IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

Wow. I watched because I was confused and it's basically a love message to Chik Fil-A because they gave her good service and didn't run out of a new menu item like Popeyes. 

It's so weird because she's so angry and on the verge of tears throughout, but is gushing about how great the food/experience was. She also seems drunk in parts. We all know she isn't, but her general demeanor in that video is concerning especially when paired with her latest posts. 

I'm also interested that she says the meal for all 7 of them (no Mark) is $40 and goes on about the excellent value. Who wants to guess how often they dine out and how much it costs in a month? Their family finances are endlessly fascinating to me. 

Screenshot_20190830_111539.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Soo.  I don’t really use Instagram. How would one see the video?  When I go to her page, I don’t see it.  

ETA - even though my 8 yo doesn’t do social media either, but I’m sure she’d figure it out for me in 2 minutes... I’m only 37 but am so out of touch. 

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Sierra, why did you even try to buy a Popeye's chicken sandwich?  They are out everywhere, and if you're on SM as much as I think you are, you already know this.  Because rumor has it, they're better than CFA's.

Anyways, what is she feeding her kids if her bill is only $40?  If we get two adult meals and two kids meals at CFA, nothing fancy, it's somewhere between $22 and $25.

I mean, pregnancy brain/hormones made me cry and do stupid shit, but she's a loon.

• Upvote 10

I'm not really interested in her but I went to look and holy cow she just goes on and on.  Doesn't she have better things to do with her time than a bajillion IG stories about chikfila?  Why isn't any of her kids interrupting her?  My kids never would have let me talk to my phone for that long without saying momomomomomomomom.  (if I had had a smart phone back then...)

I just went back to count how many slides that was, 61.  At 15 seconds each that was almost 10 minutes long.  

Edited by srlm
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

Soo.  I don’t really use Instagram. How would one see the video?  When I go to her page, I don’t see it.  

ETA - even though my 8 yo doesn’t do social media either, but I’m sure she’d figure it out for me in 2 minutes... I’m only 37 but am so out of touch. 

Her Insta stories can be watched for 24 hours by clicking onto her profile pic. There should be a somewhat purple ring around the photo indicating there are videos available. 

I don’t follow Sierra but occasionally have a look at her public account. I assume you can see her clips even without your own Insta account but I’m not totally sure cause I’m always logged in via the app when I use Instagram. Even just for fundy-stalking ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

The circle photo on the top left of her profile - it should have a reddish purple ring around it, if the circle is pulsing then there is a live feed up or posted. Just click to view! (it shows gray on this picture as I've already watched but the story is still up.)

Screenshot_20190830_113307.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

3 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

The circle photo on the top left of her profile - it should have a reddish purple ring around it, if the circle is pulsing then there is a live feed up or posted. Just click to view! (it shows gray on this picture as I've already watched but the story is still up.)

Screenshot_20190830_113307.jpg

You explained/showed it better than I did! Thanks! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for explaining to this “social media” slow poke.  I went off FB almost 4 years ago (for reasons) and I am just not up on how it all works.  I’ll keep an eye out for that!!

• Upvote 4

@FluffySnowball thanks, I spend too much time on Instagram!

There was at least one kid in the car - one of the boys popped up behind her a few times but said nothing. Disturbing if they all were in the car and that silent, even in Jill Dillard's posts her boys are chatting away. 

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Anyways, what is she feeding her kids if her bill is only $40?  If we get two adult meals and two kids meals at CFA, nothing fancy, it's somewhere between $22 and $25.

I mean, pregnancy brain/hormones made me cry and do stupid shit, but she's a loon.

She said she got kids meals and then for herself a sandwich, mac n cheese, large fries, large soda and added bacon to the sandwich. My best guess after checking the website is that she bought 5 kids meals and made the youngest share. 

Bolding on your quote - she does seem to indeed be a loon. As others have posted previously, she seems like she's trying so hard to be "young, hip, inspirational Christian mom with all the kids and JESUS" but it's definitely not coming across that way. Her posts (and occasional comment responses) are increasingly desperate-sounding. 

I would be interested to know what her parents think of her lifestyle and her continuing to have kids when she is clearly so overwhelmed. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 13

33 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She said she got kids meals and then for herself a sandwich, mac n cheese, large fries, large soda and added bacon to the sandwich. My best guess after checking the website is that she bought 5 kids meals and made the youngest share. 

Well, I guess this answers the question of whether she passed her 3-hour glucose test she was stressing about awhile back. Carb city. (No judgement here, just as someone who had GD twice I know what you can't eat.)

• Upvote 8

I'm not sure how she just spent $40 on all those people. Me, my husband & toddler eat for at least $30ish when we go to Chickfila. Two meals & a child's meal. So unless they are all getting "just the sandwhich," & splitting and still bringing their own bottle water....

Poor kids are getting one waffle fry a piece.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I watched the whole thing, uhg what am I doing with my life.  My husband came by and got sucked in too, he says he's never eating at Chick Fil-A because of "that crazy person". So... 

In the video she mentions 6 (or 5?) cow books- which is the kids meal toy. So I assumed she got them all meals.  I couldn't tell if her weird rant about mac and cheese was the same day.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I watched the Chick Fil A video expecting maybe some sort of rant about how ebil librul Popeye's is sullying the Godly fast food fried chicken industry. 

Instead it was a crazy looking Sierra blathering about her lunch order? I feel like I missed something. 

Also I don't follow her, but whoa she's aged. She's always looked older/more tired than her age but in that video it showed. I honestly hope for her health that they choose to limit their family size after number 7 and/or look at some ways to reduce her stress load. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if the kids were being quiet because they were scared of how manic and strange their mom was :( Could it be blood sugar related? That can send you off the rails if you have diabetes right? Christ now I'm actively worried for her and the kids. It's not a great sign if they know to stay silent when mom's on a tear

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

I wonder if the kids were being quiet because they were scared of how manic and strange their mom was :( Could it be blood sugar related? That can send you off the rails if you have diabetes right? Christ now I'm actively worried for her and the kids. It's not a great sign if they know to stay silent when mom's on a tear

I’m afraid you might be in to something but hope the kids were in some kind of post-lunch food coma. 

Sierra is how old now? 29, 30? I don’t think she’s 31 already but am not sure. Anyways, just imagine how many kids she could still have in case she and Mark don’t limit their family size. If her past fertility is anything to go by, she could easily end up in the double digits and I can’t imagine how her rants would look like then. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Not gonna lie, I love Chickfila, might even have it for dinner because all this chicken sandwich arguing down south is making me hungry. But Sierra, girl, McDonalds has 20 chicken nuggets for $5. I fed my two the other day when I needed to get them something and have leftovers in a ziplock bag in the fridge. It’s rad to have someone be super nice to you, but I personally like it when I can make my kids happy for $5. CFA is expensive!

• Upvote 10

I haven't been to CFA in at least 3 years. I'll say it because of their politics- and it is.... but it's more fear of shaming from my politically active, millennial,daughters. God I miss those chicken minis breakfast things?!!! Funnily enough I have had the Popeye's chicken sandwich and it was worth the hype?. One of my previously mentioned millennials is in marketing. She heard about the sandwich war early and we rode the sandwich wave before they ran out! I hope they work out those chicken logistics and bring them back soon!?

• Upvote 1

I’ve tried CFA, and I don’t like it.  But then I’m a grilled chicken girl and I think their grilled chicken is nasty.  WW folks raved about no/low point grilled chicken nuggets and I find them sliimey.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Did I make this up or did she mention taking her dogs to a groomers, too?

Oh she 100% did. She raved about how she didn't even have time to make a groomer appointment before the drive through attendant helped her. 

And because it was super awesome super amazing Godly CFA he even apologized for being so prompt. Not like ebil librul Burger King where they throw the food through your car window. 

Are BK and CFA even really big competitors? 

• Upvote 4

For a long time I read Chik-Fil-A as “chick fill uh”. Then I think I was looking it up on Wikipedia and realised it was chick-fill-ay, like ‘filet’... I should’ve realised sooner. #sosorrysobritish

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Given that she's teetering on the edge of a breakdown, I have to say that I'm always surprised that in their misogynist and sexist culture, the husbands (excuse me, headships) don't stand up and say no more kids. It is really difficult to deal with a person who is mentally breaking down and there is no way that these men are equipped to do so. I cannot imagine them being empathetic or even really wanting to deal with their wives in this state. Yet they continue to contribute to the familial misery. 

• Upvote 14

Saw the video. Wowza. That was insane. Literally.  I can't make sense of it.  Comparing chik-fil-a bacon chicken sammiches as the holy trinity with no obvious laughter or sarcasm. It's a huge rant and she has all the emotions except happy. Why tf did she make this video?  Why, in general, are Christians so upset at Popeye's making a chicken sammie?  Who gives a shit?!  

• Upvote 13

It doesn't matter if Mark comes home every night and does everything for the kids and Sierra. She will still be overwhelmed. There are too many kids for them to handle. As others have said, put the older ones in school, and listen to God telling you it's enough.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I love CFA and choose to donate to LGBTQ+ organizations whenever I eat there. I also love saying “thank you” as much as possible because they are required to respond “my pleasure” and it’s so awkward to hear people say that over and over. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic