IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

I didn't need to open IG to find this terrifying photo staring back at me 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190509-213849.thumb.png.54f3c65b4e6dd26c63844cd80c1a4a49.png

What do those churches put in the water?? Kristen's crazy eyes have officially surpassed Sierra 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

I think the Duggar’s probably referenced Larry Burkett.

My husband and I used Dave Ramsey’s plan to get debt free (55k paid off in 21 months making 72k annually!). He is a republican and a Christian, but I wouldn’t exactly call him a conservative Christian if that makes sense. He’s more friends with Osteen and mark cuban. Very hard to listen to his show, but the plan does work.

Larry Burkett was in the old focus on the family group. I used to listen to him on the radio with my mom on our commute from christian school. She gave me this old workbook which I just dug out of my closet...

4211C9B2-4717-45CD-B3C6-0209EFCFFB3B.thumb.jpeg.4c6e2951509043692d2136f6f1903966.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

I’m a few years older than Sierra, don’t have kids or a husband but I’m not jealous of her at all. She looks like she’s one IG video away from a laundry room breakdown. I’m guessing money is thin and she doesn’t have time for her business/hobbies anymore. If she wants to keep her sanity for a little longer, she needs to send all the 4 and up kids to school. She keeps trying to justify her choices to perfect strangers on the internet. But I think she’s just trying to convince herself that she’s got a great life. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9

Their life just doesn’t seem sustainable. What is her husband’s job again? Sales at a furniture store? They seem like they are heading for a worse spot than the Duggars were in back before 19KAC and they lived in the little church charity house. 

• Upvote 8

I also noticed that one envelope was for rent and not a mortgage - could they be in danger of their landlord telling them they have too many people living in one dwelling? I don't know how big their house it or the rules for Arkansas, but I used to work for a leasing company in Indiana and we had pretty strict rules about residents per rental.

• Upvote 4

If they’re renting, I wonder if it’s from a friend/relative who is charging them below market rate. I’ve known a few people who rented from family for the cost of property taxes. Sierra and whatshisname might also be responsible for certain maintenance in exchange for reduced rent to help cut expenses. Just a thought.....

• Upvote 6

I hope so, last thing anyone needs is another Rodrigues family situation. Of course, Sierra can't hold a candle to Jill's nuttiness. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

I also noticed that one envelope was for rent and not a mortgage - could they be in danger of their landlord telling them they have too many people living in one dwelling? I don't know how big their house it or the rules for Arkansas, but I used to work for a leasing company in Indiana and we had pretty strict rules about residents per rental.

I was thinking the same thing currently there are 8 soon to be nine people and I doubt that house is that big.  they better hope it's a friend renting to them or something. 

• Upvote 3

What town do they live in? I'd be interested to see if there's any zoning laws about maximum occupancy. I know in New York there are local laws that dictate how many people can reside in an apartment. It's unenforced 99.9% of the time, but still on the books

15 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

She keeps trying to justify her choices to perfect strangers on the internet. But I think she’s just trying to convince herself that she’s got a great life. 

This is exactly the vibe she gives off. 

And right on cue, she has posted YET ANOTHER photo with a story of how she's always crying angry tears but it's okay because God is showing her her heart has grown.

(I cannot figure out how to post Instagram posts on here but please, somebody more skilled do so!) 

In yesterday's story, she mentioned that the utilities are charged extra (can't remember if it was 3 or 5 %) if they are paid by direct debit so she pays cash for that. That seemed unusual to me but then I don't know a lot about renting in Arkansas?

Here's a couple of screenshots of the envelopes and her talking to the camera. 

Screenshot_20190511_003335.jpg

Screenshot_20190511_003318.jpg

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m not sure why anyone would air their money issues on IG. I wouldn’t. But I’m not one to tell my friends how much I make. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

This is exactly the vibe she gives off. 

And right on cue, she has posted YET ANOTHER photo with a story of how she's always crying angry tears but it's okay because God is showing her her heart has grown.

(I cannot figure out how to post Instagram posts on here but please, somebody more skilled do so!) 

In yesterday's story, she mentioned that the utilities are charged extra (can't remember if it was 3 or 5 %) if they are paid by direct debit so she pays cash for that. That seemed unusual to me but then I don't know a lot about renting in Arkansas?

Here's a couple of screenshots of the envelopes and her talking to the camera. 

Screenshot_20190511_003335.jpg

Screenshot_20190511_003318.jpg

here you go. well she was what 18 when she got married, she grew up in a mainstream house with two siblings. she met Mark at her job she worked at a video store and he made it his mission to bring her to Jesus. you know he was just looking for a scared sumissive wife. we know Sierra was sexually abused by a family member as a child so the safety Mark seemed to offer her must have been really wonderful i to a scared teen. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

What do those churches put in the water?? Kristen's crazy eyes have officially surpassed Sierra 

Fertility drugs to help with the big families??

Edited by BachelorToTheRapture
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I think the Duggar’s probably referenced Larry Burkett.

My husband and I used Dave Ramsey’s plan to get debt free (55k paid off in 21 months making 72k annually!). He is a republican and a Christian, but I wouldn’t exactly call him a conservative Christian if that makes sense. He’s more friends with Osteen and mark cuban. Very hard to listen to his show, but the plan does work.

Larry Burkett was in the old focus on the family group. I used to listen to him on the radio with my mom on our commute from christian school. She gave me this old workbook which I just dug out of my closet...

4211C9B2-4717-45CD-B3C6-0209EFCFFB3B.thumb.jpeg.4c6e2951509043692d2136f6f1903966.jpeg

I’m not sure about the Duggars. The Dills have definitely mentioned Ramsey multiple times - he spoke at their Church last fall:

The Dills also made Instagram posts showing them watching Ramsey’s videos online. 

• Thank You 3

You can find Dave Ramsey courses in all sorts of churches, including mainstream.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, I was thinking more of the old 14 kids, buy used save the difference days. Ramsey is the main guy these days in Christian circles. Also, Larry Burkett died 16 years ago. And the envelop system Sierra is talking about is one of Ramsey's strategies.

• Upvote 5

The one JB mentions all the time is Financial Freedom with Jim Sammons. You can watch those videos on Embassy Media. 

Dave Ramsey is very popular in churches like Jill and Derick’s. I think his daughter now travels and does live conferences with his methods. I’ve never watched either. Church of the highlands is the biggest church here in Alabama and I think it’s her that does those seminars there. 

• Thank You 2

I got chocolate covered strawberries for mother's day. I thought of you all on this thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Sierra celebrated mother's day by... Doing two different crafts/activities with her kids and potentially giving them some kind of gift? She appears to have written each kid a little personal note, too. 

Girl is so extra and I normally love it but someone needs to give her a tranquilizer occasionally. It's mother's day, woman! Be selfish! 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Sierra celebrated mother's day by... Doing two different crafts/activities with her kids and potentially giving them some kind of gift? She appears to have written each kid a little personal note, too. 

Girl is so extra and I normally love it but someone needs to give her a tranquilizer occasionally. It's mother's day, woman! Be selfish! 

well she had to do something with 6 kids nine and under, her daughters aren't old enough to sister mom, Its not like they have a tv to keep the kids quite and Mark went to work. I know her mom lives a bit away and I doubt she has a baby sitter so she worked with what she had. to Marks credit he did take them all to dinner and gave her a spa day to use later. 

• Upvote 5

Do they not have a television? They have smart phone/s and a computer, regardless. Our phones frequently go on little "walks" and She-Ra/Sabrina/??? can be heard in the distance. It's a beautiful thing. 

There's a pretty big difference between not getting the day off and giving your kids personalized gifts and organizing multiple structured activities for mother's day. My spouse had to work and I got a totally free, heartfelt letter of appreciation and dinner in bed. Mark is a butthead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2

On 5/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, Bad Wolf said:

I got chocolate covered strawberries for mother's day. I thought of you all on this thread.

with or without glass shards?

In Sierra's Instagram, she says that Mark gave her a spa day for mother's day. Unless they have parents making substantial financial contributions, they cannot afford a litter of kids, scooters, matching outfits, craft supplies & spa days.  

I had no idea they were renting.  If I were her, I'd be terrified to have another kid on the way and no prospect of home ownership. There is no freaking way these people have any savings. They are one Mark health problem away from financial disaster.

PS As for renting, I though occupancy limits generally only applied to unrelated adults.  I think in many/most parts of the US, you cannot evict families for having more children.

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic