IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

I think a big part of her problem is she is a Duggar hanger-on and not just a fan.  She buys into the fake narrative the family portrays, and beats herself up when she can’t live up to the unrealistic expectations.  She may truly want to stop having/homeschooling kids, but will feel like a failure if she does. Maybe she feels they will judge her for it, so she keeps on going...

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

And here she is, posting about crying over breakfast because one day her children will grow up and have breakfast with their own children.

She says that her children won't remember their slow Sunday mornings but I guarantee those older boys will remember their mom constantly crying. Especially when she stops the meal she has prepared specifically to give a speech and cry at them.

I really hope she gets some help or at the very least, she and Mark start making some smarter choices

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5

I can’t help but wonder whether Lauren’s comment is actually quite mean. Sierra posts about it being ok to sometimes skip church in order to have a slow and relaxing Sunday (which is absolutely fine imo) and Lauren replies by immediately jumping in and passive-aggressively stating that growing up, she had relaxed Sunday mornings before church. Hm...

A117FB49-05C4-4B1F-9722-6820E2A481B8.jpeg

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 4

Mark needs to get Sierra a therapist. All of her posts now scream that she's gonna snap sooner or later. She's been pouring from an empty jug starting at least three kids ago. 

Lauren's is the perfect bitchy comment. Plausible deniability and looks sweet at first glance. I want to see a fundie Mean Girls/Real Housewives. 

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11

I'm beginning to really dislike Lauren.

Sierra needs to distance herself from the Duggars for her own sanity.  She's never going to measure up in their eyes.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

good news the new copier place will remove the old copiers.

:D

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm beginning to really dislike Lauren.

only now? i have never liked her

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Sierra is overwhelmed and depressed. It's only going to get worse with a newborn in the house. I'm worried for her and the kids. Mark needs to see the light.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I can’t help but wonder whether Lauren’s comment is actually quite mean. Sierra posts about it being ok to sometimes skip church in order to have a slow and relaxing Sunday (which is absolutely fine imo) and Lauren replies by immediately jumping in and passive-aggressively stating that growing up, she had relaxed Sunday mornings before church. Hm...

Absolutely. That comment would only make sense if she had skipped the church part. Lauren can go and preach again about lazy Sunday mornings before going to church when she's had as many kids and as much work to do as Sierra. I wish that for now she was more considerate with the tone of her comments. Her lack of social media skills could be due to her sheltered upbringing and little exposure to media, but Lauren is only a comment and a half away from people stopping to give her the benefit of the doubt. By now, she must have gotten the memo.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

The big difference between Sierra and the Duggars is the support system.

I don't remember seeing Sierra ever drop off the kids at family while the grandduggars (at least from the families close by) are always at the TTH.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

The big difference between Sierra and the Duggars is the support system.

I don't remember seeing Sierra ever drop off the kids at family while the grandduggars (at least from the families close by) are always at the TTH.

Does either Sierra or her husband even have family close by?

If the Duggars are their best hope for a break from the kids, I imagine they're disappointed.  I really can't recall a time when the Duggars actually helped someone outside of their family.  They've play acted it a few times, but did they ever really help?  They're really good at getting help, goods, and services from others, though.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Sierra’s mom has been shown to help on occasion but I don’t know how close she lives. She seems to be mostly doing it on her own.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Does either Sierra or her husband even have family close by?

If the Duggars are their best hope for a break from the kids, I imagine they're disappointed.  I really can't recall a time when the Duggars actually helped someone outside of their family.  They've play acted it a few times, but did they ever really help?  They're really good at getting help, goods, and services from others, though.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

Sierra’s mom has been shown to help on occasions but I don’t know how close she lives. She seems to be mostly doing it alone.

I believe others have mentioned before that they don’t have family nearby. Sierra’s mom might help out occasionally, but I’m almost positive she doesn’t live in the area and can’t help on a regular and consistent basis. Even if she could as might have a job that would keep her from helping anyways. So yes, Sierra is likely doing the vast majority of the work on her own constantly. I’d feel more sympathy for them if she and Mark weren’t constantly making the same poor choices at the expense of the well-being of Sierra and their children. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Oh crap! I didn't realize Mark had gone to the same high school as Sierra! (Where my husband also went!) He's 8 years older than Sierra and 7 years older than my husband, but he might've been in the year below my brother in law.

Sierra's parents still live in Carthage about 1.5ish hours away. I don't know about her dad, but her mom and I have mutual connections on linkedin, and she's definitely working still. I do not know about Mark's family and I don't recall ever seeing them on her IG or blog. Could be they just don't want things shared so publicly, live farther away now, or aren't around.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Yeah, Sierra's mom is only 48 (!!!)* and she works full-time and lives 1.5 hours away as @theotherelise said. Sierra talked about her on her IG multiple times and she seems to be a loving and involved grandma, but it's certainly not the same thing as having a live-in laundry fairy like grandma Duggar, or Braggie Abbie (misformama) whose mom does two days of homeschooling per week plus has all the older ones over for a sleepover once a week. Plus Mark must be working long hours away from home to feed his family on a furniture salesman's salary, which is also pretty unusual in their cult. I'm not surprised Sierra's slowly going stir-crazy with so many young kids and very little help or even adult interaction.

*Just found this out based on this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvE4-hvF1TS/. So her mom was 18 when she was born, and Sierra has an older brother too. That must have been pretty tough for her mom/parents and certainly explains some of the hard parts of her childhood Sierra has talked about in the past.

Edited by JillyO
Writing. It's hard.
  • Upvote 20

48!?!   Well that may help explain why Sierra was susceptible to the lifestyle.  Just everything... mark would have meant “stability” and kids who love you and just everything. 

I agree that Sierra seems worn out. I am with two kids.  The thing is, I don’t mean worn out like she deserves a medal. I mean worn out and this was avoidable (and they should stop having kids... )

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Mark needs to get Sierra a therapist. All of her posts now scream that she's gonna snap sooner or later. She's been pouring from an empty jug starting at least three kids ago. 

Lauren's is the perfect bitchy comment. Plausible deniability and looks sweet at first glance. I want to see a fundie Mean Girls/Real Housewives. 

I clicked agree because I do, but also a little laugh.  What a good Christian Lauren is. 

Pretty sure if God is really the one the Bible speaks of, it would be cool with you having a day with your family.  But it’s so nice of Lauren to be so passively judgmental.  I kind of wonder if this is also a little bitchy because Sierra has a million blessings and Lauren had a recent miscarriage.  Way to show what a better Christian you are...

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 5

The  four oldest of Sierra’s kids could actually be in school next year. Asher turned 6 in January, Ellyn will be 5 September 1st. Depending on her school district, she might be able to go to kindergarten this school year. She would be home with Edyn who will be 4 this fall, Brooks who will be 2 in December and the newborn. That’s SIGNIFICANTLY more manageable. I can’t see her working but at least she could catch up on laundry, cleaning, have some one on one time with the younger kids.She absolutely has to stop having kids!!  They are all pretty close together too. Her oldest is only 10? 7 kids in 10 years ?

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Yikes! I turn 48 later this year! It's mind-blowing to think that Sierra's mom would either have been a year above me or graduated with me!:pink-shock:

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Good gravy, I’m not much younger than Sierra’s mom!!!

I'm the same age as Sierra's mom. My kids are 21 & 19, both in school, neither of them worrying or fussing about "settling down" They are enjoying their youth, like they should.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Way back in october 2016 [that was like 2 babies ago], Mark got ordained as some sort of "minister" at their Church.  [actually, his private Instagram profile is labelled "Youth Minister" /www.instagram.com/markansas1/ ]So I really don't know if it is cool for him to skip Sunday services. Perhaps he goes and leaves Sierra to cry over the biscuits.

So

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 3

On 7/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, FluffySnowball said:

A117FB49-05C4-4B1F-9722-6820E2A481B8.jpeg

Lauren is so entirely tone deaf I doubt that the dig was intentional, but it's there. 

Edited by Charliemae
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

Lauren is so entirely tone deaf I doubt that the dig was intentional, but it's there. 

I’m wondering, too, but think it’s better not to just give her a pass. It’s fair to take her at face value. Just cause she grew up sheltered doesn’t mean she can’t be passive-aggressive, dishing out mean comments that are disguised as sweet, lovely, girly chit chat. 

• Upvote 15

I'm like 87% sure it was an intentional dig. Conservative Christians are world experts at passive aggressive shaming tactics. Sorry, I mean sweetly exhorting a sister in Christ.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

On 7/22/2019 at 9:40 AM, Audrey2 said:

Yikes! I turn 48 later this year! It's mind-blowing to think that Sierra's mom would either have been a year above me or graduated with me!:pink-shock:

me to - pre happy birthday !!! 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic