Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Recommended Posts

Tired
FecundFundieFundus

I'll go on record as saying it's hogwash, @NakedKnees! It's good that Mark changes diapers and all (if you lower that bar any further you'll need to have the utility company come mark power lines), but would she be happy and supportive if one of her sons has the talent and passion to be a stay at home dad? Teamwork makes the dream work and all that, but she's kind of ignoring the fact that her religion doesn't allow people to have a whole lot of choice.

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
BunnyBee
7 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

I'll go on record as saying it's hogwash, @NakedKnees! It's good that Mark changes diapers and all (if you lower that bar any further you'll need to have the utility company come mark power lines), but would she be happy and supportive if one of her sons has the talent and passion to be a stay at home dad? Teamwork makes the dream work and all that, but she's kind of ignoring the fact that her religion doesn't allow people to have a whole lot of choice.

She must have gotten a ton of positive feed back from her video because she made it one of the highlights on her Instagram. So anyone can go watch it on her Instagram still. 

I want to be super skeptical too BUT she was a new convert and grew up in a normal household. Who knows the effects of stress having that many kids has had on her. She may have had a Michelle laundry room break down, and has decided to take a second look at some of the new principles she believes. She has been majorly cut from the show that used to use her as a consistent plot point. She is not pictured with the Duggars anymore or in the background at the TTH. Honestly seeing her in that tank top makes me believe she is making some major changes in her beliefs, and good for her! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus

I hope they are loosening up. Sierra has so much personality and drive, I think more kids would just crush it out of her completely. Not to mention she's one of the few fundie child collectors who appears to actively parent and actually enjoy her children as individuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleCats

For all that FJ makes fun of her, given some capital, new friends, and less kids, she would have been a successful party planner or entraprenuer.  Not that she can’t now, but starting a business with 6 kids isn’t exactly easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMustardCardigan

Anyone know what Sierra's "new job" could be? She posted an Instagram story this morning, a photo of a pack of colorful markers and a note from her friend Kristen wishing her a happy birthday and saying she wanted to give her something to make her new job "pretty and exciting."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just_ordinary
17 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Anyone know what Sierra's "new job" could be? She posted an Instagram story this morning, a photo of a pack of colorful markers and a note from her friend Kristen wishing her a happy birthday and saying she wanted to give her something to make her new job "pretty and exciting."

I would guess her new job might be homeschooling.

  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JillyO
On 9/10/2018 at 1:24 AM, just_ordinary said:

I would guess her new job might be homeschooling.

That would be really strange wording, then. Her oldest is 8, so she's been homeschooling for at least 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neurogirl
On 9/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, NakedKnees said:

Also, is completementarianism between genders something we'd generally think is bad here? Im inclined to think it's inherently sexist and oppressive, but I don't want to offend any Christians here by not being respectful of the concept.

In my experience, churches that tout complementarianism tend to hold a lot of other fundamental beliefs. I see it a lot with trendy SoCal megachurches with pastors that look like hot lumberjacks but then talk about homosexuality being a sin, non-believers going to Hell, etc. 

The description I've seen for exactly that church is, while both male and female roles are important and equally in glory (like, in the eyes of God men and women are worth the same), men should be the leaders in the community and at home. Because periods are icky the Bible says so. So a softer way of expressing the same concept that men are above women on earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
22 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

In my experience, churches that tout complementarianism tend to hold a lot of other fundamental beliefs. I see it a lot with trendy SoCal megachurches with pastors that look like hot lumberjacks but then talk about homosexuality being a sin, non-believers going to Hell, etc. 

The description I've seen for exactly that church is, while both male and female roles are important and equally in glory (like, in the eyes of God men and women are worth the same), men should be the leaders in the community and at home. Because periods are icky the Bible says so. So a softer way of expressing the same concept that men are above women on earth.

Yeah, it seems to be "We believe in traditional, repressive gender roles but we'll dress it up in faux-feminist/egalitarian language so we sound hip and cool" rather than "God made many different roles for people to play in their lives, and no role is inherently worth more than another, and each role is important and mutually dependent on others, whether you're a stay-at-home mom or a CEO -- nobody goes it alone in life and that's why we need to treat each other equally and with respect", which would actually be a rather nice message for a church to espouse. 

I think Sierra's pretty extra, but I have a soft spot for her. She seems to have a mind of her own, a personality, a lot of drive, and a lot of love for being a parent. I'd hate for all of that to be stomped out of her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newyorkgirl52
On 9/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Yeah, it seems to be "We believe in traditional, repressive gender roles but we'll dress it up in faux-feminist/egalitarian language so we sound hip and cool" rather than "God made many different roles for people to play in their lives, and no role is inherently worth more than another, and each role is important and mutually dependent on others, whether you're a stay-at-home mom or a CEO -- nobody goes it alone in life and that's why we need to treat each other equally and with respect", which would actually be a rather nice message for a church to espouse. 

I think Sierra's pretty extra, but I have a soft spot for her. She seems to have a mind of her own, a personality, a lot of drive, and a lot of love for being a parent. I'd hate for all of that to be stomped out of her. 

After she stopped hanging out with the Duggars she seems to have gotten her spunk back too...she's posting pics in pants again and seems to be happier and doing normal things...she keeps posting about losing friends this past year? I wonder what ended her friendship with the Duggars?

On 9/15/2018 at 1:30 AM, neurogirl said:

In my experience, churches that tout complementarianism tend to hold a lot of other fundamental beliefs. I see it a lot with trendy SoCal megachurches with pastors that look like hot lumberjacks but then talk about homosexuality being a sin, non-believers going to Hell, etc. 

The description I've seen for exactly that church is, while both male and female roles are important and equally in glory (like, in the eyes of God men and women are worth the same), men should be the leaders in the community and at home. Because periods are icky the Bible says so. So a softer way of expressing the same concept that men are above women on earth.

Yes! Agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NakedKnees

Sierra made a soup that looks damn good to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

Sierra is "half Mexican"??? (according to her Insta post?) I just thought Mark was Mexican-American. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone

I think she's correcting Mark's Spanish. She called him a "cute 1/2 Mexican".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus

Mark has family living in Mexico that they visit, I think he's correcting her in those pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

This comment on Sierra's Insta cracks me up. Sheltered fundies are allergic to irony.

Nothing like telling a young Fundy Mother of 6 that she looks like Offred in the Handmaid's Tale-- and mean it as a compliment.

[Yes, I know the commenter means that she thinks Sierra looks like the actress Elisabeth Moss...but the idea that these conservative Christian ladies are sitting around watching The Handmaid's Tale is...interesting]

image.png.27879c67ede552d9c6c8d15752207b27.png

 

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

Is it just me, but does taking a board game to a restaurant feel a bit rude? Any restaurant industry folks out there wanna weight in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
llg1234

I used to worked overnight at an IHOP for awhile and I would probably not be too happy if one of my tables set up shop on a weekend night. There are a few factors to keep in mind, though. 

1. Did they expect their server to keep refilling their drinks and serving them throughout the game? If so, did they tip her based off the time spent there and not just their bill? 

2. How busy is it that time of night? The IHOP I worked out was downtown and near a lot of bars/clubs, so weekend nights were pretty crazy. That being said, 10PM would be considered early for us. If she’s in a more surburan location, who knows how busy it would actually be.

tl;dr overall, it’s a dick move, but I think it could be ok if they were mindful of their server’s time and the other guests. It depends on if you’re willing to give Sierra the benefit of the doubt (I’m not).

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus

The Denny's near my college encouraged people to come eat and study. The waiters would just let us know when their shift was ending and we'd tip them, then tip the next waiter for drinks and dessert or whatever. Having regular customers in groups of 3-6 (who weren't projectile vomiting) come during off peak hours is probably a good thing, business wise. Breakfast places around there were only truly busy during regular meal times, at 10 pm there'd only be a handful of people. 

Guessing it's highly location specific. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace

I honestly didn't even realize we HAD an IHOP in Fayetteville so I had to look it up. It's sort of close to campus but it's on the West side of the interstate which makes it kind of a weird spot. Maybe I'm neighborhood biased but I almost never go anywhere over there to eat. I feel like there are other places that the college kids would go that late in the evening. But I also remember spreading books out to study for hours at Steak and Shake in college after eating a meal and lots of other customers doing the same so I'm not sure how a boardgame would be that different. We always tried to tip well. Hope they did too.

Edited by Grace
Because I freaking know th difference between their and there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Audrey2
48 minutes ago, Grace said:

 We always tried to tip well. Hope they did too.

Sure they did. Bible tracts...lots and lots of Bible tracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333
4 hours ago, Grace said:

I honestly didn't even realize we HAD an IHOP in Fayetteville so I had to look it up. It's sort of close to campus but it's on the West side of the interstate which makes it kind of a weird spot. Maybe I'm neighborhood biased but I almost never go anywhere over there to eat. I feel like there are other places that the college kids would go that late in the evening. But I also remember spreading books out to study for hours at Steak and Shake in college after eating a meal and lots of other customers doing the same so I'm not sure how a boardgame would be that different. We always tried to tip well. Hope they did too.

I was thinking it was a different IHOP in Fayetteville, but then I remembered that one closed years ago and is now a Flying Burrito, not that anyone can tell what it used to be. :pb_lol:

I3iyO0e.jpg?1

Edited by Rachel333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NakedKnees

Personally, I love hanging out at restaurants, and would not be above bringing a board game. I definitely used to study at Denny's a lot... it was cheap, my city had like six of them, and even during weekend rushes they rarely filled all the way up. It's great that people can be hungry, thirsty, or just wanting a dessert and all hang out together. I swear I'm not a Denny's rep- I just like them! I consider IHOP basically the same thing, but there are fewer of them where I'm from.

I've been a server before too, and as long as they're not huge assholes and tip appropriately, I'm grateful for tables that basically take care of themselves like that. It's better than hours of checking on them and getting noncommital responses, or dealing with a single chicken wing left on a plate. Again, for hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus

Maybe it's a regional thing, but where I'm from any event that uses the term "gala" is black or white tie. If it's a small local party for children, regular formal wear. 

Polo shirts and sneakers??? No.

Edit: misread the tags while skimming. It's a banquet... But his outfit is still fugly.

Edited by FecundFundieFundus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.