IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

For me, that's a big chunk of the PROBLEM. If Mark is at his limit with time management and ability- work, commute, household duties- and you're past your limit and have been running on empty for a while, the adults need to come up with solutions to make the running of your household possible without these frequent crises. Since Sierra is both very pregnant and completely emotionally spun out right now, that makes it MARK'S job. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

22 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

For me, that's a big chunk of the PROBLEM. If Mark is at his limit with time management and ability- work, commute, household duties- and you're past your limit and have been running on empty for a while, the adults need to come up with solutions to make the running of your household possible without these frequent crises. Since Sierra is both very pregnant and completely emotionally spun out right now, that makes it MARK'S job. 

Bolder mine.

My suggestion for one solution: 

Spoiler

BB941A77-048B-4604-B2D3-FF9DE3001C78.jpeg.7033d2fa10d71bec3710ec06c2f131dd.jpeg

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

+1 for snark (I do agree), but even without adding more kids to the mix Sierra is drowning. She's obviously not admitting it when asked directly, but damn girl is struggling. I was thinking stuff like: hire a middle schooler from their church to help out for an hour after school (dishes, laundry, cutting up snacks, small chores that would be a small break), switch to making orders of groceries online and paying a teen with their first car to do the pick up and drop off (at 16, the joy of driving had not worn thin and a side job easily arranged around school and a regular work schedule would have been appreciated personally), using low cost babysitters to take the youngest kids for a few hours on Saturdays so the adults can concentrate on getting big chores done without distractions, stuff like that. Get Sierra some Zoloft maybe. Lord knows I'd be depressed as hell

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

ZERO sympathy for her or her useless husband. This is the definition of recklessness.

I feel badly for the kids, the current and who knows how many future ones.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Bolder mine.

My suggestion for one solution: 

Hide contents

BB941A77-048B-4604-B2D3-FF9DE3001C78.jpeg.7033d2fa10d71bec3710ec06c2f131dd.jpeg

In addition to the above, stop homeschooling. Private if they can afford it, otherwise public. Get the older kids out of the house for several hours per weekday, then she could dedicate more time to the babies. And maybe even sneak in a bit of downtime during naps once in a while. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 10

Anyone else notice that Sierra gives a feminist gloss to her depiction of household duties but she, Mark and her commenters are 100% talking about how mothers are perfectly happy to help out their daughters when in need? Sons need not apply, dads can help when they feel like it. Much equality, so feminist

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The thing for me isn't even that I care how many kids she has. If she wants a bajillion, fine. My biggest hang up with her is just "What's your point?" If you're not recklessly overwhelmed, if your husband is awesome and a great big help, and everything is fine, then what's your overarching point, Sierra? What IS the takeaway you're going for? I feel like you're trying so hard to be inspirational but it's not panning out the way you want. If you don't want to be put in a box, be more clear about what box you actually belong in, please, because it seems like you're having a tough time all the time.

It reads like a dear diary from inside captivity and not the whole "you can do it, mama" thing she wants it to be like. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, catlady said:

In addition to the above, stop homeschooling. Private if they can afford it, otherwise public. Get the older kids out of the house for several hours per weekday, then she could dedicate more time to the babies. And maybe even sneak in a bit of downtime during naps once in a while. 

I mean, shit... they pay taxes, right?  They’re paying for everyone else’s kids in public school.  May as well have their own added.

I feel somewhat bad for her because she really is drowning, I understand.  But then I don’t think any of this will convince her to start taking some preventative action.  She suffers, the kids suffer.

I have two kids 4 years apart in age.  Sometimes even I have trouble keeping up and feeling present in their lives (hello, I’m on FJ right now while the unwind after school).  These people can never convince me that they are there for every one of their children.  There are only so many hours in the day. 

Maybe she’s just obliviously posting for attention and to get some recognition for being “such a good mom”, but it really screams drowning. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

On 8/26/2019 at 1:44 PM, FecundFundieFundus said:

+1 for snark (I do agree), but even without adding more kids to the mix Sierra is drowning. She's obviously not admitting it when asked directly, but damn girl is struggling. I was thinking stuff like: hire a middle schooler from their church to help out for an hour after school (dishes, laundry, cutting up snacks, small chores that would be a small break), switch to making orders of groceries online and paying a teen with their first car to do the pick up and drop off (at 16, the joy of driving had not worn thin and a side job easily arranged around school and a regular work schedule would have been appreciated personally), using low cost babysitters to take the youngest kids for a few hours on Saturdays so the adults can concentrate on getting big chores done without distractions, stuff like that. Get Sierra some Zoloft maybe. Lord knows I'd be depressed as hell

Ugh I can’t imagine what those first 6 weeks of Zoloft side effects would do to her...

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Ugh I can’t imagine what those first 6 weeks of Zoloft side effects would do to her...

HA! I didn't even think about that. Now I'm wondering if the sheer hurricane that therapy would unleash makes it better for her day to day to keep avoiding. 

The reason I say that, and obvious speculation ahead, I had said I think she could have PTSD or at the very least quite a bit of unexamined trauma. My personal experience with that has been that every breakthrough comes with a heavy price in terms of stability and ability to function. Idk if she has the mental energy to even go near anything that her brain is screaming at her to avoid thinking about. When you first accept things it's... Messy. So messy. From my support groups that seems to be a very common reaction. Not a doctor though. 

Mark, if you ever read this- get a nanny so Sierra can go to therapy, maybe have a breakdown and then rebuild. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

Sierra just posted some clips on Instagram live and I’m not sure whether what she’s saying is making any sense. She seems so dead serious but maybe she’s joking? Help me out and explain please, guys!

She goes on and on about trying to not be political but not speaking up would be blasphemy and she needs to comment on the Chick Fil-A vs Popeyes debate. She also references chickens and being a pregnant mum if six. Look, maybe this is a long-awaited contribution to some important debate but I’m just confused... and worried for her mental well-being. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Sierra just posted some clips on Instagram live and I’m not sure whether what she’s saying is making any sense. She seems so dead serious but maybe she’s joking? Help me out and explain please, guys!

She goes on and on about trying to not be political but not speaking up would be blasphemy and she needs to comment on the Chick Fil-A vs Popeyes debate. She also references chickens and being a pregnant mum if six. Look, maybe this is a long-awaited contribution to some important debate but I’m just confused... and worried for her mental well-being. 

I know right?! Me too. I am just not sure if she is trying to come off sarcastic or funny or whatever.. weird vibes! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I watched the entire video sequence (when I first posted about it earlier, Sierra wasn’t done talking yet) and while she maybe wants to come across as cute or something, I’d guess she’s serious. Isn’t Chick Fil-A a Christian company? Maybe that’s why?? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

I watched the entire video sequence (when I first posted about it earlier, Sierra wasn’t done talking yet) and while she maybe wants to come across as cute or something, I’d guess she’s serious. Isn’t Chick Fil-A a Christian company? Maybe that’s why?? 

Yes. They’re the Chicken restaurant closed on Sundays (because Jesus) and who’s owner (or CEO or someone) still makes donations to homophobic groups despite claiming they don’t. Or something like that. Suffice to say, the individual employees may be nice people, but the company isn’t LGBTQ+ friendly. So pretty much exactly the type of restaurant you’d expect the Duggars, Bateses, and their friends to love (because, again, Jesus.)

I can’t personally attest to the quality of their food as I refuse to eat there. I’ve seen some mixed reviews - it seems like people are either obsessed with it or hate it with no real in between. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

People are real weird about their Chick Fil-A.

I feel like it's kind of a thing for ultra-conservative religious types in the South to worship Chick Fil-A like an idol. Like, it's not just that they like the taste of the chicken, they like that they're closed on Sundays, they like the company's stance on LBGTQ+ issues, they like that the employees there have what they see as good old fashioned Southern nice manners. I know people who love Chick Fil-A because of this. I'm related to people who love Chick Fil-A because of this.

I grew up with Chick Fil-A. It was primarily a mall food court thing when I was really little, so for me I can think of being in a mall in South Carolina in the late 80s and I can pretty much smell Chick Fil-A lemonade and waffle fries. (No joke, when I watched the third season of Stranger Things, all of those 80s mall scenes had me smelling that chicken in my mind.) Then when I was in elementary school our town got a stand-alone Chick Fil-A that was just a drive thru. Parents would come to pick you up at your after school activity or soccer practice and half the kids would be handed hot bags of Chick Fil-A as they climbed into the family minivan.

Back then I didn't think anything of them being closed on Sundays because a lot of things were closed or opened late on Sundays where I grew up. Now I think it's definitely a very weird thing that they still cling to that closed on Sundays deal. As a non-religious, liberal person who happens to have been born and raised in the Bible Belt, now when I think of Chick Fil-A I see it as kind of a metaphor for things and people in the South who refuse to adapt to changing times, changing people, changing lifestyles. Like, people cling to Chick Fil-A because it reminds them of a civilization Gone With the Wind.... As much as Chick Fil-A is very much an extremely nostalgic thing for me personally, I can't eat it without mixed feelings. Like the chicken, hate the politics.

So long story short, I didn't listen to Sierra's diatribe about Chick Fil-A, but if I had to wager a guess, I'm 1000% sure that she's team Chick Fil-A because Chick Fil-A loves Jesus and good old fashioned Southern values and all that crap.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I’m impressed that anyone managed to watch that entire insta story when I was exhausted just having to tap SIXTY ONE TIMES to get it to go away. Also she always films herself at such an unflattering angle I can’t deal with it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Sairrr said:

I’m impressed that anyone managed to watch that entire insta story when I was exhausted just having to tap SIXTY ONE TIMES to get it to go away. Also she always films herself at such an unflattering angle I can’t deal with it.

It was painful to watch but I took one for the team.

Seriously though, I just couldn’t look away from all this weirdness. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Sierra took a swing and a miss on that video. She was trying to do that “quirky dramatic mom in the car” style of rant to go viral but instead it was almost unintelligible. 

Chick fil a has very good food as far as quick service/fast food options go. When I used to drive from Atlanta to Florida frequently, I would stop at one on the state line because they were consistently good in terms of food, cleanliness, friendliness, and getting my order correct. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Chik-Fil-A is weird where I am in Southern California. There was only one in my city of half a million people until the last few years, and now there are at least three. And I live in a quite gay "liberal bubble" so I don't know how much the bad homophobia press really effected its popularity.

I had it once. I would rank it as better than fast food chicken sandwiches from McDonald's and the like, but not as good as places that specialize in actual pieces of fried chicken, like Popeye's and KFC. Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles more or less rules the local fried chicken scene.

Raising Cane's is insanely popular. I've never driven by it without an In-N-Out-esq line wrapping around the building and I know they're opening up more. I haven't tried it yet though.

IMO it's hard to make fried chicken NOT delicious, haha. So any investment I have in chicken wars is most likely not going to be flavor-based.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sairrr said:

My thoughts exactly! I kept clicking and clicking and clicking (and thinking WTF could she possibly be so animated about for so long?) Now I know!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Chik-Fil-A is weird where I am in Southern California. There was only one in my city of half a million people until the last few years, and now there are at least three. And I live in a quite gay "liberal bubble" so I don't know how much the bad homophobia press really effected its popularity.

It's not so much a thing where I am, but some of my online queer buds from the south LOVE CFA too. Songs like "My Pleasure" (Jaron Myers) or "Chow Down (at Chik-Fil-A)" (William Belli, ft Detox and Vicky Vox) seem to indicate it really does have some kind of strong regional relevance. Fast food as a personality trait is not my thing lol

• Upvote 3

I mean, I can’t lie, Chick-fil-a is life where I’m from, no matter the political affiliation or orientation. Heck, my gay bff will visit like 4 Chick-fil-a’s on teacher appreciation day just to get multiple sandwiches ?

I get it at least weekly. The service can’t be beat. Yesterday, the line wrapped around the building twice. Still in/out faster than McDonald’s (and I live a blue county in Georgia). 

I can completely understand why many people can’t and won’t support the business, and that’s fine. I’ve also had family work in high positions with the company, so I’m slightly biased. But just thinking about the sandwich with honey mustard makes my mouth water!

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I feel like it's kind of a thing for ultra-conservative religious types in the South to worship Chick Fil-A like an idol. Like, it's not just that they like the taste of the chicken, they like that they're closed on Sundays, they like the company's stance on LBGTQ+ issues, they like that the employees there have what they see as good old fashioned Southern nice manners. I know people who love Chick Fil-A because of this. I'm related to people who love Chick Fil-A because of this.

Ding Ding Ding. Chik Fil A was the only place many girls from my homeschool group were allowed to work. Pretty sure it was because it taught them Service with a Smile (TM), the most important skill for fundie/FL women. My mom tried to get me to work there, but my first job ended up being at godless Jimmy John's. 

At this point, I can't tell if Sierra is legitimately losing it and trying to put up a brave front, or trying to do that whole "life is a little tough right now but look how strong I am for getting through this hard time because JESUS and suffering makes us holy" thing that I often see from fundies. The two look frighteningly similar from the outside and I'm genuinely not sure which it is. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic