IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, did any of you guess that name? I had guess stuff like Daisy, Dorothy, Dina, Dahlia, so I'm surprised by the choice.

I wonder if she'll go by the nickname Desi.

I've just realized that Priscilla strongly resembles Marta Morton (Russell).

I actually read the blog post and have to say I'm seriously impressed that Priscilla had a lasagne dinner after giving birth.  I've known lots of women who left the hospital right after giving birth and were fine, but I don't think any of them had lasagne for dinner.

Also, God needs to gift David a thesaurus so he can be something synonymous with blessed.

Re Agape's age, I think it's likely  David just doesn't know how old she is. 

4 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I actually read the blog post and have to say I'm seriously impressed that Priscilla had a lasagne dinner after giving birth.  I've known lots of women who left the hospital right after giving birth and were fine, but I don't think any of them had lasagne for dinner.

I didn't leave the hospital but had a whole pizza about 3 hours after my first was born. Our friends were present at the birth and then they left for dinner shortly after she was born. They came back with pizza once we were settled into our room. I was so, so hungry and the cafeteria was closed at the hospital so I would have had to wait until the morning. It was the best pizza ever. 

I guess it depends on how the individual feels. 

Interesting how the boys have such normal biblical names and the girls don’t. However Faith is just so obvious!! I wonder how many of our fundie kids have it as a middle name? Johannah Duggar and Bethany Maxwell are two I can think of right now.

Color me surprised over the name choice, which actually is kind of cute.  I really thought they'd go for Danielle, but we all know there will probably be another girl or four  in the next decade.  Glad they didn't muck it up with any creative spelling.

This proves again how little education the Pecans have. The concept of destiny/fate is antithetical to their own beliefs. If they had studied any literature at all within fundamentalist Christianity, they would have been treated to many a lecture on this topic. (Ask me how I know.) If they'd studied it at a secular institution, they may have figured it out themselves. I'm embarrassed for them that they have so little knowledge about history, literature, and even their own faith.

It's Marcus Anthony and Henry Wilberforce all over again, only much more obviously ignorant. 

Oof. 

58 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I guess it depends on how the individual feels. 

Interesting how the boys have such normal biblical names and the girls don’t. However Faith is just so obvious!! I wonder how many of our fundie kids have it as a middle name? Johannah Duggar and Bethany Maxwell are two I can think of right now.

So many! I’m not a keeper of the lists but I swear there are so many fundies with Faith as a first or middle name. But hey, at least Destiny is less common. 

And boy is that a long baby! 22.25 in!

Agape Schrader's middle name is Faith, as is Hannah Rodrigues'. 

Grace is another popular fundie middle name, sometimes appearing multiple times in a family. Jordyn  and Meredith  Duggar, Abbie  Burnette, Katie Bates, Susannah Keller, Elizabeth and Calia Maxwell, Adeline Morton and 3 of her nieces, Marilee Staddon, and sisters Denver and Hannah Grace Corral (and Hannah grace!). And those are just the ones I follow! 

Joy and Hope are pretty popular after that. 

Besides Johannah Faith Duggar and Bethany Faith Maxwell, I found Charity Faith Burnett Weardon, Alecia Faith Pennington, Faith Seewald, Hannah Faith Rodrigues, Agape Faith Schrader, Adalyn Faith Waller, Katherine Faith Botkin.

I think Grace is probably the most common fundie middle name. Joy and Faith might be tied for second place. 

4 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I watched that video and was yelling “stop quoting the bible and support the baby’s head!!!” At my screen. Everytime one of the kids held destiny her little head snapped back 

I was agape (not the cousin) watching the way that poor baby was being handled.  There seemed to be about as much concern for her comfort as when Phillip was photographed screaming in the dump truck.  

So, I can only hope we will be treated to a similar (albeit, more safe) dump truck scenario for little Destiny... if only for my snarking pleasure. What would be the girl equivalent of a dump truck photo shoot?

All this talk about Faith has my mind going to one place: 

5 minutes ago, missy1228 said:

So, I can only hope we will be treated to a similar (albeit, more safe) dump truck scenario for little Destiny... if only for my snarking pleasure. What would be the girl equivalent of a dump truck photo shoot?

I think they will stick her in a hollowed out pumpkin while she screams her head off. 

I wanted to add that I was so damn hungry after having my first. I basically had nothing in my body thanks to being on the toilet every 30 minutes while in labor and then throwing up once right after I gave birth. I had not eaten anything in probably 18 hours and what I did eat was some soup while having some irregular contractions before going to the hospital. So I was starving. It was the middle of the night so the cafeteria wasn’t open. The nurse gave me some peanut butter crackers. That helped but when the cafeteria opened at 6am I was like, “I need to order breakfast NOW.” 

13 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Could they have waited five minutes on the damn bow?  Just five minutes?

No! She has to have a bow to match her outfit! Have you ever seen a pecanette under accessorized?

16 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Could they have waited five minutes on the damn bow?  Just five minutes?

NO. Without a damn bow, how would we know she’s a Future Helpmeet and not a Future Visionary Leader?

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Paul and Phillip vs. Davia and Destiny. The serious biblical boy names and invented, somehow "light" girl names in the same family always get me.

Like the young Staddons: Sauntina, Merilee and Cadence versus... Joshua.

52 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Paul and Phillip vs. Davia and Destiny. The serious biblical boy names and invented, somehow "light" girl names in the same family always get me.

Like the young Staddons: Sauntina, Merilee and Cadence versus... Joshua.

The Duggars are kind of like that. 

Joshua, John, Joseph, James, Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah....

vs. Jinger

On 9/23/2018 at 5:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s also Destiny, but that doesn’t seem their type. 

At least one person guessed Destiny!! Congrats JermajestyDuggar. Your prize: a huge bow meant for infants and FJ debates. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived