IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

Look, I’m a SAHM of soon to be three kids (my dog absolutely counts - she’s a furry diva who is very demanding of our attention.) I fully understand how tough it can be at times. Doing the same stuff day after day with no help, no thanks, and not much adult interaction can be really hard and isolating. I assume it’s even harder the more kids you have because you have to juggle the demands and needs of so many other little people all.damn.day. and that can be exhausting.

But Mark and Sierra chose this life. They chose to have unprotected sex which led to the soon to be seven innocent children they have. No one forced them to continue doing this, no one forced Sierra to homeschool, no one forced them to be a single income family (at least that we know of - there are many reasons why parents may or may not be able to work)...

At some point we all end up facing a tough point in our lives and we have to step back to reassess. There is absolutely no shame in admitting you made decisions that didn’t work out well and that you need to make changes to live a happier life. It’d be so easy for them to enroll the eldest boys in public school and start using contraception - both of those would dramatically improve the quality of life for their whole family, but especially for Sierra who seems to be dealing with a great deal of stress on a regular basis. The fact that they likely won’t is ridiculously frustrating because things are only going to get more difficult for them as time goes on and more kids are born. Sierra and Mark don’t deserve much sympathy for continuing to make the same poor choices, but those kids definitely do. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 40
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

But you bring up some good points - telling the kids ahead of time they won’t get 100 things in the gift shop even if “they don’t have one of those”, or just generally setting expectations... I will have to do better with that. 

My kid says that too in the toyshop! Love their logic! Miniway is actually pretty good in shops. He asks for stuff but never gets upset when we say no. We write it on his wishlist and he’s happy with that. 

This holiday we gave him his own money so he could decide by himself what he wanted to buy. He’s five and not great with numbers yet but we had a paper and drew a square for every krona and crossed them out when he bought stuff. It was great! Whenever he wanted something we talked about how much it cost and if he really wanted it and I think he made pretty good choices. I did talk him out of buying a bow with arrows that was as tall as him on the first stop on our interrail trip though ... :) 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

14 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

My kid says that too in the toyshop! Love their logic! Miniway is actually pretty good in shops. He asks for stuff but never gets upset when we say no. We write it on his wishlist and he’s happy with that. 

This holiday we gave him his own money so he could decide by himself what he wanted to buy. He’s five and not great with numbers yet but we had a paper and drew a square for every krona and crossed them out when he bought stuff. It was great! Whenever he wanted something we talked about how much it cost and if he really wanted it and I think he made pretty good choices. I did talk him out of buying a bow with arrows that was as tall as him on the first stop on our interrail trip though ... :) 

That is awesome! I remember as a kid getting money for my birthday and having to decide what to get. One year a bought a guitar at toys r us. It was $20. For some odd reason I remember the price. I got exactly $20 for my birthday. I had to have been 8 or so. Made me so happy. It’s never to early to teach kids about money and choices. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Most of what I've wanted to say has already been said, regarding slowing down, stopping the baby train. I would like to add one more thing.

Sierra, stop hanging out with the Duggars. You see Michelle now, after her kids are older and after she outsourced the care and raising of her children to her two oldest daughters, with help from their buddies. This is not normal. You were not around to see the hardest time for Michelle, when she had to parent seven kids and had the laundry room breakdown. You weren't around when they lived in the small house. Please distance yourself a little, stop having children (or at least have them much less often), and put them in school.

Edited by Audrey2
Just saw I am an elitist about toilets. Boy, does that fit! That's why I don't do multi-day hikes- I refuse to pee or poo in the woods!
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 4

Too late to correct my above post, but I should have said, "outsourced the care and raising of her children to her four oldest daughters" instead of two.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

PS Sierra I am a product of public schools, and didn't turn out to be an atheist communist.

I mean... I did but mostly my father was to blame

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

On 7/16/2019 at 11:18 PM, nst said:

does she want me to complain about my job because this is her job....

the printer / copier broke and can't be fixed and the office has to buy a new one.  And how long does that take when deadline are looming....2 -3 weeks. 

meanwhile deadlines are never ending and I need the copier / printer to do my job.

She needs to shut up. 

and did i mention the copier/ printer broke...and my boss is going away for 3 weeks. 

I woke in a pharmacy. Internet has been down for 2 days. I've called optimum 3x. And the city decided they need to fix perfectly fine streets that don't have pot holes and there's going to be sewing going on for days. I LOVE this game. Everyone should vent. 

But it's our jobs. She's the one that decided to have 7 kids, especially after medical problems. I decided that I don't want to work anymore and would like to drink beer at a pier somewhere looking over a mountain. Who wants in?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

On 7/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, freshlemonade said:

Phew, that's a doozy of a text.  I can understand being at your limit with the kids and needing to vent to your husband. Just typing out a text can be somewhat of a relief.  I've felt that paradox before.  You want to text your husband and let him know how frustrated and spent you are ,and to just type it out makes you feel better, but then you feel guilty because it seems like you're complaining so you add the brave, grateful, blessings blah blah blah stuff.   But.....then posting your text on IG??   

Yes, that’s what I think is either an actual cry for help, or a way to get admiration from others.

Why did she publish that? She’s addressing him, not the world at large. 

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I woke in a pharmacy. Internet has been down for 2 days. I've called optimum 3x. And the city decided they need to fix perfectly fine streets that don't have pot holes and there's going to be sewing going on for days. I LOVE this game. Everyone should vent. 

But it's our jobs. She's the one that decided to have 7 kids, especially after medical problems. I decided that I don't want to work anymore and would like to drink beer at a pier somewhere looking over a mountain. Who wants in?

ok but does your job follow you home. 

last night i was dreaming i had to get rid of two dead bodies....

in reality i have to get rid of two dead copiers. 

its the same thing 

SuCK IT SIERRA 

i am planning on a cruise ....around italy 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

Yes, well, I’m a SAHM of two currently, and taking my two to a farmers market by myself in this hot weather sounds straight up like a crap time. And if I forgot my double stroller, girl, I wouldn’t have even gotten out of the car.     

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Yes, well, I’m a SAHM of two currently, and taking my two to a farmers market by myself in this hot weather sounds straight up like a crap time. And if I forgot my double stroller, girl, I wouldn’t have even gotten out of the car.     

Yesssss. Im pregnant with a one year old (almost two) who loves his stroller we would have gone back home ? Weather is typically not a deterrent for me but stroller or bust! 

• Upvote 8

On 5/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, FecundFundieFundus said:

The general rule with the federal guidelines is 2 people per bedroom, with small children, large square footage or such making more people per bedroom acceptable.

I think they're going to be okay in their current set up for a while given how young their kids are. Unless they're on septic or something.

Somebody needs to advise Erin Bates of this rule. Girlfriend is about to have four kids and two adults in a 2 bedroom house. Not to mention the goats, dog, etc living on that property. It makes no logistical sense.

• Upvote 11

That's another thing about QF families... Do none of the parents need alone time? I love love love my children but go absolutely mad if I don't get some quiet solitary time every day. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

Reading this thread really makes me feel like Sierra and her husband have trapped themselves. Even if they snapped out of fundiedom right this minute, they still have SEVEN KIDS. Even if two are school aged...five kids in daycare? That’s going to be hard to afford even with two working parents. They’ve really left themselves with minimal options at this point - I guess that’s why they keep digging their heels in deeper. 

• Upvote 21

On 4/27/2019 at 7:05 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Wow, some people are jerks. And no one was freaking out when women regularly had six or more kids fifty years ago.

I can't go by that one.  50 years ago six kids was a lot.  I was a teenager and the largest family for anyone at our high school was five kids.  Even the Catholic families in our town usually had no more than three or four.  Birth control was around and easily obtained.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I can't go by that one.  50 years ago six kids was a lot.  I was a teenager and the largest family for anyone at our high school was five kids.  Even the Catholic families in our town usually had no more than three or four.  Birth control was around and easily obtained.

Okay, a hundred years ago (though there were plenty of smaller families even then). But I don’t think people went “Whoa, six kids!” like they do now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Okay, a hundred years ago (though there were plenty of smaller families even then). But I don’t think people went “Whoa, six kids!” like they do now.

Maybe. 

But hundred years ago, nobody cared if those kids were dirty, or wore old shoes and school wasn't really important apart from basic reading and maths. Nobody expected to spend quality time with their kids, who practically raised themselves. And many of those children got jobs when they were still minors. So 6 kids, no big deal in 1919. But 2019 expectations are completely different and quiverful people don't understand that a big family can't never work as a little one. Even if you are well-off you cannot buy time.

• Upvote 26

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe. 

But hundred years ago, nobody cared if those kids were dirty, or wore old shoes and school wasn't really important apart from basic reading and maths. Nobody expected to spend quality time with their kids, who practically raised themselves. And many of those children got jobs when they were still minors. So 6 kids, no big deal in 1919. But 2019 expectations are completely different and quiverful people don't understand that a big family can't never work as a little one. Even if you are well-off you cannot buy time.

Not to mention the numbers who died before adulthood d/t diseases that are now in afoot preventable.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Not to mention the numbers who died before adulthood d/t diseases that are now in afoot preventable.

Good point it was very rare for all your kids to make to adulthood. You might give birth to ten or even fifteen and only half of them survive. So many more were even less lucky having only a couple survive. I can't imagine having it be so completely common that not all of your kids are going to survive. 

• Upvote 17

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe. 

Yes to all of this. I like to watch old television/video archives and found footage from the 1960s interviewing elderly rural farmwives who raised their families in the 20's and 30's. They all lamented having had so many children. Most said "if it were up to me, I would have had only 2 or 3". They dreaded intimacy for fear of pregnancy. When given the choice, most women prefer to raise fewer children well, than many children having to stretch resources. That was true 100 years ago as it is today.

Very large families are mainly the result of religious ideology or lack of access to birth control. 

• Upvote 21
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

These fundies are all talk about leaving it up to God when it comes to babies, as soon as it goes wrong they rush to hospital for medical help. 

If Michelle had her children 50, 60 or 100 years ago she likely wouldn't have survived, she had complications with some of her pregnancies that probably would of been fatal back then. Still fatal today without modern medical intervention. Those scientists keep fucking up there beliefs. 

• Upvote 23

6 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Yes to all of this. I like to watch old television/video archives and found footage from the 1960s interviewing elderly rural farmwives who raised their families in the 20's and 30's. They all lamented having had so many children. Most said "if it were up to me, I would have had only 2 or 3". They dreaded intimacy for fear of pregnancy. When given the choice, most women prefer to raise fewer children well, than many children having to stretch resources. That was true 100 years ago as it is today.

Very large families are mainly the result of religious ideology or lack of access to birth control. 

Oh, do you have links? The crunchy "everything was better in the olden days" movement is really picking up steam on some of the other forums I visit, it would be sooo nice to nix some of their preconceptions in the bud. (<- did that saying make sense? Non-native English speaker here. Some languagey brain farts tends to happen.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Oh, do you have links? The crunchy "everything was better in the olden days" movement is really picking up steam on some of the other forums I visit, it would be sooo nice to nix some of their preconceptions in the bud. (<- did that saying make sense? Non-native English speaker here. Some languagey brain farts tends to happen.)

Your English is really good! The phrase you’re looking for is “nip it in the bud” not nix. 

• Upvote 5

The problem with Sierra is that every. single. one. of her posts reads as a thinly veiled cry for help or a complaint. 

You can count the number of times she mentions her loneliness, being overwhelmed, crying, struggling and sending sad messages to Mark.

And yet she continues on the same path.

As others have said, she could easily send her oldest boys to public school. Put the girls in day care or preschool. Look after her baby and get a part-time job or work from home.

She could admit to Mark that she is absolutely overwhelmed. He could tell her that 7 kids is a full enough quiver. He could tell her that financially they are in serious trouble. Her health could be prioritised. Spending quality time with their current children could be prioritised.

But they will not make ANY of these changes and she will continue to post her hashtag nonsense because it's all for Jesus.

What kind of testimony is that? 

"I have all these kids crammed into my single-income rental house and am deeply depressed. But look at these tomatoes I grew and this moped we just bought! Y'all want broken glass chocolate strawberries?!"

Every video I've seen of Mark, he has appeared completely disinterested in the kids and basically ignores them. I know that being a mom is hard and I know that you can never really tell about people's lives from social media, but if these posts are the best things that she chooses to share on Instagram I'd hate to see how bad things really get in their home. 

• Upvote 35
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic