IGNORED

Last post / apology

CloakNDagger

39 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Thanks for that!

Do you know where to find a list of the user title updates? The user title update thread hasn’t been active since 2017. I’m curious to see what titles have been retired and what they’ve been replaced with.

This is the active user title suggestion thread but I don’t know the last time they were actually updated.

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

This is the active user title suggestion thread but I don’t know the last time they were actually updated.

If memory serves, we haven't done them in a while because there's just too many of them already and the ones that we already have take us up much higher than any poster has posts.

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We're talking a change in group names not user titles.  :)

Thanks!

But @Palimpsest said: “Did that change at the same time a whole load of members suddenly became "the Elderly" and we dropped the "You are Going to Hell" thing that upset so many new posters?  I'm truly glad that last one is gone.”

What did “You’re all going to Hell” get replaced with?

(Apologies to the OP for distracting on their very nice thread)

We still have "You're all going to hell."  That is a user title/rank and goes with people who have less than five posts.

The member groups are what give you privileges while the rank/title is more for fun.  

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We still have "You're all going to hell."  That is a user title/rank and goes with people who have less than five posts.

The member groups are what give you privileges while the rank/title is more for fun.  

Thanks for the correction! I do love the user titles.

@Palimpsest I guess it hasn’t changed? Or do you still think it has?

2 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Oh, I've been wrong many times before and I am very sure I will be wrong again.  I have no problems admitting when I am wrong. :)

I could have sworn it had disappeared but I must have dreamed it.   Perhaps it was wishful thinking because I hate sensitive newbies having that OMG reaction to the "You are all going to Hell" thing and people having to explain it is just a silly joke.

28 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Thanks for the correction! I do love the user titles.

It has not changed, and is not likely to in the near future.

On 8/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, Palimpsest said:

Oh, I've been wrong many times before and I am very sure I will be wrong again.  I have no problems admitting when I am wrong. :)

I could have sworn it had disappeared but I must have dreamed it.   Perhaps it was wishful thinking because I hate sensitive newbies having that OMG reaction to the "You are all going to Hell" thing and people having to explain it is just a silly joke.

Maybe it helps weed out the super sensitive snowflakes, then. That's a good thing.

32 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Maybe it helps weed out the super sensitive snowflakes, then. That's a good thing.

Nah. The people who get gobsmacked by it are usually not the super sensitive snowflakes.  The super sensitive are more focused on their snowflake posts and don't notice the designation.  

The aware and thoughtful get upset.  The ones who notice it, once reassured, usually end up as observant and good posters.

I do think it is a bit off-putting.

I don't urgently want it to change, mostly because I don't have the time to volunteer to update all the designations, all of which are funny, but some of them are way out of date.

OK, challenge here.  Where does "Bathroom Baby" come from?  And why?

I remember, but how many Free Jingerites do?  We have not discussed Jenna here for ages.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Nah. The people who get gobsmacked by it are usually not the super sensitive snowflakes.  The super sensitive are more focused on their snowflake posts and don't notice the designation.  

The aware and thoughtful get upset.  The ones who notice it, once reassured, usually end up as observant and good posters.

I do think it is a bit off-putting.

I don't urgently want it to change, mostly because I don't have the time to volunteer to update all the designations, all of which are funny, but some of them are way out of date.

I remember, but how many Free Jingerites do?  We have not discussed Jenna here for ages.

Okay, as a relatively kind of newish elder, I'm wagering a guess without research:

Spoiler

A fundie blogger housewife in a small apartment had her baby sleeping in a pack n play in the bathroom. If I recall correctly, they had two bedrooms but one had to be an office. 

Am I right? Haha

Honestly, I'm sensitive in general but I kind of like the learning curve with this type of thing. Sometimes it's embarrassing but overall it's fun. I kind of hope a lot of the older designations don't change, as long as they have snarky/interesting stories behind them.

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I remember. I think, because she's no longer fundie, she's irrelevant. Oh, hell, she's irrelevant anyway. Tiresome twit.

33 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yeah, do not try to mess with my life.  :goldfishsad:

There is no way I'm going through all of those designations any time soon.  There are a couple of lists explaining the origin of most of them.  In my spare time (what is that again?) I'm doing an updated version since the post that was holding them imploded due to size.  

28 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Honestly, I'm sensitive in general but I kind of like the learning curve with this type of thing. Sometimes it's embarrassing but overall it's fun. I kind of hope a lot of the older designations don't change, as long as they have snarky/interesting stories behind them.

There are no current plans to change them as they represent forum history.

37 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yeah, do not try to mess with my life.  :goldfishsad:

Yowser!

Hell no.  I was not trying to mess with your life!  Did you get stuck with managing  the whatchimacallits?  My sympathies.  And aren't you glad FJ stopped updating them?

My point was that if I felt really strongly (and had time) I'd volunteer to slap 'em into shape for you.  I don't feel that strongly and don't have time at the moment.  

37 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

There are no current plans to change them as they represent forum history.

I love you, but "forum history" might be seriously over-rated.   And nothing should ever be written in stone.

I was just having a little moan.  I didn't mean to get anyone's  knickers into this much of a twist.

Peace.  

Yeah, I got stuck with the whatchimacallits.  They're my least favorite thing to work on.  Um, theoretically someday I'll update them again.  We have far too many suggestions to use them all unless we have them change every five posts or so or we use them for post counts we'll probably never see.  

My knickers aren't twisted about it.   Really.  Not unless someone comes after me with a pitchfork to get busy.   

Eh, well, we have some people very fond of "forum history."  It could create some intense discussions.  At this point if we want to keep discussing, I should offer to set up a thread and move the discussion to Community Discussion.  I mean that very, very nicely. 

This could be an occasion where my lack of using lots of words is leading to a misunderstanding or it appearing that I'm taking this far more seriously than I am.  I was trying to be humorous and missed.

ETA:  I can't believe that last post didn't take until I tried five times.  At least I can remove it if they all decide to eventually post.

@Coconut Flan, all is fine.  We could move to Community Discussion but I would be willing to bet no-one else cares about it!  

I just want to add that I love all our volunteer Admins and Helpmeets.  You all do a great job.

"You're all going to hell" cracks me up every time I see it. I always picture a doe eyed fundie stumbling into a frat party or something. 

3 hours ago, DaisyD said:

"You're all going to hell" cracks me up every time I see it. I always picture a doe eyed fundie stumbling into a frat party or something. 

And this is an argument for keeping it!  "You are all going to Hell" was literally (in the true sense of literally) the opening salvo from quite a few Fundies that stumbled on to Free Jinger in the olden days.

We haven't had a Fundie Friday for ages.  Or am I tempting fate again?   :laughing-jumpingpurple:

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I always thought it was a reference to Anna giving birth on the toilet! I don't know who Jenna is. 

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And this is an argument for keeping it!  "You are all going to Hell" was literally (in the true sense of literally) the opening salvo from quite a few Fundies that stumbled on to Free Jinger in the olden days.

We haven't had a Fundie Friday for ages.  Or am I tempting fate again?   :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I love Fundie Fridays (or any day, for that matter). Please, tempt fate. :pb_lol:

11 hours ago, helenprev said:

I always thought it was a reference to Anna giving birth on the toilet! I don't know who Jenna is. 

That’s why I’m all for keeping old post titles! They may inspire those who missed the discussions in real time to go down the rabbit hole ?

(Jenna, besides relegating her baby to sleep in the bathroom so the second bedroom could be her pristine study, also used a powerpoint presentation of religious reasons to convince her now-husband to marry her, and he in turn physically locked up the cheese so she would lose weight. It was a bonkers time. She’s now anti-religious, but still extremist in her new interests, and still very, very, very self-absorbed.)

I made posts about it in The Handmaid’s Tale threads, but the main actress has striking facial similarities with Jenna (ie ThatWife) and it bothered me SO much!

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

(Jenna, besides relegating her baby to sleep in the bathroom so the second bedroom could be her pristine study, also used a powerpoint presentation of religious reasons to convince her now-husband to marry her, and he in turn physically locked up the cheese so she would lose weight. It was a bonkers time. She’s now anti-religious, but still extremist in her new interests, and still very, very, very self-absorbed.)

Oh my word. I need to go and find more! Thanks!

Archived