IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

They did the same thing for AARP when they were talking about Tori and Bobby and budget management with their move to Nashville. I was kind of surprised about that, but then again I guess not?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes, it was awful. Zach claimed that when he was growing up his parents always bought off-brand, except for Honey Nut Cheerios.

It was maybe the most awkward thing I've ever seen. Dear Up, don't ask the Zach Bates to do commercials. They're very bad at it. 

So far I recall AARP, Cracker Barrel and Honey Nut Cheerios as sponsors. 

I wonder if they pay for the production of the show or the Bates family? I posed this question last week.

15 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes, it was awful. Zach claimed that when he was growing up his parents always bought off-brand, except for Honey Nut Cheerios.

We definitely need an eye roll reaction!!! 

16 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

So far I recall AARP, Cracker Barrel and Honey Nut Cheerios as sponsors. 

I wonder if they pay for the production of the show or the Bates family? I posed this question last week.

And Rent-a-Center too. ZachNey did another awkward episode where they got a couch from them in an earlier season.

29 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're just terrible at the commercials. I don't recall the Duggars having to do that...

Boob is probably jealous now. That's likely extra income on top of what UP pays. 

In the short mid-commercial-break segment, they had one of the little boys say something about proposals that went “if you don’t have the ring...” etc. (It was very scripted.) The last one was, “And if you don’t have the girl... you might be my brother.” I laughed out loud.

11 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're just terrible at the commercials. I don't recall the Duggars having to do that...

They pimped out Swiffers, among a few other items that I can't recall offhand.

Ok, what is going on? I am watching the last three episodes (thanks YouTube) and there are some many things I find confusing:

1. There is obviously also an ad for AARP. Is that how they fund the show (the weddings) now?

2. When they tore down the church building all I could wonder about was how crappy it was built. It looked like paper and splinters hold together by nails and tape. Was that building checked by any officials if it is safe as it was used a place to accommodate lots of people. Was it even insured- I cannot see any insurance company taking it on.

3. In the TH with Carlin and Josie (when they went dress shopping with With), Carlin really looked like she had to try hard not to look super pissy or make a snide remark to Josie. She looked more like she would like to strangle her just a little bit. I thought it was stupid of Josie to say “oh no she is in the lead” when they sat on the Couch at Renee’s. Maybe they messed with the timeline for the episodes but come one. She must know her sister is still farer from engagement than her.

4. Kelton definitely lost some serious Brownie-Points when it became clear that the Utah trip was already in the books as a birthday trip from her parents. I was surprised that Kelly and Gil even pay enough attention to what their children want. But why did no one ask Josie why she likes Utah so much? 

5. That new church building is massive...

6. Highly superficial: I don’t get the general consensus that Josie is the prettiest sister. 

I think they're all very beautiful girls.  The Bates did not fail in the genes department.  Its funny because you have like a type within the family. The Alyssa, Josie type.  The Michaella, Addallee type.  The, Tori, Erin, Katie type.  

23 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m voting CarlVan engagement

I agree, and I think they did it at the beach.

#braceyourselfforadelugeofhashtags  #Immarryingmybestfriend4ever #happilyeverafterwithu #Jesuslovesthemallandourlovestory #whereourvapidlovestorybegins 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Come on guys, you all know we want that Zoolander wedding :pb_lol: 

Bridezilla!!!!!!!!!

Tori will have the baby in November, Carlin will get married in December.   That's my guess.  And then in January they'll have something else to announce.  

I'm happy for her.  Despite her immaturity and loud personality, she deserves to be in love and to be able to get out of Gil and Kelly's home and being a sister-mom.  

41 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tori will have the baby in November, Carlin will get married in December.   That's my guess.  And then in January they'll have something else to announce.  

Josie's pregnancy?

42 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I'm happy for her.  Despite her immaturity and loud personality, she deserves to be in love and to be able to get out of Gil and Kelly's home and being a sister-mom.  

Josie's pregnancy?

No, too soon. I bet they will announce Whit’s next pregnancy after Carlin’s wedding.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, TeaELSee said:

Off topic. Is anyone from the area where the Bates live?  

After watching the scenery I booked a cabin in Gatlinburg late October, no I’m not going to look for the Bates!  Does anyone have insider ideas on what to do and where to go?  We are not going to Dollywood, but we are going to do the tram and coaster ride in Gatlinburg. 

I’m looking for more outside the box stuff! 

We went to Gatlinburg quite a few years ago and although the area was pretty, we were disappointed that it was store after store of basic tourist trinkets. I was hoping to find some regional antiques but it was just the trivial stuff. We actually left a day early.

3 hours ago, doubleT said:

.  Despite her immaturity and loud personality, she deserves to be in love and to be able to get out of Gil and Kelly's home and being a sister-mom.  

She really isn't any less mature than Kelton. I hate the only way she sees to adulthood is marriage, but I do hope she can get out from her parent's wings and figure out who she really is and what she really wants. And I hope that if down the road she is miserable in this marriage she understands it is okay to get divorced. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived