IGNORED

Mommy Blogger Admits She Didn't Know People Died on 9/11

ViolaSebastian

On 9/19/2018 at 4:25 PM, cindyluvs24 said:

I'm still trying to process her statement that she, as an 18 year-old, did not realize the buildings were full of people.   I can't even begin to wonder what else she realized in the subsequent years.

She reminds me of the director in the original The Producers:  "We'll have to take out the entire third act.  They're losing the war!"

I remember having to point out to my friends that the towers were full of people. But that was within minutes of us listening to the towers collapse live on the radio in French class. I burst into tears and my friends didn't get why at first. I had to point out there wasn't enough time for people to leave.

If I hadn't said it then and there, though, they would have gotten it by the end of the day, as nearly every class in our high school had either a TV or radio on all day. Then they definitely would have gotten when we had the moment of silence the next day for all the dead. 

There was no way to miss what happened unless you just did not care. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I remember having to point out to my friends that the towers were full of people. But that was within minutes of us listening to the towers collapse live on the radio in French class. I burst into tears and my friends didn't get why at first. I had to point out there wasn't enough time for people to leave.

If I hadn't said it then and there, though, they would have gotten it by the end of the day, as nearly every class in our high school had either a TV or radio on all day. Then they definitely would have gotten when we had the moment of silence the next day for all the dead. 

There was no way to miss what happened unless you just did not care. 

I was standing in another teacher's classroom watching on television with my 16-17 year old students. One girl turned around and frantically said to me "but the people all got out, right? There's no one in there, right?". I truly hated telling her no. But lying would have left her growing up to be this woman. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only visible deaths that day were the people falling to the ground. That were captured by videos and photos. Still, the news quickly reported that the loss of life was over 1,000. The number was on the news multiple times a day.

I was applying for colleges that year. One college I applied to (a women’s college) had a student related to osama bin laden (his extended family is huge and most of them did not support his crimes) She was reciving death threats multiple times a day. She was provided with security from local law enforcement and the school. In the end, she moved back to Saudi Arabia before the semester was finished because of the stress and fear for her safety. 

The other thing that gets me is - how did she miss the days afterwards? The wall-to-wall footage of families trying to find loved ones who had gone to work in the towers, or at the station? The posters, the notes everywhere? I was on the other side of the damn planet and I had to switch the TV off and go for a walk because I was so upset by the parents, the children, the friends, the relatives, holding photos and desperately searching for hope. 

I know, I know - she's a vapid attention-seeking bullshit artist who allegedly failed to register anything outsude her own tiny bubble.

I'm just piling on at this point, but that. is. nuts. I was in freakin' middle school, nowhere near NYC, and yet my most vivid memories of that time are of the all-encompassing news coverage, the vigils and fundraisers, the conversations that I heard from adults and even other kids everywhere I went. Our priest talked about it during Mass. Some kids at my school made flag pins to sell and raise money for the families. The day of, after school, my mom had me run over to the gas station down the street to see what the price was, because she heard people were getting gouged, and there was a huge line. My parents didn't go out of their way to talk to me about politics but my dad was still in the military at the time so there was an obvious sense that it could affect us personally. And besides they watched the news, subscribed to magazines, talked on the phone in my earshot. 

It was the first time in my life where I felt like I had any real sense of what was going on in the wider world and I just couldn't escape it. I was twelve. How in god's name do you make it to 18 without having even that basic kind of exposure to world events?

We were talking about this recently - my son was 4.5 years old at the time and has clear memories of seeing it on tv and being scared and worried. 

• 1 month later...

She made an Instragram post wishing her son, Weston happy birthday and then went on to say how he gets the least likes on instagram compared to her other kids. She then goes on to say how she is worried about his self esteem due to this, no one would have noticed until she pointed it out, who compares how many likes their kids get on social media.

That's this chick? Damn! I was reading about this on another forum and didn't connect the two. She really is nuts. 

51 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's this chick? Damn! I was reading about this on another forum and didn't connect the two. She really is nuts. 

She has archived the post now but it was her.

Archived