IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, tumblr said:

Tori and Carlin are both close to my age so I would be really curious to see what we have in common. Other than that probably any of the under 10 kids, just be cause I love kids. Though my normal kid bonding of showing off my dinosaur tattoo might not work on a bates kids. 

Haha!  Just make sure that if you did show the Bates kids your dino tattoo that you mention that the dinosaur is not more than 6000 years old.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't pick Zach or any other Bates men in the elevator thing. I bet they would be uncomfortable and weird while being alone with a woman. Probably Handy Chad would be the best option, followed by John Quiet Webster. The very worse would be definitely Kelton and Nathan.

I think I'd pick Kelly or Josie/Katie. They wouldn't have a hysterical reaction being stuck in the elevator and I can picture them chatting and not being preachy. I dislike Kelly but I think she can act nice and normal if she wants.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:28 AM, bal maiden said:

I think I'd like to be stuck with Kelly Jo. To find out what she's really like when the cameras are off. My spidey senses tell me she's a very different person on and off camera. 

Reading this I had an instant visual of her dressed like Pinky Tuscadaro and standing on the bar thing to stick her head out of the ceiling tile of elevator smoking a Marlboro red.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, haroldtheyrefundies said:

I think I would pick Chad because I'm sure he will be able to fix the problem as soon as possible. 

LOL this was my answer as well.

I am claustrophobic af and if anyone in that family would have me out of there, it would be Chad. And he seems pleasant and is hot so I wouldn't be wanting to die waiting for him to fix the issue. 

Runner up would probably be Alyssa. I like her clothes and I am also interested in the Royal Family like she apparently is, asking her where she shops and what she thinks of Kate's style would at least give me something to talk to her about that isn't god, while I probably wouldn't have a damn thing to say to most of the others and they'd probably try and save me and lead the former Catholic turned atheist to fundie Jeebus to fill the silence. No thanks.

I think Zach would be the least annoying choice but I am a bit curious of what Lawson is REALLY like. Also if any of them is gay I would like to talk to that person and try to help them get out and find a new life where they don't have to be miserable. 

Have we discussed the redecoration on the last show? Apparently not satisfied with frequent repainting of her own house, Erin headed up a redo of the Bates’ living and dining rooms while her parents were in Utah with Josie. Tori and Chad helped. It looked updated  - getting rid of the old orange curtains was a good call - but I’m not sure how much Gil and Kelly will like it. The girls also threw out a lot of stuff. My parents would be super pissed if I did that.

7 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The girls also threw out a lot of stuff. My parents would be super pissed if I did that.

Idk but they might know what they hate.  If my daughter did something like this she would know what I'd be happy to be rid of and what had better be safely in storage if it moved.

I find it so hard to believe Gil and Kelly didn't know that was going on. I do think she did a good job, and while it might not be my style, it looked so much better. Now if they didn't know, and she did that, that would rub me the wrong way. 

9 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Have we discussed the redecoration on the last show? Apparently not satisfied with frequent repainting of her own house, Erin headed up a redo of the Bates’ living and dining rooms while her parents were in Utah with Josie. Tori and Chad helped. It looked updated  - getting rid of the old orange curtains was a good call - but I’m not sure how much Gil and Kelly will like it. The girls also threw out a lot of stuff. My parents would be super pissed if I did that.

I'm 100% sure it was staged and Gil and Kelly were OK with everything.

I don't really get how people/Erin constantly repaint their houses. Don't you have to move everything out of the room, tape up all the edges, etc? I found painting even empty rooms ended up being like a 3 day project.

Chad or Whitney would be my choice for Bates to be stuck in an elevator with.

I don't really get how people/Erin constantly repaint their houses. Don't you have to move everything out of the room, tape up all the edges, etc? I found painting even empty rooms ended up being like a 3 day project.
Just head on over to the Erin thread to discuss [emoji85]

Harking back to the Crown College Nursing School discussion, the Crown College "School of Healthcare & Science" website is finally live and it's...interesting. https://crowntradesandtech.com/science-and-healthcare/ 

It's all AS degrees, theoretically, with some rather -- odd -- curricula. They have a General AS Track, and Math/Stem Track, a Pre-Engineering/Stem Track, a Pre-Healthcare Track, and a Pre-Nursing Track. I do wonder exactly where they expect those AS credits to transfer though, since their expected outcomes of the AS degree are somewhat practical, but also rather concerning in spots. And EVERYONE has to take creation science. Do these degrees really meet AS requirements?

To quote:

* Upon completion of the associate of science degree the student will be able to:

• Demonstrate knowledge of the natural sciences, physical, chemical, or biological as it applies to the chosen field of study.
  • Demonstrate the ability to critically examine knowledge and theory through scientific, mathematical and Biblical methodology.
  • Work as a team member in project-based learning and work environments.
  • Demonstrate communication skills through verbal, non-verbal and written modalities 

man, UpTV is doing a duggar-copy & made a whole bunch of the sibs make "congrats" videos for the newlyweds...i swear the Bates are just naturally more interesting people, ha.

10 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

man, UpTV is doing a duggar-copy & made a whole bunch of the sibs make "congrats" videos for the newlyweds...i swear the Bates are just naturally more interesting people, ha.

I think for the most part the Bates are more active people. It seems like aside from G and KJ, the adults are either working or attending college. There's a whole lot of Duggars doing nothing, [from what we see]. The Duggars must be bored out of their minds.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:04 PM, Sheltie said:

Did you go out to the Arts & Crafts community on Glades Road?

Actually we did not. How old is it? It was quite a while ago.

No chemistry? Music as a requirement? I looked at my local CC requirements (ACEN accredited, don't know how much that matters) and the Crown AS is so light on the sciences that there's no way you'd be prepared to continue at a 4 year college. 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:21 AM, freethemall said:

My mom repaints her whole house every couple of years, one room at a time. She is just really efficient at it. I like to repaint too and I do okay, but she's something else. A few years back she flew out to help me move into a new apartment and suggested that we paint over the ugly color that was already on the walls. We picked out a color and I asked her to get started while I was at work the next day... the whole apartment was done when I got back. OK, it was a cramped urban apartment, but damn! She is so good with the trim edger that she barely even tapes.

I don't know why but I suspect Alyssa is pregnant with #4 already. Maybe that "proud of you" pic from Lawson was about a pregnancy after all. 

If anyone's interested, I just created a spreadsheet of the Crown College AS courses to see how they mapped out. There *are* math and science courses, but a lot of them are "Select Natural Science" or "Select Math" courses without saying what the options are. I classed courses as General, Science and Math, Religion, Writing and Speech, and Humanities and Social Science. While I'm sure they'd class "Creation Science" as a Science course, I've decided it's probably best classed as Religion.

Note: Click on the image to see the text at a readable size.

CCB HC&S.PNG

4 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I don't know why but I suspect Alyssa is pregnant with #4 already. Maybe that "proud of you" pic from Lawson was about a pregnancy after all. 

I have a feeling she is as well.

4 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I will add my speculation that Whitney is too. 

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have a feeling she is as well.

I will add my speculation that Whitney is too. 

I have the same feeling, but i really hope no. I just feel like no matter what she says, Alyssa is not going to stop until she has a boy. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived