IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

On 10/5/2018 at 4:17 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

Whenever threads derail into birth stories I think that high school health classes should just bring moms in to talk about their experiences. Wanna cut down on teen pregnancy rates? Tell them about episiotomies.

Absolutely! In a health class when I was around 8 or 9 we watched an unedited video of a live, natural birth (in a hospital) from the business end. 

I'm now in my 30s, childless and intend to remain so. There are a lot of contributing factors, but that video definitely stayed with me. 

All of you are amazingly strong! 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure this has been discussed I apologize, what is Pricilla and david’s Baby spacing? I thought they were spaced out a bit but seeing the video it sure looked like a whole lotta real little ones! Ha. Spaced out a bit. Sorry. Cracked myself up a bit. Ok.

1 minute ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m sure this has been discussed I apologize, what is Pricilla and david’s Baby spacing? I thought they were spaced out a bit but seeing the video it sure looked like a whole lotta real little ones! Ha. Spaced out a bit. Sorry. Cracked myself up a bit. Ok.

I think it's about two years. @Bethella could give an exact amount of months,

On 10/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

By the way, this same hospital was the first in the area with all private rooms and 100+ channels of cable TV plus wifi in each patient room. It makes being in the hospital suck a little less.

Thankfully I've only been hospitalized one time so far. I was in for 4 days & had a private room the whole time & that honestly thrilled me to no end!! I'm a very private person & I hate forced small talk so that was probably the biggest perk for me!!! Definitely made all the difference in the world!

With my first, I spent the first night in a ward before being moved to a semi=private room.  The ward really sucked and not only because there was another mom in the ward that smoked.  She must have had an epidural or spinal because my throat  was parched from intubation.  (This was 1980 and yep, they allowed smoking in patient rooms at the hospital.)   When I was moved to a semi-private, the beds were not electric.  My roomie showed me how to roll the bed up and down with my foot.  They were also doing construction right outside my window.  That will cure you of any ounce of modesty you have.  (As Scarlett O'Hara said "Thank goodness, I'm not that modest!)   IWith my second baby in 1983, I had a semi-private following the section, but did at least have an electric hospital bed.  My ped's nurse worked weekends in postpartum at the hospital.  I was washing my hair at the sink when she came in the next morning.  Babies 3 -5, I had private rooms with baby 5 being an LDRP room.  The baby never had to leave my side. 

52 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think it's about two years. @Bethella could give an exact amount of months,

Paul to Davia- 20 months 

Davia to Phillip- 23 months 

Phillip to Destiny- 23.5 months 

16 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Paul to Davia- 20 months 

Davia to Phillip- 23 months 

Phillip to Destiny- 23.5 months 

Sigh... I thought they were closer to 2.5-3 years. I mean they seem to be one of the happier and provided for families so I guess it’s their business but I just feel for these women and the drain on their bodies and then the subsequent ongoing work of all those littles at once. 

David Waller is also very snark-worthy but really squicks me out at the same time. I think it's knowing that he was mentored by Bill Gothard. I am not accusing David of predatory behaviour. I am leaning towards he may value power, prestige, and image above all else. 

56 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Sigh... I thought they were closer to 2.5-3 years. I mean they seem to be one of the happier and provided for families so I guess it’s their business but I just feel for these women and the drain on their bodies and then the subsequent ongoing work of all those littles at once. 

Anna Keller Duggar and Pris Keller Waller have very similar baby spacing. But Pris married later than Anna so she’s behind her. Since Pris married at an older age than Anna, it’s pretty likely she will have less children than Anna. I would guess 2 less overall. I can see Pris having 7-8 kids and Anna having 9-10.

Mack to Mike: 20 months

Mike to Marc: 23.5 months

Marc to Meri: 25.5 months

Meri to Mase: 26 months

I’m guessing Anna’s next blessing will be born some time between October and December of 2019.

Pris’s next blessing will be a boy named Peter and he will be born between November and December of 2020.

43 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

David Waller is also very snark-worthy but really squicks me out at the same time. I think it's knowing that he was mentored by Bill Gothard. I am not accusing David of predatory behaviour. I am leaning towards he may value power, prestige, and image above all else. 

I think the factor with David that makes people uncomfortable is that he's never fully honest.  He's always putting on a show, projecting an image, or whatever of a perfect fundie patriarch.  Which no one ACTUALLY is, so we know he isn't.  And the fact that he is never completely honest, never genuine, and always concealing something is going to make most people view him with caution.  

He's false, he's slippery, he's not to be trusted or believed because everything he says he is, everything he pretends to be, etc. is all an illusion on some level.  

Pris, at least, does have moments of genuine vulnerability and honestly.  

Furthermore Anna and Pris both didn’t have their first baby until shortly after their first anniversary. Anna’s was slightly sooner than Pris by a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mack to Mike: 20 months

Mike to Marc: 23.5 months

Marc to Meri: 25.5 months

Meri to Mase: 26 months

I’m guessing Anna’s next blessing will be born some time between October and December of 2019.

Pris’s next blessing will be a boy named Peter and he will be born between November and December of 2020.

I don't keep up with the Duggars much, but I second your guess that Pecan and Pris's next boy will be named Peter. They don't have a lot to choose from though in general. Phineas, Philemon, not sure anything else that's used. May have to do into non-Biblical P names in the future if have more than 3 more boys. Since they aren't going really Biblical with the girls names, there's a lot of acceptable girl names that start with a D. 

20 hours ago, Lotsofdots said:

We learnt about episiotomies, tearing, pooping and watched videos of women giving birth with some real close ups of the business end in high school. I can still remember 20 years on. 

There were no student pregnancies :) While I am child free by choice it had nothing to do with being scared by the sex education classes ?

My idea works!! They should include this in health class curriculums across the country! 

Random but I find it interesting that they’re giving the boys the common Biblical names and the girls pretty, unique names. I wonder if Priscilla is given the decision to name her daughters and David is the one deciding the names of the sons? I can see Priscilla going with pretty unique names and David being boring and traditional. They’ve could’ve gone with Damaris and Deborah if they wanted Biblical names for the girls but are choosing very different, yet beautiful ones instead.

If that’s the case, count on all P names from the Bible and anything unique, flowery or faith-meaning, and memorable with D for girls. I want to predict future name guesses. I can see them choosing D names that have ties to meanings of faith, like Destiny.

Peter might be the last common Biblical boy name but I can see David also picking Patrick. However, some fundies might avoid it since many Catholics choose it because of St. Patrick.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@luv2laugh,  I can't think of any other Biblical "P" names for boys that they haven't used but Philemon. 

Maybe they'll get honest about who they are and go with Pharisee.

There aren't even that many non biblical P names either. After Peter, Patrick is a good bet for them but they may find it too Catholic. After that, where do they go? Percy, parker, perry? Pierre? Phred?

they better hope they don't have too many more boys.

googled: parker, pearce, payton, presley, prosper, powell, porter, prescott...looks like a lot of last names for first names. then there were some real doozies: parka, pi, pike, pilot, pluto, priest, press, pirate, pink, power and prime. please don't use these davey. just...don't

boy P names, non-Biblical, off the top of my head that I've heard before are Preston, Parker (heard some girls being named Parker though I've primarily heard it used for males), Porter, Prescott, Payton/Peyton (gender neutral name so not sure they'd use), Paxton, Pierce, Piers, Patrick, Princeton (yes, really). The only Pilot I've heard is that famous dude who named his son Pilot Inspektor and yes, spelled it with a k. 

D girl names are easier. There's still the more Biblical names of Deborah, Dinah, Danielle/Daniella, Dorcas to consider. Delilah is also Biblical, but I highly doubt they'll use for obvious reasons. Non-Biblical, but still nice and would likely be acceptable could be Daisy, Dawn, Deidre/Deidra, Diane/Diana (but probably too worldly if they about mythology), Desiree, Denise, Daphne, Donna (after Madonna, Mary, the mother of Jesus, but maybe that's too Catholic?), Darlene, Darla, Davina is still a possibility, Darrah/Dara, Danna/Dana, Danya, Dahlia, Deona, Devora, Dominica, Donella or Donielle, Dora, Darcy or could go all Shakespeare and name her Desdemona. 

I can't recall the Pecan's middle names, will have to do some searching. But I'd venture to guess if next is a boy, Peter and if a girl something like Darlene or Darla because children are darling or Desiree because she'll desire for god or something. Danielle/Daniella is still possible. 

Do we know that they are going P for boys, D for girls rather than just alternating and they just happened to fall into boy/girl so far?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived