IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

As much as I hate to admit it, the video is good.   I wonder if they would have been as happy knowing what a creep he is...excuse me but I need to go vomit.

How do you even screen a videographer for that, though?
“Your resume looks good, we like the samples, price is reasonable, ugh, I know I’m forgetting something......
Right! Were you ever the leader of an incredibly destructive fundamentalist quasi-cult that encouraged a bizarre fetish for 1950s-style masculine stereotypes? No? Great.”

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, bea said:

How do you even screen a videographer for that, though?

Don't hipsters google stuff or is it just us olds who would think to look online before hiring someone?

I mean, I am in my mid-30s and have the foresight to Google stuff/people I may or may not work with/deal with. But that's a good point about his name. I am sure many of these Hipsters know nothing about what VF was and even if they did, they'd think "well there's no way someone with that mindset would do this type of work, so it can't be the same guy!"

I mean there are things we can do to make it easier to find the Doug Phillips New York Durango Cinematographer Wedding Videographer Burlesque Photographer DW cinematographer  Cinema of wonder cinematography owner producer director voice over Performer sexually assaulted his nanny after organizing a patriarchal cult that demonized LGBTQ+ people, was built on the back of women staying in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant (like literally in some cases) and convinced the family of his victim to allow her to live and travel with his family as a nanny while he groomed her and eventually assaulted her and was caught climbing into her bedroom window by her family members.  

L was brave in what she did.  This is before the #churchtoo hashtag and i suspect it was brutal in her faith community of people who blamed her as much as Doug Phillips photography in Durango and NYC.  I thought of what little I knew of her a lot when I was going through my years of hell and used the resilience and bravery she demonstrated to motivate and inspire myself to just keep going  and try to make it a better life for me.

Doug needs to earn money, and I don’t begrudge him that.  But he has many options of private, average adequate jobs he could hold and work on his heart and soul.  Instead Doug W Phillips voice actor is doing the same thing he did in his cult, just with a more permissive worldview so he can have fun.

I’m just saying, there are things we can do to help.

https://www.cinemaofwonder.com/

https://www.cinemaofwonder.com/

I clicked on one of the Cinema of Wonder videos (climbers on red rock) and got this message:

Sorry: Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

So you can't see his work on his public facing web site?  I'm confused.  I do want to watch this particular one; if anybody knows how to access it lemme know.  

The irony, of course, is that his level of skill would be adequate to make Christian themed ads, trailers, videos, short films and perhaps schlocky/sappy/corny feature length films and he might be somewhat successful at it.  BUT,  he didn't even faux repent and then went and filmed muscular, scantily clad people and gushed about them, so the door to anything Christian is firmly closed. 

I'm sure he's working hard on scamming some group, but really, there's slim pickings out there.  Cinema of Wedding Wonder might be his full-time gig. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Cinema of Wedding Wonder might be his full-time gig. 

Speaking of irony: one of the very few professional things "good" women were allowed to do under his patriarchal reign. 

google searching for cinemaofwonder.com gives me results Doug Phillips would want people to see (including Hannah Snow's website) and this page gets linked on page two, which is probably more likely for me than for non-FJ users.

Oh, but in incognito mode it's the same, so maybe we really are on page two of google results.  Though not many people look that far.

FJ doesn't show up in even three pages of duck duck go search for cinemaofwonder.com but that's partly because half the results are related to the Wonder Woman films (or just Wonder) because it's not so good at getting the right context as google.

If I use an incognito window and put "Cinema of wonder" in quotation marks like that his website is the first hit and FJ is the second. How neutral is the search on the incognito tab? 

13 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

If I use an incognito window and put "Cinema of wonder" in quotation marks like that his website is the first hit and FJ is the second. How neutral is the search on the incognito tab? 

Me too, I hadn't used the quotation marks the first time.

Sweet!

Hey Be-all - when you bilk people out of money by selling them a shitty bill of goods (read our books, buy our crap and attend our seminars = God will bless you, your life will be sunshine and roses), live the high life with said money, and blame the victim when your RAPIST HUSBAND (who should be wearing an orange jumpsuit) is the culprit, you deserve to be shamed.

Fuck off.

There are few things worse than cruelty and shaming, and few things better than understanding and compassion. 

Beall? I haven't been reading about your family for that long, but it's too bad you didn't (and still haven't as far as I know) show any compassion for the young woman your husband groomed and abused. IIRC, you cruelly shamed her. Golden rule and all that. Log, mote.

Hypocrite. 

Hi Beall -- you don't fool us, shout-out or not.

And guess what? Neither you nor your erstwhile husband, Doug Phillips, fooled us back in the heyday of VFI/VFM. 

With your failure to acknowledge and publicly REPENT for the evil the two of you did to others, especially women and minor children, and your continued blaming of the victim of Doug's sexual predation, you look even worse than you did years ago, if that's possible. You are certainly no Christian unless "unbelievers" like me are supposed to understand that to be a Christian really means being free to lie, use and abuse other people, and generally be a terrible human being. 

Since you claim to be all about thinking and planning for a glorious old age, please meditate on the above points for a while. When I see you issue an open apology to all who were hurt and damaged by the cult you pushed, I will believe that you are really trying for the maturity you say you're pursuing.

25 minutes ago, Howl said:

I can no longer access Beall's instagram.  Is it closed?

Yeah, it's been like 4 or 5 days now, but I have no idea if gone or if she's just hiding it or what. 

I can still see the countingupfrom50 Instagram - I didn't know Beall had two accounts.

She's done a complete overhaul and is restarting her hustle, spinning plates and wondering if she's gone completely crazy. 

Oh, the drama.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I can no longer access Beall's instagram.  Is it closed?

She changed her public IG handle from E.B.P. to countingupfrom50. It took me a minute to find it, too.

She's certainly no less full of herself...(I've bolded a couple of things I found telling):

Recap of highlights from my 50th year: •Bought a pair of heels for the first time in 30 years. •Visited the White House (not because of Trump). •Saw my first born and his darling wife marry, expect a baby, and move across the world. •Became a mother in law and grandmother to be. •Renewed my love of camping. Time with kids around the campfire, John Denver style, sans the weed. •Celebrated 26 years of marriage. •Embraced a form of “vanlife” traveling thousands of miles in my 2009 Chrysler Town and Country van. •Went back to eating Keto, lost 25 pounds. •Watched two kids spend the year in serious relationships with really wonderful people, making all of us the richer and better. •Started a non profit with my daughter. •Laid to rest about 10 dear friends. •Rediscovered old music faves I’d lost for 20 some years. •Had my first job interview in 30 years. Worked for a company I didn’t co-run for the first time in 30 years. •Completed our downsize which started at about 7000 square feet a few years ago, ended up at 1100 square feet at present, and in between, furnished (and lived in) a 3 bedroom rental for $450 with free and thrifted items only (bucket list dream). •Went from brunette to platinum. •Restarted my blog and twitter and LinkedIn account. 

Other than "Celebrated 26 years of marriage," no mention of Doug. Just lots of me me me, and chaos.

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Just lots of me me me, and chaos.

And frequent use of #happily married and #marriedlife. Still not fooling us, Beall. 

RE: taxes. If they're filing jointly, looks like paying them is all Beall's responsibility.

Could be that they have an agreement that Beall needed to go quiet about Doug on social media and Doug has gone essentially quiet as well because of people rooting around in Doug's past. 

Who knows what they share on private accounts. 

7 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Rediscovered old music faves I’d lost for 20 some years.

...because I was in a cult. 

Hmm, I'm trying to imagine who those "musical faves" might be. Debbie Gibson? Amy Grant? Stryper? 

On 10/13/2018 at 1:38 PM, hoipolloi said:

And frequent use of #happily married and #marriedlife. Still not fooling us, Beall. 

RE: taxes. If they're filing jointly, looks like paying them is all Beall's responsibility.

Eh, my husband and I are very happily married, yet taking care of taxes and paperwork is pretty much entirely on me. Not because he is unwilling or lazy, but because he doesn't pay attention and I do. But sheesh, those hashtags. I'm 57 and I don't think I've referenced my age as many times since turning 50 as she does in one post.

I’ve been married 20 years and it’s never occurred to me to use “#happilymarried” in any social media post. Or #ilovemyhusband or whatever the hell she’s using.
I mean, fab, Beall. You are totally happily married and love your husband and we can all tell. Where IS he, anyway?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived