IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I don't know why but I suspect Alyssa is pregnant with #4 already. Maybe that "proud of you" pic from Lawson was about a pregnancy after all. 

I think she is not. She had three babys so close, so probably still have a baby bump. Well, at least one can hope. ? 

And for Whitney speculation, i think its even less chance she's pregnant and already with a visible bump. That means she got pregnant like a day after misscariage. And i really dobut that happened. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

I think she is not. She had three babys so close, so probably still have a baby bump. Well, at least one can hope. ? 

And for Whitney speculation, i think its even less chance she's pregnant and already with a visible bump. That means she got pregnant like a day after misscariage. And i really dobut that happened. 

I don't think she's preg yet, esp since ZoZo was a "surprise" (lol), but honestly I wouldn't be totally shocked if she were. But I'd hope that she and John have enough sense not to be all, "ooh you're feel ready to have sex again after delivery cool lets make a boy this time" immediately.... though if she's not now, I don't think we're going to get much longer of a delay before she is.

I think even as much as Whit wants a 3rd, she might want to take some time after the miscarriage just to mourn and feel ready again....she and Zach just seem like that kind of people. of course everyone who experiences miscarriage copes differently, but just the vibe i get from them when they talked about it. I could see them being of the "new year, fresh start" mindset in a few months though, and I fully anticipate little-Bates3 in 2019. along with Webster4 O.o 

On 10/3/2018 at 4:21 AM, freethemall said:

I don't really get how people/Erin constantly repaint their houses. Don't you have to move everything out of the room, tape up all the edges, etc? I found painting even empty rooms ended up being like a 3 day project.

Yes! We were just discussing that on the Erin thread. I commented that painting your bedroom once a year (AT LEAST once a year, according to Erin) seemed like a strange way to spend your time. It's enormously time consuming and inconvenient, even more so while you are pregnant with infants and toddlers. Her oldest is three, for goodness sake!

Here's Erin's words:

Although I loved the pink, I'm notorious for changing my paint color and decorations at least once a year! 

The woman seems bored to me.

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

Yes! We were just discussing that on the Erin thread. I commented that painting your bedroom once a year (AT LEAST once a year, according to Erin) seemed like a strange way to spend your time. It's enormously time consuming and inconvenient, even more so while you are pregnant with infants and toddlers. Her oldest is three, for goodness sake!

Here's Erin's words:

She wrote that back in January 2015 while pregnant with Carson*, has not repeated it since (as far as I know), and they haven't appeared to have had any big painting projects since she was pregnant with Brooklyn - it looks like the grey paint throughout the house was done at that time, meaning they only had one infant/toddler the last time they painted. The vast majority of changes in their home  since she become pregnant with Brooklyn has been decor related. 

*And at this point she had been married a grand total of 14 months. Their bedroom went from pink to green in that time period, which means it had been painted around once a year when she wrote that. 

14 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

[...]

I think even as much as Whit wants a 3rd, she might want to take some time after the miscarriage just to mourn and feel ready again....she and Zach just seem like that kind of people. of course everyone who experiences miscarriage copes differently, but just the vibe i get from them when they talked about it. I could see them being of the "new year, fresh start" mindset in a few months though, and I fully anticipate little-Bates3 in 2019. along with Webster4 O.o 

And it is possible that her body needs some time to be ready again aka finding back to a regular cycle.

Totally random question: I never watched an episode of the Bates' show and I want to learn more about the family.

I am in Europe and cannot watch anything on the UP! website. The Duggars can be found everywhere on streaming websites but I cannot find the Bates anywhere.

Someone has a tip?

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Totally random question: I never watched an episode of the Bates' show and I want to learn more about the family.

I am in Europe and cannot watch anything on the UP! website. The Duggars can be found everywhere on streaming websites but I cannot find the Bates anywhere.

Someone has a tip?

i think i send you md with directions, i say i think because i am not sure how mds work, if you received it please send a signal lol

Kelly finally got around to write Katie birthday post. Its amazing how diferent she looks from when she was a kid. I would not have recognised her.

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I want to learn more about the family

I can't answer where to find the show, but if you actually want to learn about the family, just know their show and social media doesn't always reflect that. The show totally whitewashes their lives to take out pretty much everything they do and believe that is offensive. From what I can tell their show leaves out IBLP entirely and you don't see things like the fact Alyssa is taking her little girls to campaign for Taliban Dan. Their social media is very misleading. Their social media accounts will make it look like they are doing one thing but in reality they are off at an IBLP event. 

The show presents the Bates how they think people want to see them, as a large, harmless family that is a bit quirky, but doesn't believe anything really bad. 

55 minutes ago, llucie said:

i think i send you md with directions, i say i think because i am not sure how mds work, if you received it please send a signal lol

Kelly finally got around to write Katie birthday post. Its amazing how diferent she looks from when she was a kid. I would not have recognised her.

True. But then, can we be sure it really is Katie in all those photos? Wouldn’t put it past Kelly to pick the wrong one. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I can't answer where to find the show, but if you actually want to learn about the family, just know their show and social media doesn't always reflect that. The show totally whitewashes their lives to take out pretty much everything they do and believe that is offensive. From what I can tell their show leaves out IBLP entirely and you don't see things like the fact Alyssa is taking her little girls to campaign for Taliban Dan. Their social media is very misleading. Their social media accounts will make it look like they are doing one thing but in reality they are off at an IBLP event. 

The show presents the Bates how they think people want to see them, as a large, harmless family that is a bit quirky, but doesn't believe anything really bad. 

I know, I will never base my opinion only on the show (I learned form the Duggars), but it is a nice addition.

22 hours ago, Hisey said:

Here's Erin's words:

She doesn't say she paints once a year. She paints or changes decoration. So sometimes it's just about moving forniture or changing curtains etc. 

Erin is teaching music no more. She appears to spend most of her time at home. I understand trying to keep the house as nice as possible. Also no fashionable new clothes weekly for her, nor cruises or other fancy activities, conversely to Whitney or Alyssa. If Erin's (and Chad's) main hobbie is decorating, let them play!

On 10/8/2018 at 9:00 PM, kmachete14 said:

I don't mean to sound elitist but Crown College courses look easier than high school for most students . . . 

Yeah, it's bad. I'm really taken aback at the "Introductory Algebra" for college freshmen, and college freshmen ostensibly going into STEM no less. 

Maybe I'm misreading it, but "Introductory" suggests it's brand new to students, i.e., Pre-algebra or Algebra 1. A class most students took in 7th to 9th grade in my school. (I completed Algebra 1 in ninth grade and was by no means strong in math.) The kids in my high school who were serious about going into a STEM field were in AP Calc senior year. Even being in only Pre-Calc made it difficult to get into one of the better public universities if you wanted to major in engineering or computer science. I really would love to know what those "Select Math" options are. 

I have long wondered just how weak most of these fundamentalist home schooled students are in math and science and this is just giving me more pause. 

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

She doesn't say she paints once a year. She paints or changes decoration. So sometimes it's just about moving forniture or changing curtains etc. 

Erin is teaching music no more. She appears to spend most of her time at home. I understand trying to keep the house as nice as possible. Also no fashionable new clothes weekly for her, nor cruises or other fancy activities, conversely to Whitney or Alyssa. If Erin's (and Chad's) main hobbie is decorating, let them play!

Didn't Erin always work/teach music from her home?

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Didn't Erin always work/teach music from her home?

It's been a looong time since the last time she posted about it, probably before having Brooklyn. She never mentions it now and only talks about her job as a mom. 

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Someone has a tip?

I started an entitled thread on this actually! You can find it here:

Its in no way finished and I’m likely missing a lot, but it’s a good cheat sheet to the various members of the Bates family.  

On 9/25/2018 at 7:38 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Here's a question I posed in the Duggar forum that I think would be good here, too. If you could pick ONE Bates family member to be stuck in an elevator with. Like boom--you're stuck in an elevator and you can't control that--but the universe says okay, you can pick ONE Bates to be stuck with (and it must be a Bates or a Bates in law) who would you detest the least being stuck with? 

I think I would pick Alyssa Webster because I think she has had the most contact with folks outside the cult and she could probably carry on a conversation. 

I would choose Katie Bates. She seems chill and semi interesting/spunky. I think we could have at least some semblance of a conversation.

I can’t blame Erin for her hobby. It’s likely she never really had a room or even a “nook” of her own growing up. Now that she has a small house and can do whatever she wants to it, she’s doing just that. She’s probably making up for all those years she missed out on decorating a room of her own.

I’m cracking up at the background pictures of Michelle and Kelly at Tori’s baby shower. These were posted by Ashley. I basically like them because they aren’t posed like the typical Kelly and Michelle pics we see. Michelle looks like she’s thinking really hard and Kelly’s on the phone at her daughter’s shower. 

65F0407F-852F-4512-932F-A6E25CBAA1FD.jpeg

7B79713C-DCFA-4E3B-B631-0D36134A0B07.jpeg

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Someone has a tip?

If you go to the keepingupwithfundies tumblr blog and search BUB someone has an unlisted playlist to every season of BUB and has every episode of that season in said playlist. I would post it but idk if we can post youtube links. 

On 10/10/2018 at 12:41 AM, llucie said:

I have the same feeling, but i really hope no. I just feel like no matter what she says, Alyssa is not going to stop until she has a boy. 

I don't think Alyssa will stop until it takes a serious toll on her physically and time wise.

All kudos to Alyssa for bouncing back to her constantly beautiful skinny self, I am in serious envy and awe of her and how she manages to do that and look fab all the times I see her. She seems to take great pride in this. I wish I had some of  her time management skills and motivation to look nice. I am still a hot mess 2.5 years after one child.

My point is, she seems to like to be well kept and pretty once her body stops bouncing back and once she no longer has time to straighten her hair, She may start to rethink things. At this point life appears to be pretty golden for her, so why stop. 

But hey the boy could be the full stop or she may try to give him a brother and end up with another gaggle of girls.

7 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I see a lot of both Carlin and Erin in her. She is very beautiful.

I do see a bit of Josie in her too but mainly the above. 

genetics,  all the girls are so different yet you really can tell that they are all sisters. 

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, it's bad. I'm really taken aback at the "Introductory Algebra" for college freshmen, and college freshmen ostensibly going into STEM no less. 

Seriously? I took algebra in college, but it was "college algebra," a remedial refresher course for the math-impaired like me who had failed out of far more advanced courses!

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Maybe I'm misreading it, but "Introductory" suggests it's brand new to students, i.e., Pre-algebra or Algebra 1. A class most students took in 7th to 9th grade in my school. (I completed Algebra 1 in ninth grade and was by no means strong in math.) The kids in my high school who were serious about going into a STEM field were in AP Calc senior year. Even being in only Pre-Calc made it difficult to get into one of the better public universities if you wanted to major in engineering or computer science. I really would love to know what those "Select Math" options are. 

I'm reading it that way too.  Pre-algebra was 6th grade and algebra was 7th and 8th, then you went on to algebra II, Geometry, Pre-calc, then either Calc AP AB, Calc AP BC, or calculus fundamentals (the none AP course).  Unless you did poorly on the GEPA's, in which case you re-took algebra or pre-algebra if you did really bad.

Actually take out the freshman orientation and bible studies and these would seem about right for middle school classes for me. 

5 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Seriously? I took algebra in college, but it was "college algebra," a remedial refresher course for the math-impaired like me who had failed out of far more advanced courses!

Yeah my gigantic state university has College Algebra and essentially every single freshman has to take it unless they test out. The professor of it was pretty famous on campus since everyone took it and she was amazing. My class was like 400 people and then we had small lab once a week with 25. The rumor was that it’s the most failed class freshman year. All the athletes had to check in every class with their IDs to register that it’s really them.  It was honestly a nice review of high school maths and I got an easy A. I was in a healthcare major that actually didn’t require much math so I wasn’t gonna take anything harder to fill that credit lol. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:24 AM, CarrotCake said:

Someone has a tip?

I hope this works

it has all 7 seasons

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived