IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm like 87% sure it was an intentional dig. Conservative Christians are world experts at passive aggressive shaming tactics. Sorry, I mean sweetly exhorting a sister in Christ.

I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she's posted enough for me to decide she was intentionally throwing shade.

She's ignorant and smug...a really annoying combination. She fits in with the Duggars well.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nst said:

me to - pre happy birthday !!! 

Pre-happy birthday to you, too!!!

How did this whole 48 thing happen to us? 48 is a great age... For our mothers!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

How did this whole 48 thing happen to us? 48 is a great age... For our mothers!

Hey, now! I'm 48, soon to be 49!

:pbbbt:     :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

In Lauren's eyes, Sierra may already be a pants-wearing hussy, so she probably felt no guilt in sweetly shaming Sister Sierra. ?  On a more serious note, Sierra needs help.  I hope she knows there is NO SHAME in putting their children in school/Christian day care if they can afford to do so.  I know...evil public school.  Sierra and her husband can always teach their kids their values and beliefs at home and in church.  If she doesn't get some counseling and child care soon, I'm afraid she might be heading for the news headlines.  In saying this, I NEVER hope that situation would happen, but I've read the stories about other families.  There is a sadness and desperation in Sierra's posts that is deeply concerning.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

At the very least, she could use a mother’s helper to come in a couple times a week and give her the morning/a couple of hours “off duty.” 

I don’t think she’ll do any of it though—school, daycare, hiring help. I think part of her thrives on feeling overwhelmed and set apart. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Anyone notice this shady comment on Sierra's latest picture?

image.png.97ef00392470979d739ace089436b48a.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm like 87% sure it was an intentional dig. Conservative Christians are world experts at passive aggressive shaming tactics. Sorry, I mean sweetly exhorting a sister in Christ.

One hundred percent it was intentional. Conservative Christians are the MOST shadiest people. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Me: “Sierra cannot possibly care for another breathing soul at this point, girlfriend is at her breaking point and beyond.”

Sierra: “Hold my seventh baby, I’m getting a puppy.”

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

Just now, Seculardaisy said:

Me: “Sierra cannot possibly care for another breathing soul at this point, girlfriend is at her breaking point and beyond.”

Right? The last thing they need is another mouth to feed. Plus according to the hashtags they have 2 dogs now 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw that she got a puppy! She's already clearly beyond stressed & about to add another baby to the mix so she adds a puppy to all of it! Really?!? What in God's green earth made her think that was a good idea?! 

Edited by mollysmom
Didn't want to sound like I was diagnosing.
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They’ve had a dog for a while, is this another one or the same?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

This is sort of my life. I had three kids in three years. Then we got a rescue dog. While living in a townhouse with no yard. A couple years later, we moved to a bigger house. Then I went back to school. Then we got a puppy. Who is having a really hard time with housetraining. Then we started renovating. I also watch my niece and my sister's dog while she's at work. Then I started volunteering for a nonprofit. And I'm looking for a job. Every time I get used to a level of stress, I add another element. 

No wonder my house is a mess. ?

Edited by TZmom
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, clueliss said:

They’ve had a dog for a while, is this another one or the same?

Dog number two. They got a new designer puppy.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

Not even the amount of added work... when you have mouths to feed, add another expense.  Pets (that are well cared for) are expensive.  And who know if they spent  a ton buying this one. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

I genuinely thought you were just joking with this and I thought it was funny. Now I just feel sad. The last thing that family needed was a puppy. #freemocha #freetheotherdogtoo #jesuslovesthemall :doh:

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

We lost our dog last month to cancer. Even though I love dogs, I could not imagine getting a puppy in the near future. Three kids is plenty to keep me busy and I don't have time to train a dog. I want the baby to be a little older before we get another dog. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 13

58 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Not even the amount of added work... when you have mouths to feed, add another expense.  Pets (that are well cared for) are expensive.  And who know if they spent  a ton buying this one. 

Right? Someone asked her how they afforded seven kids under her recent swimming pic, and she answered the following:

sierrajodominguez

@sherylwilbanks By spending our money on what matters, not overspending, and trying to maintain a debt free life.

sierrajodominguez

@sherylwilbanks Oh, and by God’s provision. That’s a big one.

I mean, I get that their finances are ultimately no one's business but their own, but I honestly cannot possibly imagine how soon-to-be nine humans and two dogs can live off of a furniture salesman's income. And just going through Sierra's Instagram, they don't exactly live the most frugal lifestyle. Just in July alone (and obviously only from what she's publically shared):

• they went to a waterpark with two adults and six kids
  • they all went on a mini vacation to Kansas city that included Legoland Discovery Center and food at a cafe (jury's out on whether they actually went to Great Wolf Lodge or just took pictures at the entrance - I'm leaning toward the latter)
  • Sierra took the oldest three boys out the eat crepes and get slurpees
  • and as others have mentioned, they got a new puppy (no word on whether he was adopted or bought from a breeder, but either way, that's not cheap)

Not that anything they do is particularly frivolous, but I just cannot make the math work for the life of me.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9

29 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Right? Someone asked her how they afforded seven kids under her recent swimming pic, and she answered the following:

I mean, I get that their finances are ultimately no one's business but their own, but I honestly cannot possibly imagine how soon-to-be nine humans and two dogs can live off of a furniture salesman's income. And just going through Sierra's Instagram, they don't exactly live the most frugal lifestyle. Just in July alone (and obviously only from what she's publically shared):

• they went to a waterpark with two adults and six kids
  • they all went on a mini vacation to Kansas city that included Legoland Discovery Center and food at a cafe (jury's out on whether they actually went to Great Wolf Lodge or just took pictures at the entrance - I'm leaning toward the latter)
  • Sierra took the oldest three boys out the eat crepes and get slurpees
  • and as others have mentioned, they got a new puppy (no word on whether he was adopted or bought from a breeder, but either way, that's not cheap)

Not that anything they do is particularly frivolous, but I just cannot make the math work for the life of me.

Fundie math is a class I must have missed on my educational journey.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Fundie math is a class I must have missed on my educational journey.

But I would love to take it so that I can do all of this stuff. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

I don’t know how they afford their life either.

BUT, many people here in New York that are religiously observant with large families get food stamps, get Medicaid,  get Earned Income Tax Credits which gives the taxpayers money each year instead of paying federal taxes.  In addition, since he is a “minister” they may have other write offs.

• Upvote 8

These folks also seem to have a lot of knick knacks...  I know you can buy that stuff at thrift stores or make it, but agh. I guess my priorities are different. 

• Upvote 3

We have two children, three dogs, and two cats. I wouldn't recommend all the dogs and cats. Honestly it was a thing where I couldn't get pregnant for a huge portion of our marriage and I started collecting fur-babies to mother. We talk about rehoming all the time, but when we come down to it, we love them too much to pick one to send away. So it's just a zoo over here. This IS my circus and these ARE my monkeys.

Sierra, girl, I know your finances aren't my business but seriously, can you make it my business because I want to know how you afford all this fun stuff, people, pets, and still pay all your bills. I'll be your laundry fairy in exchange. I like organizing kid clothes. Also, in bonus time we can work on your grammar and commas. You scratch my back and I'll delete your unnecessary punctuation. It'll be grand. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 24
  • Love 7

Full disclosure my husband and I are pregnant with baby number 5. We have two dogs. We also have two pretty high income, full-time jobs in a Midwest area where cost of living is reasonably affordable.

I know for certain we could not afford our lifestyle without both of our jobs. I do not know how Sierra and Mark are doing all of this on Mark’s salesman salary. Maybe he’s really, really good at it, because my co-worker’s son works in furniture sales and he struggles fo support his two kids without his mother’s help. She pays for his car and many of his kids clothing and toys.

Sierra’s lifestyle doesn’t add up to me.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

Woah boy. The dog is cute but it definitely seems to be from a breeder given the age. Maybe not. Hopefully not because again how do they afford a puppy from a breeder????

Even adopting from a shelter isn't cheap*** (in my area at least, not sure about others). That's just the start too. As others have said, it definitely costs an ongoing not small amount to properly care for a dog well.

Our sweet boy was rescued from a bad situation. He crossed the rainbow bridge at the end of 2018 after a prolonged health struggle, but in the almost 7 years we had him the financial outlay he needed was considerable. Finances are one big reason why we aren't even considering another dog right now, much as all of us miss him (and life with a dog) so very much. 

***But... If you're looking for a dog it's worth it. Especially given all the costs the shelters take on for each animal they care for.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic