IGNORED

Frazer Family: Fundies in Quebec

albireo

Re: French in Canada -- I took a trip to Montreal last year (LOVED it), and there's no "oh shit I regret this decision" moment quite like responding to Bonjour-Hi with Bonjour, and then realizing that you are in way over your head and you should have said Hi. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

At least Sarah Maxwell doesn’t use Mommy and Daddy in her posts. 

And a pitchfork? Isn’t that typically a prop the DEVIL uses??

Mon Dieu! (My God!)

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 1:14 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Re: French in Canada -- I took a trip to Montreal last year (LOVED it), and there's no "oh shit I regret this decision" moment quite like responding to Bonjour-Hi with Bonjour, and then realizing that you are in way over your head and you should have said Hi. 

I busted out "¡Gracias!" at the end of a transaction in a shop in southern France this summer, and another time, said "Bonjour!" ever so politely when leaving a store. *shakes head*

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

On 10/1/2019 at 12:58 PM, QuaaludeDreams said:

Dear goodness. How old is Sarah? She looks 15.

I believe she is a legal adult. But she looks very young. I think she’s between 18 and 20 but I can’t say for certain.

• Thank You 2

23 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Wonder if they will have their own version of the bee theme for their wedding, since Jeremie is also a beekeeper.

I bet they will. I’m guessing her veil and dress will be a little different though. 

• Upvote 2

I looked at the Frazer blog. I dunno if you guys picked this up, but one of their blog tags was “miel”; they noticed that the first two letters of Michael and Elizabeth spelt “miel”, the French for honey. I like a good pun! I also quite liked the fact that Jill Rod went to “Joyful Noyes” homeschool. 

• Upvote 4

I never noticed the Frazers before. I am an Ontarian but my father is from Montreal(french mother, English father). His family were all Presbyterians. It's always interesting to see new fundies especially Canadian. I know they are around but other than Kendalyn I haven't heard of many.

• Upvote 2

On 10/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, petrushka said:

Resurrecting this thread with news that Sarah Frazer and Jeremie Rheaume got "pounded" recently:

https://www.frazerfamily.ca/blog/

Betting they will be married by the end of the year.

I will never get used to the name for this concept. Never. Ever. Ever. 

• Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Has anyone been able to find the ages of the bride and groom ?  I got carded until I was in my 30s  so I get looking really young . 

• Upvote 1

They have an About Us section on the blog but it’s just photos, no names or ages listed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

They have an About Us section on the blog but it’s just photos, no names or ages listed.

I think it’s pretty likely they are in the order of oldest to youngest in this line up. Which means Sarah is probably #7 of 9 kids. If you look back through the years on the blog, you get an idea of some of their ages. When I went through the blog and compared pictures, I thought Sarah was likely to be 18-20. I have no idea about Jereme. But he’s got to be older. My guess is close to 10 years older. You can also deduce from the blog that they were married in 1980. If they are like a lot of fundies, they had their first kid the next year. Which means their oldest son is probably 37/38. And if Elizabeth is second oldest, she’s probably mid 30s. 

0002754F-B2BB-4DE3-B3E6-C0C1EACA69E3.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I just hope they don't make us wait as long as Michael and Elizabeth did for their wedding.  They won't have immigration issues and I don't think beekeepers are particularly busy at the end of the year.  IMO, the only reason for these two to wait is to avoid a snowed in ceremony.  The fact that they already had their "pounding" makes me think they will be wed in a couple months.

• Upvote 3

I did some forensic analysis of the Frazer blog (counting candles on birthday cakes) to try to work out some birth dates. This is what I came up with:

David
Elizabeth
Jonathan
Nathanael - Jan 1991
Evelyn
Stephen - Feb 1997
Sarah
William - Nov 2000
Amy

If that's right, Sarah must be 19-21.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12

This is a Frazer side of the family photo at Michael and Elizabeth's wedding.

Do we know who the girl in the short dress is?

She sat at the very end of the front row- (along from Amy) during the ceremony. Another sister?

Screenshot_20191006-155809_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

She sat at the very end of the front row- (along from Amy) during the ceremony. Another sister?

No, she’s not another sister. Elizabeth only has three sisters and they are in the pic already. She’s also not one of the sisters in law. The picture isn’t all of the Frazers since she’s missing a couple of brothers too. 

• Thank You 2

17 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Holy frumpiness - how much I love this picture! Can't wait for the next Frazer wedding. Elizabeth looked so happy and radiant on her wedding day - I hope the same goes for her sister. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

Holy frumpiness - how much I love this picture! Can't wait for the next Frazer wedding. Elizabeth looked so happy and radiant on her wedding day - I hope the same goes for her sister. 

Sarah really looks happy with Jereme in the pounding pictures. I imagine she will look just as happy as Elizabeth on her wedding day. 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, she’s not another sister. Elizabeth only has three sisters and they are in the pic already. She’s also not one of the sisters in law. The picture isn’t all of the Frazers since she’s missing a couple of brothers too. 

I think she is a sister but left the cult. Her name is Jennifer Frazer. She’s on fb and she is listed as “sister in law” to Nate-Samantha Frazer. 

• Thank You 4

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think she is a sister but left the cult. Her name is Jennifer Frazer. She’s on fb and she is listed as “sister in law” to Nate-Samantha Frazer. 

That would be incredibly surprising if she wasn’t included at all in the family bio at all just because she left the cult.

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

That would be incredibly surprising if she wasn’t included at all in the family bio at all just because she left the cult.

Yeah I think so too. But I would find it weird if she was in the family pic if she isn’t a sister or SIL. Maybe she’s from a previous marriage or something?

• Upvote 2

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Yeah I think so too. But I would find it weird if she was in the family pic if she isn’t a sister or SIL. Maybe she’s from a previous marriage or something?

But it’s not a full family pic. Two of the Frazer brothers are missing from the pic. Maybe she’s a cousin.

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2019 at 11:38 AM, JeanieCat said:

I never noticed the Frazers before. I am an Ontarian but my father is from Montreal(french mother, English father). His family were all Presbyterians. It's always interesting to see new fundies especially Canadian. I know they are around but other than Kendalyn I haven't heard of many.

I live in a small town in southern ON, rich in Dutch Reformers and Mennonites. So many large, blond families. The Dutch Reform I find much more obnoxious than the old-order Mennonites, personally. They are prone to the "there are no abortion laws in Canada" lawn signs. UGH, IT'S REGULATED BY THE CANADIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, DUM DUMS!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1