IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

On 3/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, DomWackTroll said:

So, according this post it seems that Jubilee is attending college in Sanford, Florida. 

Can anyone refresh me on which Phillips daughter was taking some kind of (community?) college coursework in Durango? 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone confirm where Doug actually lives and if he's living separately from Beall and fam in San Antonio?  Has Doug abandoned all of his social media accounts? 

I just checked with googlemaps.com.  Sanford, FL is a 15-minute drive from the campus for Reformation Bible College and Ligonier Ministries, so it's a sure bet she's going to Reformation Bible College, like her brother, and not some godless, heathen-riddled, demon-infested atheistic shorts-wearing public college campus.  

2 hours ago, Howl said:

To clarify, the retired school teachers in my extended family were not teaching in SAISD. 

Teacher salaries are abysmally low in Texas -- it's truly grim.  The Texas legislature is currently in session and they are trying to pass a $5,000 annual salary increase across the board for teachers, but left out school librarians, who have to have a master's degree as part of their certification.  That may be corrected soon, I hope. 

Agree completely about Texas teacher salaries but as bad as they are, they are better than those in Oklahoma. My husband is a retiree from the SAISD and my son is teaching in Oklahoma.

I wasn't assuming that your family members were in the SAISD. It's just that I have always understood that Texas school districts that paid into SS and allowed their retirees to collect from it as well as from TRS were in the clear minority. If you know for a fact that your relatives can collect both, that's great. That's how it should be. But if you're making an assumption, I am not so sure that is a safe one to make. 

Here is a list of Texas districts and other educational employers that pay into Social Security and as you noted, many Texas universities are on that list so I stand corrected on that point. Also my statement that in San Antonio, only the SAISD contributes, was incorrect. Two military districts also contribute (Lackland and Randolph Field).  https://www.atpe.org/en/Advocacy/Issues/Texas-Public-School-Districts-That-Participate-in

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

Can anyone confirm where Doug  lives and if he's living separately from Beall and fam in San Antonio? 

Which daughter was taking college classes while living in Durango?  Was it Jubilee?

I just checked with googlemaps.com.  Sanford, FL is a 15-minute drive from the campus for Reformation Bible College and Ligonier Ministries, so it's a sure bet she's going to Reformation Bible College, like her brother, and not some godless, heathen-riddled, demon-infested atheistic shorts-wearing public college campus.  

Re: Doug

It's never been confirmed, but there are at least two cases of Beall leaving for San Antonio when Doug would have been in Durango to film wedding videos. Could be coincidence, but it's funny timing.

Re: Classes in Durango

I think it was Faith who mentioned that on her IG, but it's possible Jubilee was taking classes somewhere as well. Jubilee's IG is private, but her twitter is public.

Re: Sanford, FL

Jubilee is definitely going to the School O' Sproul, JTits confirmed last fall. It's somewhere in the old thread.

Ahh, here it is:

https://twitter.com/JTitusP/status/1040953984297652225?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

28 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Jubilee is definitely going to the School O' Sproul, JTits confirmed last fall.

This made me laugh! However, it got her brother into grad school abroad, so perhaps it can be a stepping stone for Jublilee + husband shopping possibilities. 

Thanks, @VVV.  That's an amazing list, because the school districts that do pay into SS are simply a random scattering flung across all parts of Texas and my relatives did not work in a district on that list, although the adjacent district IS on the list.  However, they do have extensive work histories before teaching, so likely they drew on that for SS. 

The one that caught my eye was Iraan-Sheffield.  It's way the heck out in West Texas and has a total of about 529 students enrolled for the 2018-2019 school year. I'm passingly familiar with it because I did some projects out there in the 1970s, before there was an Interstate highway passing through. 

Some stats are interesting.  The student-teacher ratio for all grades is 11 to 1 and they have a 90% graduation rate.  They spend much more per student than many other school districts.  The only thing going on out there, as far as I know, is ranching and oil and gas, although they may be getting into the wind farm bidness.  There is no close-by small city or any city and the closest Walmart is 55 miles away. 

Back to our regular programming! 

19 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Jubilee is definitely going to the School O' Sproul, JTits confirmed last fall. It's somewhere in the old thread.

Well, drat.  For a second there I thought she had more spunk than that.  

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Well, drat.  For a second there I thought she had more spunk than that.  

Well, RELATIVELY speaking, it's high on the spunk/aspiration scale for a young woman in that (formerly) SAHD family.

And perhaps the ONLY college option for her if she wants to stay in the family orbit, or maybe the family connection gives her a tuition break? Somebody's got to be picking up the bill for tuition/dorm/books.  I wonder if part of Beall working is to help cover those costs?  

I'm still gobsmacked that Beall is cleaning houses and admitting to it.  Don't get me wrong, it's honest work and that is to be respected.  But, daaaaayum, it's a big change from a stay at home wife under the thumb of her headship to well, being out in the world working.

I'm gonna guess they attend a large local fundy, non Family Integrated Church*, so probably her clients are from that pool of people.  That's the kind of church they attended in Durango, I think.  IIRC,  they attended the River Church in Durango, CO. 

A church that has (GASP) a YOUTH MINISTRY!   Y'all who have been following this fam since the Boerne Christian Assembly/Family Integrated Church  days remember how heretical this is.  We can recall that after The Fall and during the Lourdes lawsuit, the Phillipses hied off to Austin and joined a large mainstream Baptist church (Hyde Park Baptist) in Austin. 

Yet again, my call for these families to come clean about the changes in their lives, from the patriarchy/headship/courtship, purity, denim skirts/frumper mafia blogging relentlessly  how holy it was to be SAHW/SAHD/homeschool only, yada yada yada,  to being more regular church people.  A true accounting of what prompted the changes in belief and how they navigated those changes would be simply fascinating. 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:26 AM, Botkinetti said:

If Beall is actually not filling for a legal separation or divorce due to a long term plan to protect herself I would really love to see a picture of Doug’s face when he realizes that his “submissive “ wife got one over on him.

I realize Beall is complicit and should be held to account for the damage she did but I would still like to see Doug get screwed over. 

If karma’s on the ball at all, they’ll BOTH get a heckuva smack. 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:01 PM, Maxwell said:

CinemaofWonder  is back on-line!

Doug does have a nice touch with photography.  However, the web site itself is not beautiful or professional looking. 

I peeked in on Lisa Pennington this week.  They are still putting things back together from a house fire a year ago.  Anyway, for all Lisa's faults, she does have a visually appealing contemporary web site that is easy to navigate, that also reflects her personal style, with chatty blog posts for her followers.  I'm not on Instagram, but that's a perfect fit for Lisa. 

Doug's web site shows a sample of his stuff and that's it. I also hate, hate hate black backgrounds.  That web site isn't a good look for a supposedly dynamic cinematographer. 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:04 AM, nausicaa said:

However, doing this weird separation thing may help her financially in the long run. My parents (not religious, just weird and take no initiative) have lived apart for twenty years with no actual divorce. My mom didn't even get a legal separation. Now that it's time to collect Social Security, my mom is set, despite only working here and there at low-paying jobs over the years, because on paper she has been married to my dad for 40+ years. If she chose to divorce him now, she would also get even more because of it. So this may actually help Beall.

A friend of mine did the weird separation thing and benefited from it.  She was divorced from husband no. 1 for years when she separated from husband no. 2.   She moved away and did not file for legal separation / divorce.  She had her reasons but simply just up and moved to another part of the country.  Fast forward several years, she has taken early Social Security when one month the amount was bumped up.  That's when she learns that husband no. 2 had died, there was no contact between them.  Because they were still legally married and she his widow, she could collect.   And then, because husband no. 1 died a very wealthy man years before husband no. 2 , she had the option to collect based on her first husband's income which was a lot higher than husband no. 2.  Pretty good for someone who was a SAHM then worked a number of clerical jobs, who left husband no. 2 completely broke, with no assets.  She got a sizeable sum of money but not going through expense and hassle of legal separation and divorce which would have left her in a financial hole.   She was actually financially ahead but she had to wait for it. 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:04 AM, nausicaa said:

For her emotional well-being, yeah, she should divorce him. And if he isn't financially contributing to his minor children, that is bullshit and he needs to be made to step up.

However, doing this weird separation thing may help her financially in the long run. My parents (not religious, just weird and take no initiative) have lived apart for twenty years with no actual divorce. My mom didn't even get a legal separation. Now that it's time to collect Social Security, my mom is set, despite only working here and there at low-paying jobs over the years, because on paper she has been married to my dad for 40+ years. If she chose to divorce him now, she would also get even more because of it. So this may actually help Beall.

More importantly, this may really screw over Dougo. ?

But that only applies if he’s paid into SS over the years. Maybe that’s not an issue? Maybe he was faithful to render unto Caesar that which was Caesar’s?

3 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

How could she collect on an ex-husband? I thought it could only be collected on one you were currently married to.

No! It’s really cool! I sat through a retirement planning workshop, and while I’m no longer clear on all the details, one thing that stuck out is that you can collect on an ex-spouse’s SS benefits. I don’t remember all the parameters (length of marriage, maybe?), but I do remember it was possible even if the couple had been divorced for years.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/story?id=7727275&page=1

(details about divorce and benefits in linked article)

3 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

How could she collect on an ex-husband? I thought it could only be collected on one you were currently married to.

A woman can collect from an ex, if the marriage lasted over 10 years.  There are other requirements such as being 62 or over, single, and if her benefit from her own work would be less.   All which was true in her case.   

So once widowed from husband no. 2, she could collect. 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Maybe he was faithful to render unto Caesar that which was Caesar’s?

Maybe. OTOH, it's a certainty that he was faithful to render unto Dougie all that could be taken by Dougie.

Oh...happy blue nails...I thought it said happy blue b.....s

16 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

A woman can collect from an ex, if the marriage lasted over 10 years.  There are other requirements such as being 62 or over, single, and if her benefit from her own work would be less.   All which was true in her case.   

So once widowed from husband no. 2, she could collect. 

When I applied for Social Security at age 66, I was told that I had three options:

1) Collect solely on my own earnings, as if I’d always been single,

2) Collect solely on Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2’s earnings, as we had been married more than 10 years,

3) Collect on my ex’s earnings (his payout was $400/month less than mine was) until I turned 70, then start collecting on my own earnings, with the Social Security increase I’d be eligible for at 70.

I chose the first option, as passing up $400 a month for four years would have made my budget too tight in the short term, and I don’t want to draw from my retirement fund until it’s absolutely necessary.

5 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I looked at the 'new blog' (2017 :P on CinemaOfWonder and...

https://www.cinemaofwonder.com/new-blog/2017/10/27/goodbye-my-love

this might mean something if written by someone other than DPiaT, but coming from him it's bizarre, twisted, and awful.

"And what is true for world wars is also true for people in the midst of divorce, death, and every form of personal tragedy. If you have been dead, you want to believe it is possible to feel alive again."

The ol' "I just needed to feel alive!" b.s. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived