Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Granwych

Really waterproof eyeliner

Recommended Posts

Granwych

Greetings!  Does anyone have recommendations for a truly waterproof eyeliner?  My eyes tend to run like Niagara Falls at times.  Pencils drag too much and I can usually do liquid liner, but it really needs to be waterproof.  Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilverBeach

Try Thrive Causemetics. A little pricey, but for each item you buy, one is donated to a domestic violence shelter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
louisa05

Urban Decay has worked great for me. First one that doesn't run with my watery eyes. 

Still seeking the truly waterproof smear proof mascara. I don't think it exists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, louisa05 said:

Urban Decay has worked great for me. First one that doesn't run with my watery eyes. 

Still seeking the truly waterproof smear proof mascara. I don't think it exists. 

There's a beauty YouTuber with a large number of followers and she could make a fortune by shilling expensive mascara. All she had to say about it was somewhere along the lines of 'choose a brush you like and buy mascara in the 2 bucks section of drugstore brands. It really doesn't make a difference whether it's 2 or 20 bucks'.

I couldn't agree more. I've tried cheap drugstore brands, expensive drugstore brands, high-end. My favorite used to be Aldi mascara. Yes, you heard that right. The brush did amazing things to my lashes, it never clumped once. Of course, whenever I like a product the company's radar magically goes on and the product will be discontinued.

I am currently using Catrice Glam&Doll. Gorgeous results and gorgeous price. Waiting for the phase-out of that one.

Edited by Pretzel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilverBeach
Posted (edited)

I don't think a truly waterproof eyeliner pencil exists. I have tried several brands (price doesn't matter), and if you use moisturizer around your eyes it will smear. They may last a little longer but will end of looking raccoon-ish if you perspire. Such a holy grail, I'll probably keep looking despite my lack of success.

Edited by SilverBeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't think a truly waterproof eyeliner pencil exists. I have tried several brands (price doesn't matter), and if you use moisturizer around your eyes it will smear. They may last a little longer but will end of looking raccoon-ish if you perspire. Such a holy grail, I'll probably keep looking despite my lack of success.

If one of these eye products was really 100% smear- and waterproof, how would we get the product off our eyes? Personally, I'm not a big fan of eyeliner. My eyelids just aren't made for it. But when I use it, I use one that you can remove easily. I'd rather remove some smears and correct it in between, than have it be whatever-proof and smear anyway, but not as much as I'd need to correct it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilverBeach
7 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

If one of these eye products was really 100% smear- and waterproof, how would we get the product off our eyes? Personally, I'm not a big fan of eyeliner. My eyelids just aren't made for it. But when I use it, I use one that you can remove easily. I'd rather remove some smears and correct it in between, than have it be whatever-proof and smear anyway, but not as much as I'd need to correct it. 

It would take an oil-based makup remover to get it off. I need eyeliner on my waterline because I have no lashes and look completely washed out without it. Eyeliner down there makes my eyes pop a bit, and they are one of my best features. I don't use eyeliner on the top lid.  I dont like to fuss with my makeup after I put it on, and I don't wear much of it for that reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
louisa05
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

There's a beauty YouTuber with a large number of followers and she could make a fortune by shilling expensive mascara. All she had to say about it was somewhere along the lines of 'choose a brush you like and buy mascara in the 2 bucks section of drugstore brands. It really doesn't make a difference whether it's 2 or 20 bucks'.

I couldn't agree more. I've tried cheap drugstore brands, expensive drugstore brands, high-end. My favorite used to be Aldi mascara. Yes, you heard that right. The brush did amazing things to my lashes, it never clumped once. Of course, whenever I like a product the company's radar magically goes on and the product will be discontinued.

I am currently using Catrice Glam&Doll. Gorgeous results and gorgeous price. Waiting for the phase-out of that one.

As I said, I've tried so many. I've tried drugstore ones, I've tried expensive ones. I've tried mid price ones. I've tried the ones people claim you can't get off with anything. And I look like a raccoon in an hour with all of them and that's without putting any on my lower lashes, FTR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosyDaisy

Ulta Automatic Eyeliner ($8.00 US available in Ulta stores or online) is the best one I've come across. I have to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off. Also using a makeup sealant can help. Cinema Secrets comes to mind.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×