IGNORED

Brett Kavanaugh's Confirmation Hearing

Cartmann99

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, there will be blood in the streets. Women, and their supporters, will not stand for it. I and fuck Condoleeza Rice.

If you thought that refusing to shake Fred Guttenbergs hand was despicable enough, you were quite wrong.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

If you thought that refusing to shake Fred Guttenbergs hand was despicable enough, you were quite wrong.

I went with wtf here @fraurosena although raging anger would be more honest, but I didn't want you to be "punished" by a downvote for Kavanaughs complete lack of manners, morals, decency or backbone!

My local TV stations keep showing Brett Kavanaugh ads featuring a woman who has known him for 30+ years and tells us how great he is.  She's a teacher! and a coach! and "not political".   Brett Kavanaugh is not running for political office or a popularity contest, but based on this ad, you would think he is. 

52 minutes ago, Ais said:

I went with wtf here @fraurosena although raging anger would be more honest, but I didn't want you to be "punished" by a downvote for Kavanaughs complete lack of manners, morals, decency or backbone!

Oh, I don't mind in the slightest. It's not a popularity competition for me and I don't care about up- or downvotes. If you are disgusted, angered or dumbfounded, go ahead and show it. These are the politics threads, and the things we post about here are often quite maddening and infuriating, so by all means, downvote away if that's how it you feel. :wink-kitty:

1 hour ago, Ais said:

Disgust is not a downvote anymore.

Dianne Feinstein:

This close up angle of his face.

Oh? So explain to me your decision-making process in the pregnant Jane Doe case, wherein you ruled that she would have to wait, and wait and wait some more, so she would be too far along in the pregnancy to be able to legally terminate. How was that ruling, which went against multiple lower court rulings, not based on policy or your personal views on the subject? 

42 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I see today's hearing has started well.

I'm loving that there are protesters present, not that they are being kicked out.

His answer is completely illogical. All questions about how to interpret the law in this hearing are hypothetical. If what he says were true, then no one can ask him about his future rulings, and as no one can ask him about his past rulings, because the information about them is being withheld, why hold a ruling at all? 

Oh boy! I'm trying to find video of this exchange and will post it as soon as I do.

Haven't found Leahy yet, but here's Whitehouse to whet your appetite:

Not the video I was looking for, but still.

And they're back for the afternoon session. Durbin (D-IL) is laying into Kav about the lack of documents made available.

It is SO OBVIOUS that the questions propounded by the Republican senators are scripted and rehearsed, as well Kavanaugh's answers! It makes me so ill, I can't even watch!

6 hours ago, Howl said:

My local TV stations keep showing Brett Kavanaugh ads featuring a woman who has known him for 30+ years and tells us how great he is.  She's a teacher! and a coach! and "not political".   Brett Kavanaugh is not running for political office or a popularity contest, but based on this ad, you would think he is. 

Yeah, I'm seeing those too. Since WHEN does a nominee for Supreme Court Justice CAMPAIGN for his seat like he is running for a seat on the local city or county commission? This is DISGRACEFUL & INAPPROPRIATE! 

I'm also noticing that Zina Bash is again now seated behind Kav and making every effort to remain within the camera lens - to the point where she will LEAN, if necessary, to ensure she remains in view!

42 minutes ago, AuntK said:

It is SO OBVIOUS that the questions propounded by the Republican senators are scripted and rehearsed, as well Kavanaugh's answers! It makes me so ill, I can't even watch!

Talking points have obviously been distributed. I noticed yesterday that a lot of people were saying that Kavanaugh's views were in the mainstream. Even the woman who self-identified as a liberal who wrote a letter supporting Kavanaugh said it.

I had to stop the feed to do something else, so I'm behind where the hearing actually is right now. I'm currently watching Senator Whitehouse of Rhode Island do his thing, and I'm developing a crush on him. :romance-inlove:

Heh, Whitehouse just  showed a chart of who funds the Federalist Society right now. *snickers*

Archived