• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Granwych

Really waterproof eyeliner

Granwych

Greetings!  Does anyone have recommendations for a truly waterproof eyeliner?  My eyes tend to run like Niagara Falls at times.  Pencils drag too much and I can usually do liquid liner, but it really needs to be waterproof.  Thanks in advance!!

SilverBeach

Try Thrive Causemetics. A little pricey, but for each item you buy, one is donated to a domestic violence shelter.

louisa05

Urban Decay has worked great for me. First one that doesn't run with my watery eyes. 

Still seeking the truly waterproof smear proof mascara. I don't think it exists. 

Pretzel
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, louisa05 said:

Urban Decay has worked great for me. First one that doesn't run with my watery eyes. 

Still seeking the truly waterproof smear proof mascara. I don't think it exists. 

There's a beauty YouTuber with a large number of followers and she could make a fortune by shilling expensive mascara. All she had to say about it was somewhere along the lines of 'choose a brush you like and buy mascara in the 2 bucks section of drugstore brands. It really doesn't make a difference whether it's 2 or 20 bucks'.

I couldn't agree more. I've tried cheap drugstore brands, expensive drugstore brands, high-end. My favorite used to be Aldi mascara. Yes, you heard that right. The brush did amazing things to my lashes, it never clumped once. Of course, whenever I like a product the company's radar magically goes on and the product will be discontinued.

I am currently using Catrice Glam&Doll. Gorgeous results and gorgeous price. Waiting for the phase-out of that one.

Edited by Pretzel

SilverBeach
Posted (edited)

I don't think a truly waterproof eyeliner pencil exists. I have tried several brands (price doesn't matter), and if you use moisturizer around your eyes it will smear. They may last a little longer but will end of looking raccoon-ish if you perspire. Such a holy grail, I'll probably keep looking despite my lack of success.

Edited by SilverBeach

Pretzel
10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't think a truly waterproof eyeliner pencil exists. I have tried several brands (price doesn't matter), and if you use moisturizer around your eyes it will smear. They may last a little longer but will end of looking raccoon-ish if you perspire. Such a holy grail, I'll probably keep looking despite my lack of success.

If one of these eye products was really 100% smear- and waterproof, how would we get the product off our eyes? Personally, I'm not a big fan of eyeliner. My eyelids just aren't made for it. But when I use it, I use one that you can remove easily. I'd rather remove some smears and correct it in between, than have it be whatever-proof and smear anyway, but not as much as I'd need to correct it. 

SilverBeach
7 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

If one of these eye products was really 100% smear- and waterproof, how would we get the product off our eyes? Personally, I'm not a big fan of eyeliner. My eyelids just aren't made for it. But when I use it, I use one that you can remove easily. I'd rather remove some smears and correct it in between, than have it be whatever-proof and smear anyway, but not as much as I'd need to correct it. 

It would take an oil-based makup remover to get it off. I need eyeliner on my waterline because I have no lashes and look completely washed out without it. Eyeliner down there makes my eyes pop a bit, and they are one of my best features. I don't use eyeliner on the top lid.  I dont like to fuss with my makeup after I put it on, and I don't wear much of it for that reason. 

louisa05
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

There's a beauty YouTuber with a large number of followers and she could make a fortune by shilling expensive mascara. All she had to say about it was somewhere along the lines of 'choose a brush you like and buy mascara in the 2 bucks section of drugstore brands. It really doesn't make a difference whether it's 2 or 20 bucks'.

I couldn't agree more. I've tried cheap drugstore brands, expensive drugstore brands, high-end. My favorite used to be Aldi mascara. Yes, you heard that right. The brush did amazing things to my lashes, it never clumped once. Of course, whenever I like a product the company's radar magically goes on and the product will be discontinued.

I am currently using Catrice Glam&Doll. Gorgeous results and gorgeous price. Waiting for the phase-out of that one.

As I said, I've tried so many. I've tried drugstore ones, I've tried expensive ones. I've tried mid price ones. I've tried the ones people claim you can't get off with anything. And I look like a raccoon in an hour with all of them and that's without putting any on my lower lashes, FTR. 

RosyDaisy

Ulta Automatic Eyeliner ($8.00 US available in Ulta stores or online) is the best one I've come across. I have to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off. Also using a makeup sealant can help. Cinema Secrets comes to mind.