IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 11: The Baby Watch Continues

Coconut Flan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how to quote directly from last thread but… 

I could see another Swanson marrying into the family. They are  pretty tight with the Duggars

My Money is also on another Swanson-Duggar marriage. And of course also a (Lauren) Caldwell-(insert Jed/Jer/Jason) Duggar marriage. 

That second photo looks like a pregnancy announcement photo to me. Who posts a photo where the husband look lovingly at his wifes stomach otherwise?

And now I can’t get in to the post ... :think:

7 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

That second photo looks like a pregnancy announcement photo to me. Who posts a photo where the husband look lovingly at his wifes stomach otherwise?

It looks more like he's gazing adoringly at her hand resting on his stomach. Maybe Josiah is pregnant?!

So while the username is still “siduggar”, the name underneath is a verified account of “Josiah and Lauren Duggar” so they must be planning to use it as a joint account. Perhaps they just don’t know they can change the user name?  Or maybe don’t want to for whatever reason?

34 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It looks more like he's gazing adoringly at her hand resting on his stomach. Maybe Josiah is pregnant?!

Now, THAT would be news that would get them their own spin off!

I predict she will be pregnant before this thread reaches Part 12.  Not much of a drastic prediction, but still . . .

I predict she’ll be pregnant before this part of the thread reach page 12.

I hope I’m wrong though. I hope they wait and get to be a couple without morning sickness and infants for at least a year. Really I hope they run far, far away from fundieland and never look back. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Is he looking at her stomach? I thought he was just looking down. 

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

Don't know how to quote directly from last thread but… 

My Money is also on another Swanson-Duggar marriage. And of course also a (Lauren) Caldwell-(insert Jed/Jer/Jason) Duggar marriage. 

I am not sure we will see a second pairing with either of these families. For the longest time people believed a Duggar-Bates pairing would be a done deal. Never happened. 

Just because people have roughly the same age and are around each other doesn’t make them friends or is enough ground for a romance. 

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I am not sure we will see a second pairing with either of these families. For the longest time people believed a Duggar-Bates pairing would be a done deal. Never happened. 

Just because people have roughly the same age and are around each other doesn’t make them friends or is enough ground for a romance. 

I wouldn't say "never happened" already when there are still a bunch of unmarried kids in both families! I don't think it's guaranteed to happen either, though.

I agree. I think it might be possible that there is a match further down the line with Bates/Duggars, meaning kids that aren't off age yet. Warden/Isiaiah or however you write his name with Hannie etc? or even further down, but it's quite unlikely for the already off aged ones to still be matched up 

I personally would really not like to see Jana/Lawson happen, and the other possible match would be Katie with whomever of the twins or Jason (? really blanking on names today). Trace and Jana would be just as ridiculous as Lawson and Jana, or Nate and Jana.

Seeing one of the three older Duggar boys (the 18+) with Lauren Caldwell or whatever younger Swanson sister is a lot more likely, because they could be in a getting to know each other phase right now, whereas Jana with the Bates boys would've been there long time ago.

Hopefully, I'm not gonna eat my words and watch Katie getting into a courtship come her 18th birthday.. 

There are 11 single Duggars and 12 single Bates so ”never” seems a bit premature. 

If you count the third generations there are 17 single Duggars (+6 that aren’t Duggars by name, but still family. And counting!) and 14 single Bates (+6, soon +7). 

A Jeb-Meredith pairing in 2033 seems possible. 

I’d say he has one eye on her stomach and one on her boob. 

B0C280C3-8381-422B-A1DD-F5B52046C17D.jpeg

I'm catching up on Counting On and there was just a moment where Lauren is talking *about* Josiah while doing the Fundie Stare at him and it's just so weird. "I'd like Josiah to have a beard at our wedding," she says while staring directly at him. "It's up to him though." It's almost like she is talking about him as if he's not even in the room while staring at him right next to her. I'm sure this has happened other times because of how often the Fundie Stare is employed in the Duggar family but for some reason this moment played a little extra weird for me.

55 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I agree. I think it might be possible that there is a match further down the line with Bates/Duggars, meaning kids that aren't off age yet. Warden/Isiaiah or however you write his name with Hannie etc? or even further down, but it's quite unlikely for the already off aged ones to still be matched up 

I personally would really not like to see Jana/Lawson happen, and the other possible match would be Katie with whomever of the twins or Jason (? really blanking on names today). Trace and Jana would be just as ridiculous as Lawson and Jana, or Nate and Jana.

Seeing one of the three older Duggar boys (the 18+) with Lauren Caldwell or whatever younger Swanson sister is a lot more likely, because they could be in a getting to know each other phase right now, whereas Jana with the Bates boys would've been there long time ago.

Hopefully, I'm not gonna eat my words and watch Katie getting into a courtship come her 18th birthday.. 

I wonder what the Bates actually think about the Duggars behind closed doors. I’m not sure they are as close friends as they’d like us believe and I wonder if Gil and Kelly would like one of their children, especially a girl, to marry into the scandal-struck Duggar fam and essentially become a relative of Derick and Co. 

Lauren’s parents definitely have money. I wonder if the home in Georgia was the Grandmothers, it was pretty dated decor compared to their Arkansas house. 

They need better production, the episode just jumped all over the place. Nothing was really that interesting, including the engagement.  That was a very  lackluster proposal, not in terms of how it was set up, it just had no emotion.

I actually liked the engagement. I think Dwain is a lot less awkward than some of the other engagement-episode chaperones we've seen; he's basically JB but less gimicky lol. And I wouldn't mind a simple proposal like that (maybe not a walk amongst hay bales per se...) and it was a sweet moment I thought. Couldn't tell what exactly Si said as he popped the Q but they both did seem genuine in the moment. 

I'm thinking the Swanson's in GA were at Lana's mom's house or something. 

Lauren looks so young. I wish that they were heading off to university together and not soon to be planning a baby shower. *Sigh* 

I think the engagement was thoughtful. But creepy. I was kind of struck by how much her family was fawning all over him. I wondered if he likes it in her family because he's a big fish in a little pond. Whereas at home - he's just one of a million guppies. 

My husband was sleeping when it was on and woke up to them saying they'd save their first kiss for marriage and he was like "WHAT?? Why?" - hard to explain the Duggars...

This may have been mentioned before but Duke Swanson is a combo of Ron Swanson and his jazz musician alter-ego Duke Silver. 

I'd be surprised if there were fundie Parks and Rec fans, though.

16 minutes ago, TatertotAsserole said:

This may have been mentioned before but Duke Swanson is a combo of Ron Swanson and his jazz musician alter-ego Duke Silver. 

Yes! I thought this immediately when I heard the name. I really hope they give that kid saxophone lessons.

Laurens father did seem genuinely moved and his tears heartfelt during the wedding. It was extra touching coming from a fundie male. I could believe Josiah is more at ease with Lauren's family than his own. He was raised by a sister mom, not Michelle. Dwain already seems noticeably kinder and more appreciative of Josiah than JB ever was. 

1 minute ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Laurens father did seem genuinely moved and his tears heartfelt during the wedding. It was extra touching coming from a fundie male. I could believe Josiah is more at ease with Lauren's family than his own. He was raised by a sister mom, not Michelle. 

I don't think Josiah was technically raised by a sister mom. It started with Joy. Josiah was said to be the buddy of John or something. 

19 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I'm catching up on Counting On and there was just a moment where Lauren is talking *about* Josiah while doing the Fundie Stare at him and it's just so weird. "I'd like Josiah to have a beard at our wedding," she says while staring directly at him. "It's up to him though." It's almost like she is talking about him as if he's not even in the room while staring at him right next to her. I'm sure this has happened other times because of how often the Fundie Stare is employed in the Duggar family but for some reason this moment played a little extra weird for me.

I think she talks to / about him the way a mom talks about a child. Same inflection, same topics.  

This couple is just weird. I’m sorry, I keep TRYING to find some kind of genuine spark, and I’m just not. 

Even the proposal, it felt a lot like that awful leftover taco super special date.

He was apparently obsessing over everything being perfect- and making it sound like some huge elaborate, detailed, extravaganza with multiple moving parts - -  but it was settting up a string of lights and some flower petals and a photo on a table. In a field her family owns. Where they already were.  I get the sentimental value, and like the simplicity.......but..... his stated intensity of effort did not seem to match with the actual situation. 

The whole relationship seems that way. Look how in LOVE we Are! Tears! But ALSO, please do not forget I am a manly man as evidenced by my playing football and making many jokey manly statements! 

I hope they are happy. I really, truly, do. And she strikes me as a very sensible, capable young woman. Her family seems to love him to pieces. 

I thought Josiah's proposal was nice, especially since he said that Lauren 'likes simple'. It was a nice, simple, but very thoughtful proposal. Worlds better than his 'attempt' at cooking her a meal. I wonder what happened there.

I still get such a sad/worrying vibe from Josiah. (I don't mean that I'm worried he's going to do something. It's more like he's forcing himself to do something that his heart's not into. All that talk about it being 'time' that he got married...)

On the other hand, I kind of like Lauren. I hate that people keep criticizing her voice. Most of us can't help our voices, and I really don't think she's 'faking' her voice. She seems calm and collected and she also strikes me as a person who knows exactly what she wants. It's interesting, she's so young and yet I never get the sense that she had any ambivalence about this relationship or about Josiah. That all seems to be on his side. I also like that she's not afraid to tell him when his jokes suck, haha. 

I really hope I'm wrong about Josiah and the weirdness is just down to nerves. And I hope Lauren is happy with what she's chosen.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived