IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, mstee said:

Kind of random but I went to look for her Instagram profile and went to Joy’s to find it and they aren’t even friends. I thought in previous episodes they showed them as close? 

I think that relationship was manufactured to showcase Joy ahead of her courtship with Austin.  It never rang true to me...why would a 19yo be hanging out with someone Jessa's age who already had multiple kids?  When did Joy ever express interest in party planning?  They've never hung out since, even though we've seen Jessa and Jill with Sierra.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

Actually Sierra was a bridesmaid for Joy. They were definitely closer at one point. Not sure what's happened since then, if anything.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wouldn't post anything about my kids that I wouldn't want them reading. 

That’s what I do too. I only have Facebook and not that many friends but I always think about what I think Miniway would be ok with seeing posted about himself. I never complain about him publicly. He is a handfull and a half right now but I vent that with my husband and friends in private. If he ever starts digging deep into my old history I want him to see nothing but love and the occational funny story. Nothing bad, nothing embarrassing. He can make those choices himself when he’s older. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, mstee said:

I was raised as an only child who had a mom who was easily overwhelmed or annoyed and even though she claims she “protected” me from her feelings, I always knew. 

This is one of the biggest reasons I was terrified of having kids. Unfortunately I am easily overwhelmed/annoyed & I don't hide any of my feelings well & I never wanted to do that to my kids (my mom was the same way & she didn't hide her feelings of annoyance at all) That really affects kids. 

*By the way, never ended up having kids (not by choice) but I know in my heart it was best that way. (for my sake and the sake of my would be children) No child deserves that. 

Edited by mollysmom
Added a thought.
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 18

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That’s what I do too. I only have Facebook and not that many friends but I always think about what I think Miniway would be ok with seeing posted about himself. I never complain about him publicly. He is a handfull and a half right now but I vent that with my husband and friends in private. If he ever starts digging deep into my old history I want him to see nothing but love and the occational funny story. Nothing bad, nothing embarrassing. He can make those choices himself when he’s older. 

Same. I hate people posting potty pictures, and none of my friends who are also parents complain like Sierra does. That would hurt a child so badly to see that later. ? 

I used to post a lot more cute sayings by my kid, but she asked that I stop a few years ago. I respect her, so I did. Occasionally I’ll ask permission to post something especially funny, and If she grants it, I post it. I’d hate for her to look back at posts (mine aren’t public, but Sierra’s are) and see such frustration and sadness with parenting.

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually Sierra was a bridesmaid for Joy. They were definitely closer at one point. Not sure what's happened since then, if anything.

Perhaps Joy just can't take Sierra's whining about too many kids right now, or Sierra's overly perky fake online persona is just annoying to her in general. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

For crying out loud.  Sierra - it is hard to take your laundry room meltdown story seriously when this morning you had a series of how to make some dessert posts.  Perhaps if she were to stop trying to be an Instagram 'influencer' and got down to real life, laundry wouldn't be so flipping overwhelming.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sierra's IG story shows that she spent $162 on floral maternity dresses from Pink Blush. Fundie mega family economics continue to confound.

I would say, if she's been pregnant 7 times in a decade, why would she need any new maternity clothes at this point? But if she's buying from Pink Blush, that explains it. I had a pair of pants from Pink Blush that split up the side the second time I wore them during my last pregnancy. That was a real banner day for me.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 5

But is Sierra keeping her maternity clothes?  I ask because this is the woman who purged baby clothes (for the girls) and then got immediately pregnant.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I don’t defend the amount she spent, but I will say that my maternity clothes were not great quality and didn’t last long.  Especially the Motherhood ones.  I would buy shirts and pants and they would pill, the threads would come out of the seams, they’d appear very thin after a few washes, etc.  I have a maternity T shirt I kept back because the thread came out of the bottom hem. I wear it as a “lazy day” shirt now because I couldn’t bring myself to give it away. I have other t-shirts that haven’t done that.

If she’s wearing maternity clothes most of the time (because she’s always pregnant), I am sure she does need to refresh her wardrobe. 

But as @clueliss pointed out, she has made stupid decisions in the past and may not have kept anything anyway. 

• Upvote 14

I’m on my first pregnancy, but I’ve noticed that maternity clothes don’t seem super high quality. Except my two dresses from Seraphine— those are about on par with the quality I usually wear. 

• Upvote 9

On 8/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, Screamapillar said:

Sierra's IG story shows that she spent $162 on floral maternity dresses from Pink Blush. Fundie mega family economics continue to confound.

I would say, if she's been pregnant 7 times in a decade, why would she need any new maternity clothes at this point? But if she's buying from Pink Blush, that explains it. I had a pair of pants from Pink Blush that split up the side the second time I wore them during my last pregnancy. That was a real banner day for me.

Do you think she's getting them free in exchange for promoting them? I agree that I can't understand the economics of this family. I want to see their credit card statement.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do you think she's getting them free in exchange for promoting them? I agree that I can't understand the economics of this family. I want to see their credit card statement.

Considering she showed the receipt, I don’t think she got them for free. If she did, she certainly went to great lengths attempting to pretend she paid for them herself. 

Another thought: If she intends to become pregnant again, it makes sense to keep buying maternity clothes. However, if this is supposed to be her last baby, buying multiple dresses at 8 or 9 months pregnant seems wasteful. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Considering she showed the receipt, I don’t think she got them for free. If she did, she certainly went to great lengths attempting to pretend she paid for them herself. 

Another thought: If she intends to become pregnant again, it makes sense to keep buying maternity clothes. However, if this is supposed to be her last baby, buying multiple dresses at 8 or 9 months pregnant seems wasteful. 

Wait, did she say this?? I must have missed it. I was under the impression that she was still intending to be quiverfull. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Wait, did she say this?? I must have missed it. I was under the impression that she was still intending to be quiverfull. 

No, she didn’t say that. Sorry if I haven’t made myself clear. I just thought considering she has health struggles and frequently seems overwhelmed and close to tears, it just MIGHT be her last baby. But from the information she posts publicly, we can/should still assume she’s quiverfull. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I swear no matter the brand the quality of maturnity clothes never matches the price... I think they are job at banking on people not wearing them long enough to fall apart. Surprisingly target maturnity clothes have held up the best for me.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I swear no matter the brand the quality of maturnity clothes never matches the price... I think they are job at banking on people not wearing them long enough to fall apart. Surprisingly target maturnity clothes have held up the best for me.  

I’ve gotten almost all of my maternity clothes at a Target because I’m cheap and don’t need nice work clothes. They lasted through my last pregnancy and it looks like they’ll last through the rest of this one too. Target for the win!

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’ve gotten almost all of my maternity clothes at a Target because I’m cheap and don’t need nice work clothes. They lasted through my last pregnancy and it looks like they’ll last through the rest of this one too. Target for the win!

Yes! Target and Old Navy are both reasonably priced and lasted for two pregnancies for me! I never paid for the expensive stuff. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Sierra seems to be loosing it. I feel bad for her. In her latest post she had a mental breakdown, emotional may be a better word. Mark had her call her parents to help her with the house. It’s great that her parents did that. It’s sad that they had to help her because of the number of kids she has. I know mark works and all but he needs to step up more and help. Him giving her ice cream in the tub isn’t enough. 

I feel sorry for her kids. They are the ones taking the brunt of it. Less food, assuming mark doesn’t get a raise. Less time with mom and dad. Less space.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

Seriously. Calling your mom and dad isn't a long term solution. Life with a newborn and so many kids isn't going to be THAT much less stressful than it is right now, plus the (horrifying) thought they might not slow down on the baby making... Something's gotta give. Mark better be brainstorming in the background for actual steps to make Sierra's workload more manageable. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

How much of a loser do you have to be to respond to that with “your parents will help you clean the house” instead of “I’LL help you clean the house”? Lordy, these fundie men.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

She needs to stop having kids.  Having a “normal” child is a lottery.  She’s not coping now, how on earth would she cope if she ends up with a high needs child?  My son, now 19, has been a huge challenge since he was a baby, and in so many ways it’s still so hard, and his disabilities (Aspergers, ADHD, ODD, dyspraxia and now depression) are minor compared to so many other kids.   I know my daughter missed out on so much because I was busy dealing with his issues.  And I only had two kids to share myself around, not eleventy or however many Sierra has.  Just stop having kids.  Mark, man up, put a condom on after this one is born.

(Not saying she IS going to have a special needs child just that it’s a gamble.  No one thinks they will; I certainly didn’t, but it happens.)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 21

I have some clothes from motherhood maternity that I wore through two pregnancies and are now trash. I'll have to replenish if we have a third baby. Maternity leggings are life though. I'll wear those the rest of my life pregnant or not. 

Sierra is posting about nesting on IG right now. Nesting motivation is the best motivation I've ever felt. I wish I could bottle that feeling and use it at will. I used to have a crazy list of demands we were working through all the way up to delivery. My husband is type A and loved it though. "What's on the agenda this weekend?" he'd ask, and I'd launch into all of my plans. He was all about it. I fantasize about what we'd get done if I could be like that all the time!  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

08333AD7-6617-4D32-A03E-D5CF019332ED.thumb.jpeg.dcc5f7ab5a302b0a6c22388306b17029.jpeg

sierra, no one is saying he doesn’t ever help. People are concerned because you keep having more kids and it seems you can’t handle the ones you have. It’s not fair for you or mark to keep having kids and him not being able to spend time with them because he works so much. Yes there are single people or people with less kids then you that are stressed. The thing is most people don’t keep piling on to that stress with things that are causing the stress. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic