• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Scrabblemaster

Books for the autumn

Satisfied
Scrabblemaster

I started a new topic although it is technically still summer, but for me autumn already began. And because I have loads and loads an tons of work to do, I won't start these books right away. I will buy these  books. Normally I would wait until I can borrow them from the library but I became a very slow reader in the last couple of months due to less time. Last time I borrowed 2 books from the library I did not read them in 7 weeks until I gave them back because I gave up. 

I definitely will read "Ida" from Katharina Adler. The book is about the great-grandmother from the author, Katharina Adler, and she is the client Sigmund Freud called Dora. It's about her life and I want to read it because she was more than just a client from Freud and she deserves to get a voice. The book is only available in german, when I understood amazon right. 

I will read "The accidental further adventures of the hundred-year-old-man" from Jonas Jonasson. I read the first one and listened to the Audio books of the other two books (the girl who saved the king of sweden, and Hitman Anders and the meaning of it all). 

I want to read the second book from Deborah Feldmann, "Exodus". I read Unorthodox because one of you recommended it, so I want to know how the story goes on. 

I wanted to add Frank Schätzing's  Die Tyrannei des Schmetterlings (no idea if there is an english version...sorry) but I have a love or hate relationship with that author. I don't want to spend my money on a hardcover book I will hate. For this book I will wait for my turn on the list in the library. Well, or not. Maybe I won't read it at all. 

That's all for now. 

CTRLZero

I may have mentioned that I binge read a lot of fiction in the summer (and not all of it very high quality, ahem).  I am finishing up a couple time travel novels by Nathan Van Coop, which turned out to be better than I'd expected.

As the days turn colder and darker, I intend to tackle some non-fiction.  I need to pick up Hamilton again (I only got part way through).  My husband has been reading a book entitled Ghost Soldiers:  The Epic Account of World War II's Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides.  When he's done, I think I'll start on that.  I am also tempted to invest in Bob Woodward's latest on Trump, Fear: Trump in the White House.

Kailash

I just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It is an amazing book. I’ve been wanting to read it for a long time. It was worth the wait! 

SilverBeach
On 9/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kailash said:

I just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It is an amazing book. I’ve been wanting to read it for a long time. It was worth the wait! 

One of my all-time favorite books. Check out the movie starring Oprah. Such a tragedy, what happened to the family.