sue. 

I previously predicted Danielle Sue but I'd also predict another Dan- name like Danica or Danae.

Dakota, Destiny or Delta are also possibilities - I can totally see them being more creative for girls' names but going trad for all boys' names. It's not that unusual in fundie land.

I'll also throw my hat in for them breaking the D & P name thing altogether, or going for a P name for a girl. They'll probably have more kids after this so she won't be the odd one out. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived