IGNORED

Joy and Austin 24

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I’m more shocked that Ted Cruz is still in his 40s, than that he’s the zodiac killer. 

Holy shit, I swear this man was almost 60. I guess being a malicious asshole is bad for the skin. 

Also: is it just me or does Ted Cruz look like a cross between a sloth and a penguin? 

And the youngish Dem, his opposition, is nearly the same age...could have knocked me over with a feather!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

and the electricity bill, that is what would freak me out, but then again where I live electricity is awfully priced. I have heard it is not so bad in the states. All in all bad for the environment also 

Looks like LED lights to me, so not that bad.

56 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

New pic Joy and Austin

I’ll say it again. Those glasses really suit her face. 

I am overly interested in glasses right now though since I just picked new ones up and am wondering if I made the right choice. Maybe I should have gone crazier ... ??

@Iamtheway i was going to say the same thing! I always have problem when I change my glasses I can't never decide for real what I want and end up with the most "normal" choose every single time ugh 

Interesting that Joy's frequently photographed wearing baseball caps. I've found that sort of "wife imitating husband attire" to be a "thing" with some people I know. A high school friend married a guy who always wears beanies, and now? She's all beanie, all the time. Whatever - but also weird (to me). :) 

She is very pretty & looks really good in glasses. That is a nice photo of them, they are cute young couple, under normal circumstances you wouldn't think they we're a married couple with a young son.

As for fun/crazy glasses, I went for it this time and got purple polka dot frames I LOVE THEM. They match the purple stone in my nose ring, and did match the purple highlights I had in my hair. My sister says it's my mid life crisis, and it may well be, but I call it, I give no more fucks what others think, and am going to dress and do my hair the way I've wanted to all my life but was too worried about "what would people think" I wish I had done this 30 years ago. It's fantastic.

I am super jealous of 21 YO Joy wearing such bold glasses. My baby face, fair, 60YO, face the size that actually looks better in children's glasses, is so, so envious. I always get help from the assistant when purchasing new glasses. I can not do those really dark, bold frames. :( I have had turquoise, mauve, brown, brown with mint green polka dots, purple, very intricate, lacey type frames, but always the tiny, children's sized frames.

That's a great photo of them. She looks beautiful with those glasses. And I'm glad she's sticking to her style of hats and whatnot. 

First time posting.. just went to Joys instagram and saw her live story her voice sounds so child like ..looks like she’s enjoying playing a game in the story!

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Interesting that Joy's frequently photographed wearing baseball caps. I've found that sort of "wife imitating husband attire" to be a "thing" with some people I know. A high school friend married a guy who always wears beanies, and now? She's all beanie, all the time. Whatever - but also weird (to me). :) 

I've lurked for years, rarely ever post but I had to comment on this. This is *me*. Not because I wanted to copy him but one day I put on one of his beanies more as a joke but quickly realized it was amazingly comfortable and I actually loved how I looked in it. So welp, I became a beanie lover too. :lol:  Not saying that's necessarily the case for everyone  but I just had to share.

34 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

First time posting.. just went to Joys instagram and saw her live story her voice sounds so child like ..looks like she’s enjoying playing a game in the story!

I saw that, looks like they were playing volleyball and were getting quite vicious, but in that fun, we're gonna kick your butts and have fun doing it, even if we get our butts kicked, kind of way.

1 hour ago, viii said:

That's a great photo of them. She looks beautiful with those glasses. And I'm glad she's sticking to her style of hats and whatnot. 

That is a  nice picture. She really looks cute in glasses. 

1 hour ago, Fundielandobserver said:

First time posting.. just went to Joys instagram and saw her live story her voice sounds so child like

It has always annoyed me when people comment on Joy’s voice and how she sounds like a child (I’ve heard a lot of people say it, it’s not just you). I’m 4 months older than Joy and my voice is very similar to hers, even more child like if I say so. And guess what? There’s not much either of us can do about how our voices sound like!

Voice tone is determined by the size of your vocal folds/cords, and that’s not something that you choose. And sure, there are techniques to alter your voice tone but they’re way too much trouble and I’ll rather focus on more important stuff in my life, and I’m sure Joy does too. 

There have been many times when people don’t take me seriously because of that and also because of my baby face and it annoys me because it’s something I can’t control. 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

It has always annoyed me when people comment on Joy’s voice and how she sounds like a child (I’ve heard a lot of people say it, it’s not just you). I’m 4 months older than Joy and my voice is very similar to hers, even more child like if I say so. And guess what? There’s not much either of us can do about how our voices sound like!

Voice tone is determined by the size of your vocal folds/cords, and that’s not something that you choose. And sure, there are techniques to alter your voice tone but they’re way too much trouble and I’ll rather focus on more important stuff in my life, and I’m sure Joy does too. 

There have been many times when people don’t take me seriously because of that and also because of my baby face and it annoys me because it’s something I can’t control. 

I am 60 and have a baby voice and face. It is horrible in terms of people taking you serious.

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for fun/crazy glasses, I went for it this time and got purple polka dot frames I LOVE THEM. They match the purple stone in my nose ring, and did match the purple highlights I had in my hair. My sister says it's my mid life crisis, and it may well be, but I call it, I give no more fucks what others think, and am going to dress and do my hair the way I've wanted to all my life but was too worried about "what would people think" I wish I had done this 30 years ago. It's fantastic.

I wish I could like this more then once! You go girl! And also, where can I get polka dot frames? I want them!

On 11/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, Timetostoplurking said:

I do realize this is not the experience of everyone but the thought of all of us Americans wandering around in confusion with this vast, unorganized system of bureaucracy, unable to do anything is...well...not accurate.  

And my experience is vastly different that yours. I also fixed your spelling of bureaucracy. 

When I first moved to the state I'm in now, I had a moment where my drivers license and passport both expired. I didn't have a birth certificate and I needed to appear in person to request one - in another state. I had no way of getting to said state without ID. I had no way to replace my missing Social Security Card without an ID. Couldn't even get into the building. 

The other thing is that I needed to be on SNAP way before I realized I was, in fact, eligible. No one explained that "household" isn't literally the people living in your house. I was my own household, regardless of whom I lived with. I had no idea that I didn't have to be literally starving and on the verge of homelessness for years. 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yup - fellow baby face and baby voice two here.  Turned 33 yesterday, when I mentioned it to a lady i met at a retreat in Saturday, she said she thought I was in high school . . . Which hey, thanks for thinking I'm younger lol, but in the flipside, some people who've gotten to know me, have admitted that at first they thought I was "ditzy". 

I'm like a triple threat, with a baby face, baby voice, AND a bubbly personality.  It used to bother me, but then I would think of Deweys quote from Scream 2: "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation, used to lower people's expectations, thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" .  And then I'd wipe the floor with them with my wit  MUWHAHAHA!!!!11!!1! ?

On 11/6/2018 at 8:22 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

My fundie church outlawed baseball caps for girls because they were deemed men's apparel.

On the topic of "baby voices": While I don't have a baby voice, I do have an exceedingly quiet one. i get so sick of having to repeat myself or being told to "speak up hun" when I am already practically yelling at the person. I refuse to order in restaurants anymore and make my husband do it because of this. I don't meant to vent, just to say, I sympathize with ya'll. I also find the rest of the world excessively loud though because I seem to have married a quiet man and have quiet children (we all have soft/small voices). We call it out "tiny voices".

1 hour ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

On the topic of "baby voices": While I don't have a baby voice, I do have an exceedingly quiet one. i get so sick of having to repeat myself or being told to "speak up hun" when I am already practically yelling at the person. I refuse to order in restaurants anymore and make my husband do it because of this. I don't meant to vent, just to say, I sympathize with ya'll. I also find the rest of the world excessively loud though because I seem to have married a quiet man and have quiet children (we all have soft/small voices). We call it out "tiny voices".

Me too! I need to move near you to be near my fellow quiet people.

@WiseGirl Oh do come join us. I would be happy for you to take our neighbors house. They are so loud! Then we can have quiet coffees and snark on the duggers!

On 11/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, SassyPants said:

I am 60 and have a baby voice and face. It is horrible in terms of people taking you serious.

I know how you feel there. To make it worse, I’m very short so yeah sometimes it feels like people don’t take me seriously.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived