IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

Two things I am curious about how- 1. Sierra's kids are exceptionally good behaved. Rearing kids is a breeze for her plus the kids quite talented they even made breakfast for her anniversary today.My kids are a lil older than her kids but I cant even dream of that. 2. The house is pretty good and kids are always wearing really nice clothes better than duggars so she must be doing really good with her business. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, Fundielandobserver said:

Two things I am curious about how- 1. Sierra's kids are exceptionally good behaved. Rearing kids is a breeze for her plus the kids quite talented they even made breakfast for her anniversary today.My kids are a lil older than her kids but I cant even dream of that. 2. The house is pretty good and kids are always wearing really nice clothes better than duggars so she must be doing really good with her business. 

1. What we see on Instagram doesn't reflect the entirety of life. I don't know if it is still the case, but Sierra has received significant child care assistance from her mother.  2. Her husband works at a furniture store, so I would expect the furnishings to be decent, thanks to his employee discount.  3. I don't know about her kids clothing being a presumption of her [unlicensed] business success. We have seen Sierra sell clothing online, so I think it is good bet that she buys used clothing as well. I'm an avid resale wearer and I don't assume other folks paid a ton of money for their clothes either.

• Upvote 7

I seem to recall that Sierra did an Instagram video or stories bit with Mark at a NWA used clothing/thrift store (and it might be one that Jessa has posted about).  So yes, they buy used clothing.  

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been following Sierra's endless IG posts? I click through them but she appears to be trying to ride the Marie Kondo train by reorganizing her house. 

• Upvote 5

I’ve been following her all in home reorg.  And, um, actually started watching Tidying Up on Netflix as a result.  It fits with a slower paced de clutter, clean, reorganization bit I’m on.  And I may need to thank Sierra for showing her plastic container of toothpicks.  Because I use that idea for the single box of of the suckers I recently found that sort spewed in a drawer.  

• Upvote 4

If you follow Sierra, don’t miss yesterday’s toy he’ll stories posts.  She inflicted this on her children.  All toys for five kids in the hall/entryway.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It's nice she's so inspired to clean and organize but keep it to 4 or 5 insta stories tops. When she gets going she posts like 20 and I'm just like "no."

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Weirdly, Courtney Rogers is purging baby boy clothes because she doesn't know "if or WHEN she'll need them again." 

Um...chances are you will need them 15 months from now. I think that's taking decluttering too far. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Weirdly, Courtney Rogers is purging baby boy clothes because she doesn't know "if or WHEN she'll need them again." 

Um...chances are you will need them 15 months from now. I think that's taking decluttering too far. 

That is so stupid. Sierra did the same thing a while ago. Maybe when she was pregnant with the second girl? Anyway... I guess it's just a good excuse for them to buy a ton of new stuff when they inevitably get pregnant with the next boy (which already happened with Sierra).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Courtney mentions that the age gap (because of having at least three girls in between) worries her that the quality is not good anymore. Girl, normal people have an age gap between two kids that is similar to the age gap between 4 of hers.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 18

There's an easy solution: buy gender-neutral clothing! But I guess that would need with their sanctified gender roles...

Seriously, there's clothing floating around my parents' and in-laws' houses that are thirty years old and still used in a clothing emergency for grandkids.

• Upvote 13

I bought mostly gender neutral clothes for my daughter for the first year or so. When my due date for #2 was my daughter's birthday I was excited that I would be able to use all of the clothes again, because the seasons and sizes would line up. Nope. My 4 month old son is now about the size my daughter was at 9 months, in the summer. I'm having to get all new clothes because I have no cold weather hand me downs that fit him. My daughter's winter baby clothes were 3-6 months and my son is already wearing 6-12 months.

Of course, this is a problem for me because I only have 2 kids. If you have half a dozen kids already you should have multiple sizes for all seasons. 

• Upvote 12

This is a woman who thinks having her kid paint cabinets counts as art class. My expectations for her are not that high. 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I bought mostly gender neutral clothes for my daughter for the first year or so. When my due date for #2 was my daughter's birthday I was excited that I would be able to use all of the clothes again, because the seasons and sizes would line up. Nope. My 4 month old son is now about the size my daughter was at 9 months, in the summer. I'm having to get all new clothes because I have no cold weather hand me downs that fit him. My daughter's winter baby clothes were 3-6 months and my son is already wearing 6-12 months.

Of course, this is a problem for me because I only have 2 kids. If you have half a dozen kids already you should have multiple sizes for all seasons. 

I won't deny that we had that same thought in planning the timing of #2...

• Upvote 4

On 1/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, neurogirl said:

In her defense, she did say it's because their storage is mostly outside and it does seem they get some harsh weather if their storage areas aren't completely weatherproof. She is my pet fundie, sorry lol. 

Knowing her, though, she'll pop out another baby 9 months after the birth of this one, so what's a few extra months. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

In her defense, she did say it's because their storage is mostly outside and it does seem they get some harsh weather if their storage areas aren't completely weatherproof. She is my pet fundie, sorry lol. 

Knowing her, though, she'll pop out another baby 9 months after the birth of this one, so what's a few extra months. 

She has always horrified me. How her uterus hasn't tried to run away out of her body yet I'll never know.

• Haha 11

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if she has her own thread, but the Kristin person who's friends with Sierra and Jessa posted a lengthy instagram about her marriage, and ... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt1ZCGBg3wx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I assume divorce isn't an option for them and who knows what their marriage is actually like, but posts like these worry me for their followers who really SHOULD leave a relationship or are in an unhealthy or abusive relationship. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

11 hours ago, endsidehugs28 said:

Not sure if she has her own thread, but the Kristin person who's friends with Sierra and Jessa posted a lengthy instagram about her marriage, and ... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt1ZCGBg3wx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I assume divorce isn't an option for them and who knows what their marriage is actually like, but posts like these worry me for their followers who really SHOULD leave a relationship or are in an unhealthy or abusive relationship. 

That is very interesting--this is the Tacos 4 Jesus lady. Everything is Pinteresty fabulous with her. I believe she and her husband met at college (John Brown, I think?) and run the Tacos 4 Life franchise in Rogers.

I don't want to be judgy, but yeah, perhaps having 2 kids in 3 years + opening a restaurant wasn't the best option for them. They are only 25 or 26 years old.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

They apparently opened the restaurant and had their first baby while he was actively addicted (to what, I don't know- assuming alcohol?) and she says she was thinking about divorce. 

Pro-tip: if you're considering divorce do not go into business with your maybe-future-ex. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

I do appreciate that she is open about her struggles. In the secular world it is not easy and if you live in a world where everyone is like #marriedmybestfriend #besthubbyever #loveyoumoreeveryday it will make it even harder.

• Upvote 14

I did see in the comments yesterday that someone asked addiction and she answered "yep. alcoholism". I can't go back and look for it now, but I was very surprised how open she was with answering that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

They apparently opened the restaurant and had their first baby while he was actively addicted (to what, I don't know- assuming alcohol?) and she says she was thinking about divorce. 

Pro-tip: if you're considering divorce do not go into business with your maybe-future-ex. 

I think they've since sold the restaurant and it was and is doing well, but...yikes. Yeah, no, do not start a business, ESPECIALLY a restaurant (super high rates of failure), with someone you're thinking of divorcing who is also a barely functioning alcoholic. I'm glad they've both come out the other side and they're open about that struggle, but girl, you added a lot of trouble to your life that did not need to be there. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Jesus, Sierra. Have you ever considered fucking all the way off? 

PS I hope your biracial kids get woke and read you the riot act for all this shit. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic