IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

I was inspired to troll trough some old Vision Forum content and re-watched this cringefest. 4:48 and 5:56 are particularly gag-worthy.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Would someone have the link to this interview?  Ive tried looking, but no luck.   Bah, I did the repost wrong. It was the texas tv interview Be All and Dough did, soon after Tool oWeen.    (Hmm...interesting typo on his name, i think i'll leave it.) ?

Do you mean the one that showed this photo?  I found this photo, followed the link, and it took me to THIS this article, but the photo is not a part of it any more.  I don't know if this was the original interview.

Screenshot (1425).png

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I was inspired to troll trough some old Vision Forum content and re-watched this cringefest. 4:48 and 5:56 are particularly gag-worthy.

I can just hear Doug directing Lourdes: "Just kind of whisper that second 'really,' but in a powerful way. Powerful yet feminine. Okay, let's try it again!" 

4 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Do you mean the one that showed this photo?  I found this photo, followed the link, and it took me to THIS this article, but the photo is not a part of it any more.  I don't know if this was the original interview.

Yes, that's a screen shot from the local TV interview they did after Tool O'Ween.

Here's the article from the video interview:

Despite the allegations and the lawsuit, both Philips and his wife told KENS 5 their relationship--and their faith--remain strong.

I've had almost 16 months now to work through this with him and see significant changes in the level of emotional intimacy between the two of us, said Beall Phillips.

I think God wanted to draw us together and do something much bigger than us or our family's story, said Phillips.

Phillips attorneys said the plaintiff s attorneys offered a settlement deal for more than $10 million, but Phillips said he d put his faith in a jury and the Almighty.

9 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Okay. I tried. But I failed. I can not watch this. At least not without booze. 

Question - who else received this award over the years? Any VF buffs that might remember that?

10 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I can just hear Doug directing Lourdes: "Just kind of whisper that second 'really,' but in a powerful way. Powerful yet feminine. Okay, let's try it again!" 

Watching Lourdes in Return of the Daughters is painful. :(

So any idle speculation on the name of JTits soon to be born baby? I'm thinking they know it's  a boy, am I remembering that correctly? If it's a boy, don't think they will go with Peter nor Douglas, nor Richard (Beall's father and brother's names)..  Perhaps Howard, perhaps Robert or Charles (RC's names) but those would also be Spanky's names and I'm not sure they would want to name for him.  If a girl, definitely not Lourdes nor Florence. Possibly Denise for late maternal grandmother.  But not Lisa, the stepmother's name.  Or maybe they'll go full medieval with something like Elspeth, Geoffery or Bronwyn?

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Watching  Return of the Daughters is painful. :(

FTFY

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

Okay. I tried. But I failed. I can not watch this. At least not without booze. 

Question - who else received this award over the years? Any VF buffs that might remember that?

Pretty sure MOTY was a one-off. 

By the jerk-off!!!!

hahahaha me so funnee !

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, that's a screen shot from the local TV interview they did after Tool O'Ween.

Here's the article from the video interview:

Thanks for locating the article @hoipolloi.  I spent way too much time trying to access it and searching it here. :) 

20 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Thanks for locating the article @hoipolloi.  I spent way too much time trying to access it and searching it here. :) 

You're welcome -- just wished we'd archived that video somehow.

It was completely cringeworthy and the body language of the two of them spoke volumes, essentially contradicting everything their mouths were saying.

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

You're welcome -- just wished we'd archived that video somehow.

It was completely cringeworthy and the body language of the two of them spoke volumes, essentially contradicting everything their mouths were saying.

Thank you @Flyinthesoup and @hoipolloi.  I was really curious to see the video that the screencap photo of the two of them (posted above) belongs to, but the article was interesting too.  I did some additional googling for that video myself, but no dice.

Is there any word on the grandchild yet? I checked JTit's Instagram, but he has posted nothing new. I am blocked from Beall's for calling her husband a raping tool.

I hope that Delaney's labor and birth go well and that they have a healthy child.

Beall just tagged a post #waitingforbaby about an hour ago. It was a selfie on the beach and she talked about using the extra time on her hands to rediscover poetry, so I assume nothing is imminent yet. I believe Delaney's due date was yesterday.

From Beall's Instagram (emphasis mine):

I've been having odd flash backs: Memories of my senior year in high school, going to lots of senior parties with all the prep school parents and being grilled about what I was going to do with my life. Maybe it's because several of my kids are in that transition place now. Funny thing is that I remember having an answer for everything. I could bluff and balderdash myself into or out of anything. Where in the world did all that confidence disappear? .

Doug.

And then you met Doug.

Richard Overton, the oldest surviving WWII vet (and oldest American man), passed away in my city on Dec. 28 at age 112. He lived at home with an aide, and hung out on his porch to wave at and visit with passersby until December. Daily cigar and whiskey.  He loved his cats, ate ice cream every day, continued to drive himself around and took no medications.  Richard Overton, America's oldest World War II veteran and the oldest man in the US, dies at 112

I scan the obituaries in the daily paper and noticed the passing of 6 WWII veterans (many career military) between the ages of 90 and 99 this past week alone.  Operation Meatball is losing veterans at an alarming rate. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Operation Meatball is losing veterans at an alarming rate. 

Operation Meatball's About page mentions WW II nine times and Korea/VietNam once, as follows:

On December 7th, 2017, (Pearl Harbor Day), Operation Meatball was officially formed into a non-profit Organization. Our mission remains the same, honoring World War II veterans and connecting them with the children of today. However it is now extended to include our Korean War & Vietnam Veterans.

Wonder if their official purpose statement, as filed with the IRS, reflects "including" Korea & VietNam. The entries at Guidestar and Charity Navigtor have very little information and none on that matter.

19 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Operation Meatball's About page mentions WW II nine times and Korea/VietNam once,

I think they mean that if a Korea or Vietnam veteran just happens to wander into one of their WWII "events" they won't actually chuck them out. 

As for Operation Meatball, I'm assuming that they make <$50K a year so we won't see a Form 990 anytime soon.  If we ever do, it will consist of travel expenses for the girls and the BoD, filming expenses (CinemaofWonder),  and a tiny line item for event expenses, which will barely cover a half a bagel with cream cheese each for the veterans.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, AnnaSofia said:

I've been having odd flash backs: Memories of my senior year in high school, going to lots of senior parties with all the prep school parents and being grilled about what I was going to do with my life. Maybe it's because several of my kids are in that transition place now. Funny thing is that I remember having an answer for everything. I could bluff and balderdash myself into or out of anything. Where in the world did all that confidence disappear? .

Doug.

And then you met Doug

This is so true Anna Sofia.  Beall was a fun, normal Texas girl when she came to William & Mary. She had loads of friends and was funny. People who knew her then remember that she went to dances and frat parties, dated normal guys, and was on the Homecoming Court her freshman year.  And then, as you said, she met DPIARBT.

Pretty pictures of Beall - I mean Scotland - and no baby yet.
It continues to blow my mind that Faith Evangeline Phillips, Fundie Princess of Vision Forum under the headship of Daddy Visionary Doug Phillips is on Instagram posting pictures of herself in vintage garb being wooed by a tattoo artist-model, said photo taken by her Headship Visionary Dad, and nobody involved says
One.
Goddamned.
Thing.
About the destructive, hateful, self-serving faux-Christian cult that her dad ran for years, which ruined countless lives and families and marriages.
Just - UGH. [emoji1785]

1 hour ago, bea said:

posting pictures of herself in vintage garb being wooed by a tattoo artist-model

Help me out because I must be missing something here. Maybe I can't see some of the pics? Who is the tattoo artist-model? 

Tattoos are such a cliche "cool Christian" thing now that most people probably don't blink at them (unless you are Doug Wilson, then they are BAD.) But back in the day DPIAT was always going on about how homeschoolers had to be visibly "not of the world" which meant no ink and no piercings. It's weird to see the collective amnesia that seems to have hit all these former VF members.

@bea thanks for the pics. I can no longer see Faith's public "sewingtreble" IG account - I've no idea why, I've never had an online interaction with her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived