IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

@bea thanks for the pics. I can no longer see Faith's public "sewingtreble" IG account - I've no idea why, I've never had an online interaction with her.

Maybe Daddy Dearest monitors her IG account?  Are you blocked from his account?  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Maybe Daddy Dearest monitors her IG account?  Are you blocked from his account?  

Yep, I bet you're right. I'm blocked from some of DPIART's Facebook accounts - Doug Phillips, Phil Douglas, whatever the hell else he's calling himself these days. I can still see his "DW Cinematographer" FB, and his NYC_cinematographer on IG. 

Beall’s rapturous quote of one of her favorite  Poets immediately brought to mind one of my own:

”I’d rather flunk my Wasserman Test / Than read a poem by Edgar A. Guest.” 

— Dorothy Parker

??

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

”I’d rather flunk my Wasserman Test / Than read a poem by Edgar A. Guest.” 

— Dorothy Parker

Cackling out loud here.

Of course, old VF snarkers will recall that Edgar A. Guest was one of Dougie's favorite poets, right up there with Rudyard Kipling.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Yep, I bet you're right. I'm blocked from some of DPIART's Facebook accounts - Doug Phillips, Phil Douglas, whatever the hell else he's calling himself these days. I can still see his "DW Cinematographer" FB, and his NYC_cinematographer on IG. 

It's only a guess, but given his creepiness, it would not surprise me if he has access to her account.

I find it amusing... several months back I requested to Follow his NYC_cinematographer account and he blocked me - it's the only request I've every made to any of his accounts.  So now to see the public photos on his private account I have to log out of IG.  Not sure what the block accomplished other than a small hassle for me.  Also not sure why the block in the 1st place as I've never had any interaction with him.

Cross-posting from our birthing thread, but glad to share that Joshua & Delaney Phillips have had a little boy, and all seems well:

11 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Cross-posting from our birthing thread, but glad to share that Joshua & Delaney Phillips have had a little boy, and all seems well:

Aww.  Lovely family pic too.  Although babe looks under-impressed they usually do at that age.

I wish them all freedom - and survival from their fathers and Fundiedom.  

Escape, JTits and Dee.  Escape!

Well, he was born in a hospital and isn't named "Foresight", "Warrior",  or "Truth" so maybe there is hope of escape.

No congratulatory comment from DPIART yet.  Will be interesting to see what he says, if anything.  Faith had a birthday & he posted video of a monster truck rally as a gift.  Wonder what the birth of the first grand child will warrant.

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Has anyone on the Sproul side weighed in?

Darby did in a comment on the IG post. Neither Spanky nor the First Lady weighed in. DPIART isn't in evidence either unless he's using yet another social media handle. 

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Although babe looks under-impressed they usually do at that age.

Yep -- as some say, you're born and it's all downhill from there!

It's nice for Beall that she could be there. Having traveled to be present for my first grandchild's arrival, I nearly missed it since baby was also 10-11 days late. She obliged by finally arriving the day before I had to go.

I hope that Beall can be a help to the new parents and that she can also enjoy her grandson.

ETA: Checked his Twitter and it looks like Spanky is busy pontificating and rebuking the godless:

Our favorite Vision Forum dudebro, Perry-- you know, the guy who just a few years ago wouldn't allow his wife and daughters to wear pants-- is now being mentored in business by a woman. 

I'm sure he'd have some b.s. explanation like, "But she's working from her home, so it totally doesn't count!" Or perhaps he doesn't even bother with explanations anymore, since no one ever calls him out on his hypocrisy. 

And speaking of former VF crazies, did you know you could change your sexual orientation simply by "dwelling on it"? If only gay people had known; they could've avoided thousands of years of persecution! Thanks, Jen!

22 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

And speaking of former VF crazies, did you know you could change your sexual orientation simply by "dwelling on it"? If only gay people had known; they could've avoided thousands of years of persecution! Thanks, Jen!

"If you spend too much time dwelling...you will become"

I'm not sure that's quite how it works

Proof is in the pudding, Jen.

You've clearly been dwelling on the crazy in fundie Christianity for decades, and now -- YOU are crazy!

I remember reading Jen's blog years ago about how poorly she was treated by Doug and Beall.  She bitched and bitched about them but then did everything in her power to get back into their church after they excommunicated her.  She is crazy.

I don’t know where to post this and it seems this particular thread has become kind of catchall for the prominent fundies. Lindsey Keen Disharoon is now a University of West Georgia student and aspiring to become a registered nurse. Good on her, I hope more of these current and former SAHD look at her and say “Why not me?” 

In the insta comments non other then Audrey Botkin is applauding her efforts. Jasmine Holmes as well, but that’s not very shocking anymore considering she is a career woman and a working mother of two.

3 hours ago, seraaa said:

"If you spend too much time dwelling...you will become"

I'm not sure that's quite how it works

Hey! I have dwelled on becoming a unicorn for years, and I'm pretty sure my horn is finally growing in! :unicorn:

4 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Hey! I have dwelled on becoming a unicorn for years, and I'm pretty sure my horn is finally growing in! :unicorn:

I think Stephen R. Donaldson covered how to turn into a unicorn in his short story Mythological Beast. (In the collection Daughter of Regals and Other Tales, 1984.) Maybe you could read it to get some tips! ;)

On 1/7/2019 at 1:03 AM, ladyamylynn said:

I was inspired to troll trough some old Vision Forum content and re-watched this cringefest. 4:48 and 5:56 are particularly gag-worthy.

I'm still not over how ugly the award is. It looks just like one of those silver plated serving trays that waiters carry around on weddings. What is she going to do with it? Hang the monstruosity on the livingroom wall? Serve tater tots on it on the next potluck?

In reading through this thread Doug Phillips makes perfect sense.  As a classic Narcissist his old "homeschool patriarch" narrative stopped giving him the requisite adoration, affirmation and approval he needed to thrive, so he switched to something that would.  Look at the 9 characteristics of someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and tell me it doesn't completely define DPIART:

1. Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
  2. Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  3. Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
  4. Need for continual admiration from others
  5. Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  6. Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
  7. Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
  8. Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  9. Pompous and arrogant demeanor

His utter lack of repentance, his ability to change realities like a chameleon, his lack of empathy toward his victims are all characteristics of someone with the disorder. 

However, I've been unable to figure out Beall.  The seeming denial of everything that has happened, the complaining about bullying online while still having an open Instagram, FB etc.  The unhealthy obsession with the age 50.  It's made no sense to me. 

However the other day I was reading an article about two narcissists marrying each other and it made perfect sense.  Usually, everything blows up into spectacular fireworks, but occasionally it works out really well and they are both able to feed each other's Grandiosity and put on a bigger dog and pony show together.  Reading some of the comments on Quora from people who have narcissistic parents it sounds that things like living separately, lack of affection, cheating all while putting on a brave show are par for the course.  Seeing DPIART's latest affection for the creator of Dorian Grey, this quote seems to fit the whole story together:

"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that he was beautiful. I weep for him because whenever he lay on my banks and looked into my waters, I could see my own beauty reflected in his eyes." - Oscar Wilde

I am no expert in these things, I've just dealt with a lot of narcissists in my life and have seen the utter devastation caused by their pride.  This is all speculation on my part, but at least in my head helps me start figuring out this bizarre couple.

(Source wikipedia: NPD)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived