IGNORED

Texas Senate Race: Beto O'Rourke vs. Ted Cruz

Cartmann99

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, when Ted was running for President, everybody was going on and on an ON about Ted Cruz' simply formidable, brilliant and ruthless debating skills. Like he would effortlessly vanquish any opponent.  I didn't see it during the presidential debates and I don't see it now. 

Some wit on Twitter noted that he's the first life form to be composed of 100% sebaceous oil. 

And Ted?  You should never try to rock jeans with a tucked in shirt.  Ever.  Try rocking a Guyabera shirt, which as many a man can tell you, hides a multitude of waistline issues, rather than emphasize them.   

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Some wit on Twitter noted that he's the first life form to be composed of 100% sebaceous oil. 

somebody said he's a bandaid floating in the pool

Not sure about that because a bandaid was once useful

Do I need to say anything about this? If you haven't seen it, it's gold. If you have, do yourself a favor and watch it again. 

I hope Cruz' performance yesterday and today forces the women of Texas to vote against him in November.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I hope Cruz' performance yesterday and today forces the women of Texas to vote against him in November.

The women who still support Ted Cruz are not going to let a little thing like supporting an accused sexual predator with anger issues and a drinking problem bother them. They are virtuous Republican women, so Rufus will naturally reward them by protecting them from the consequences of their actions. Plus, they'd burn in hell if they didn't vote Republican, so what can you do?

The rest of us know that Ted Cruz would personally set us on fire to save $20 on his taxes and will vote accordingly. 

Second Ted Cruz-Beto O'Rourke debate postponed

The Sunday debate between Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso, has been postponed amid the chaos in Washington, D.C. over the U.S. Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh.

"The Sept. 30 debate between Senator Ted Cruz and Congressman Beto O’Rourke at the University of Houston has been postponed," the university said in a Facebook post on Friday. "Senator Cruz will be in Washington, D.C. for weekend votes. UH, Univision 45 and ABC-13 are working with the campaigns to find a new date to reschedule."

The highly-anticipated second of three scheduled debates was set to be a town hall-style exchange at the University of Houston that would air in most of Texas' media markets.

The first debate took place on Sept. 21 and was a rollicking clash in which both candidates generally argued for the national party's positions on a litany of issues, including immigration and law enforcement.

An attempt to reschedule will be somewhat complicated by the fact that Cruz will be casting votes in the U.S. Senate for much of October. The U.S. House is set to adjourn until the midterms on Friday.

The final debate is scheduled for Oct. 16.

Spotted some really big Beto signs posted on houses and businesses in Mason and Burnet!  Saw a few Ted signs, but there were mostly on ranch fences, but there were definitely more Beto signs overall. 

Governor Greg Abbott describes Beto O'Rourke as 'cult like'

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is not running for re-election against Democrat Beto O'Rourke, but during an early morning interview on national television, it was clear the El Paso Democrat is on Abbott's mind.

For more than half of the 5-minute interview on Fox & Friends, Abbott talked about O'Rourke almost exclusively, never mentioning U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz -- the Republican O'Rourke is challenging in his campaign -- or Democrat Lupe Valdez, the Democrat running against Abbott this year.

"Listen, he's been a cult-like, very popular figure the way that he's run the campaign," Abbott said of O'Rourke.

Abbott said as people learn more about O'Rourke's positions on issues "Beto O'Rourke is going to sink." Abbott compared O'Rourke to Wendy Davis, the 2014 Democratic nominee for governor whom Abbott beat handily.

Abbott said O'Rourke wants higher taxes and open borders -- two claims about O'Rourke's platform that O'Rourke has said are not true.

Abbott, however, refused to get into questions about O'Rourke having a drunken driving arrest form 20 years ago. Asked if the arrest would affect the race, Abbott said no.

"In the end, I don't think that's going to matter all that much," Abbott said.

Ted Cruz has been running negative ads here in Texas. I just saw Beto's ad that was in response to the negative ads and I could not be more proud of him.  He said he is running to represent the people of Texas and America. You know Cruz only cares about his best interest.

Oh and Greg Abbott, he lives in another world than the people of Texas. 

Please, Texas, vote for Beto.

Ted just got an infusion of a million to save his campaign -- from outside the state.  This is a strong implication that GOP knows Beto is totally electable. 

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Ted just got an infusion of a million to save his campaign -- from outside the state.  This is a strong implication that GOP knows Beto is totally electable. 

A million dollars or rubles?

I will be on the courthouse steps at 8am on Oct. 22 to vote for Beto AND Lupe Valdez!

HEY HEY HO HO SLIMY TED HAS GOT TO GO! :banana-drums:

Archived