IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

Thank you @AnnaSofia. It came up a couple of times thoughout the document, and was not elaborated on further. I wonder how he slithered out of that one, it’s reeks of premeditated murder (that fortunately did not happen). 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

I wonder how he slithered out of that one, it’s reeks of premeditated murder (that fortunately did not happen). 

I suspect it was more wishful thinking/blowing smoke than a murder plot.

I would hope Doug doesn't have it in him (and I personally don't think he does), but it did really did creep me out at the time. There have been several cases of pastors murdering their wives because they were involved with other women and believed they couldn't divorce and still maintain their position in the church. Narcissists do horrible things to keep up a facade. 

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

Be-aAll seems to be beginning to crack and at least acknowledge that things may not be quite as rosie as she portrays.

Holy Hannah!  Has Beall been attending JRod's joyful school of cosmetology?

44 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Maybe one of the kids works there?

Yup, I was wondering if that might be it. It would have to be Honor or Liberty, since Faith has been traveling the past month.

Beall, if you’re happily married, I’m Queen Margaret of the Planet Shaltoon.

17 hours ago, Petronella said:

I suspect it was more wishful thinking/blowing smoke than a murder plot.

I'm sure you're right, but damn, that's like the beginning of every Dateline/48 Hours show I've ever seen where the husband murders his wife.

9 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I know that many of us speculated about Be-All having a job a while back but I don't recall anyone posting this.  I ran across it looking for something else.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/beall-phillips-498318115

At the risk of using an expression that genuinely grosses me out, I’m forced to say that that’s some grade-A-level turd-polishing, Beall.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I'm sure you're right, but damn, that's like the beginning of every Dateline/48 Hours show I've ever seen where the husband murders his wife.

Yes! That's it exactly. It just checks allllll the boxes for something like that.

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

I know that many of us speculated about Be-All having a job a while back but I don't recall anyone posting this.  I ran across it looking for something else.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/beall-phillips-498318115

Nice find!

And yeah, she's definitely doing some heavy turd polishing there. I give her props for doing elder care, though. I did a bit of it years ago; it's hard work, both physically (even when I was in my early 20s) and emotionally.  I probably made a mistake in doing it too soon after losing my own parent, but man, it can be incredibly sad. I didn't make it very long.

12 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Could you please help me see where this "like" is that she has done?  I would love to know, but I can't find it.  I'm obviously missing something. :) 

I get frustrated with bios like these. I mean, as a *personal* description this sort of thing can make sense, but LinkedIn is supposed to be about work. Mixing "wife, mom" and "beginner backpacker" in the same list as "board member, businesswoman, speaker, writer, editor, published author" is just eye-roll-worthy. What are people supposed to do with that?

And where are the specifics? "Editor" for her husband is not the same as an editor employed at a publishing company. But perhaps she did edit other people's books for Vision Forum as well? Which is precisely why she should SAY SO because if not, I'm assuming she just proofread for Doug. (And, by the way, proofreading is not "editing" in the employment sense. Which perhaps she has also done, but this list doesn't at all persuade me to believe that.)

I have some sympathy. I'm just a bit younger than Beall, and I homeschooled my kids, so I and a lot of my friends are in a similar boat, having spent a lot of time parenting and teaching, but not "officially" teaching. It's tricky getting back into (or into for the first time) employment after full-time parenting. But for heaven's sake this is NOT THE WAY. This paragraph is foolish, vague, and disingenuous. It's uses impressive-seeming but vague and unsubstantiated titles like "published author" (published by her family's own company, which is essentially self-publishing) and "businesswoman" (which is a meaningless title on its own--doing what, exactly??? "business" is not something people do. Real work is more specific than that.).

It reminds me of those lists that get emailed around saying that stay-at-home-moms are actually "chauffeurs" and "doctors" because of all they do for their kids.

Beall has actually done some stuff, in the Vision Forum and associated organizations context, but she needs to pick out the actual work from normal life, and she needs to be SPECIFIC about it. She also needs to be specific in terms of the kind of work she's looking for now. I have no idea what "family facilitator" is (and what background would be relevant). If she's looking for more caregiving work, then most of what she wrote is irrelevant. She should just put her actual experience, and she has some! If she's looking to be a nanny or companion or whatever, then her parenting stuff is relevant, and being a "businesswoman" isn't. If she's looking to be a kind of family life coach, then, uh... She should not do that. Her life is not exemplary. She should not be coaching.

Again, I sympathize. I hit a road block with teaching a couple of years ago. I've been a professional author for about ten years, and had naively considered eventually teaching writing to be a kind of "fallback." But when I decided to get into part-time teaching as my kids got older, I discovered that being "good at it" and having taught my kids and my kids' friends (and being a professional in the subject, which I had figured was the main requirement) was not necessarily enough. I was given a chance and now I do have the relevant, resume-worthy experience to keep doing it, but breaking in can be tough. It was a reality check.

So, Beall, I get it--but this scattershot "I'm vaguely amazing!" bio is not going to get practical results. And it makes it obvious that she's got grandiose, inflated ideas of what she has done, and has not made peace with the actual work she's doing and going to be doing.

I sympathize with her trying to get back into the workforce and frankly, I can see where care management might be something she'd have the experience to do. However, this LinkedIn just isn't the way to do it; it pretty much screams scammer rather than actual professional. Instead of a "I've had so many life experiences!" bio, I'd start a legit care management business (there is a HUGE need for these, by the way) and emphasize her knowledge from being a caregiver. If a person can get on the radar of home healthcare services, assisted living, good elder law attorneys, etc..., there are families that would love to hire them to help get a comprehensive plan in place to manage needs for elderly or disabled relatives.

Or, if she isn't in a place to start a business right now, they do have Visiting Angels in San Antonio....

At least she didn't add any hashtags (#I'm almost 50!, #I'm now 50!!, #I'm over 50!!!) to her LinkedIn page.

To those of you who have a LinkedIn page, do employers actually contact you on LinkedIn?  I am asking for my son, who is job hunting after completing a vocational school.  Any tips for his LinkedIn page?

8 hours ago, kpmom said:

At least she didn't add any hashtags (#I'm almost 50!, #I'm now 50!!, #I'm over 50!!!) to her LinkedIn page.

To those of you who have a LinkedIn page, do employers actually contact you on LinkedIn?  I am asking for my son, who is job hunting after completing a vocational school.  Any tips for his LinkedIn page?

I have had linkedin for several years, (I work in I.T.) and I would put this in the "yes, but it's rare" category.  I think employers look at this mostly as part of the evaluation process after they have selected you for an interview.  I would advise your son to post his resume on the big job boards, and actively use indeed.com to start sending in applications.

My husband says he uses it for networking and that he’s had a few people reach out due to multiple LinkedIn crossovers. But! He’s an attorney who’s been practicing for 20 years. I think LinkedIn is used more for “I have a quick question about an obscure point of trust management, let’s see if anyone in my network knows somebody” than for employers to look for new personnel. Especially at the entry level.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:13 AM, GenerationCedarchip said:

However, this LinkedIn just isn't the way to do it; it pretty much screams scammer rather than actual professional.-

It's the CV of a person with no experience in a professional workplace setting.  I used to get resumes like that when I worked at Tim Hortons, mostly from teenagers who really felt their love of Nintendo, Soccer, or Disney was relevant to heating up shitty frozen donuts.  

On 11/23/2018 at 7:20 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Phillips repeatedly told Torres that this was possible because his wife, Beall Phillips, was going to die soon.

So Dougie was not looking forward to #growingoldtogether

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived