IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

On 12/27/2018 at 8:54 AM, formergothardite said:

Yes she did. The buddy was the only one who got to know if it was a boy or a girl before the baby was born. Kelly truly checked out with the young ones and there seems to be no indication she decided to go back to mothering once the sister moms got married. These poor kids. They are being raised on reality television and their parents have no desire to parent them. 

I've wondered how they felt when they see their parents holding their grandchildren and fussing over them. Even if its just for the cameras do they realize that or do they wonder why they don't have any of their parents attention? Or Kelly buying a bunch of presents for Bradley's 1st birthday while ignoring them.   

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitney will announce soon. She was devastated for the miscarriage. She's young, energetic and has only 2 kids. She can afford mentally and physically and financially a third baby.

And I suppose Josie will get pregnant soon (or maybe she already is).

I really hope Alyssa and Erin take a break. Their 3 are really young, their houses are tiny and Alyssa and Chad look exhausted.

And in spite of how hardcore fundie Michael is, I wish she gets pregnant too.

9 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

So I saw a picture on insta of Trace and Zach in uniform together. Is Trace a deputy too?

Edited to include link

If you zoom in you can see his name tag. Pretty sure it reads “T. Bates, Deputy Sheriff*.” 

*I think it says Sheriff. That part wasn’t too clear to me.

13 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Well, good for him. At least that’s a real job!

Good for him for sure. But another uneducated, racist, fundamentalist wearing a policeman uniform is not what Tennessee needs, in my opinion.

(If there is evidence that Trace is not racist, I promise to delete this comment and to apologise).

I’ve been saying since Josie got married that she and Whit will be pregnant together and they will love it since they are so close. And if they have children that are the same sex, there will be cutesie matching outfit photo shoots in their futures.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been saying since Josie got married that she and Whit will be pregnant together and they will love it since they are so close. And if they have children that are the same sex, there will be cutesie matching outfit photo shoots in their futures.

if this happens can you shoot me a warning?

just so I don't roll my eyes so hard that they freeze that way.

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

If you zoom in you can see his name tag. Pretty sure it reads “T. Bates, Deputy Sheriff*.” 

*I think it says Sheriff. That part wasn’t too clear to me.

Interesting--when Zach graduated from his law enforcement training, they made a big deal about it. I don't recall this being mentioned for Trace at all.

Zach has also done additional training. Here's a press release about crisis intervention training he did last year: https://www.ridgeview.com/system/news/view/69/cit-celebrates-graduates

I should point out that Trace could be a "Reserve Deputy" (ie unpaid). Here's the info about Reserve Deputies in Anderson: http://www.tnacso.net/reserve.php

Kelly was bugging me when she complained about another wedding. Anyone else I'd probably have some sympathy for. But what exactly does she do in each wedding? Her sister always makes the cakes, another one does the flowers, someone else plans the shower, someone else does the bridesmaids dresses and if they need fix well Michael does that when she shows up before the wedding, someone else makes the dress. How is it stressful for you Kelly? Losing the teacher and someone who cooks? You have four more daughters to shove that onto and I'm not convinced that she wouldn't decide to make the boys do that if or once all four daughters remaining are married off or shove them off more on Zach and Erin. I'd love to see someone ask her what she actually does.

Another fundie asshole with a gun and a badge. They are very common around here...and very scary.

• 2 weeks later...

March for Life is this Friday in DC. Do we think any Bateseseseses will drive up for it?

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

March for Life is this Friday in DC. Do we think any Bateseseseses will drive up for it?

I’m so glad I’m furloughed and I won’t have to run into any sanctimonious pro-life assholes.  (Actually I’ve been teleworking on Fridays for years, but still.)

Has anyone been watching the show? I finally saw the season premier and watching Whitney sob at her vow renewal because of her previous estrangement from her parents kept them from her first wedding was disconcerting.  That's what drove the weird date of the renewal. This was her way of asking for forgiveness and trying to make it up to them. If it wasn't for all the shame and guilt behind it, it wouldn't be so off putting. 

2 hours ago, JMO said:

That's what drove the weird date of the renewal.

I think the original idea was that it would celebrate their five-year anniversary last month, but it got moved up when Whitney found out she was pregnant (sadly, she miscarried).

On a Facebook live aired before the episode tonight, Zach shared that something about the miscarriage will be aired, thanked everyone for their support. From what i could gather, they may have done a tree planting with Erin to remember the baby lost (specifically remember Whitney and Zach's miscarriage, but I'm inferring Erin's three? losses are included as well). Whitney seemed very very upset about it still - completely stony face like she was trying not to cry. 

Ah found links. 

Also, Jackson is in 11th grade and is in dual enrollment college courses. Not sure if that's through Crown. He's also working for Chad.

And then they talked about their chick-fil-a orders. ?

Erin is also coming out with a solo piano album at the end of the month so at least she still plays, even if she's not teaching anymore!

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Also, Jackson is in 11th grade and is in dual enrollment college courses.

Well maybe the sister homeschooling moms are actually doing a better job than Kelly! 

Last night episode recap:

A Proposal to Plan & Wedding To-Dos' Recap

Bringing Up Bates "A Proposal to Plan & Wedding To-Dos"

Evan meets up with Kelly and Erin at Erin’s house to make an engagement plan. “Evan is coming to Erin and my mom for advice because they’re really close to Carlin,” says Callie. “[Evan] doesn’t know everything.”

Zach weighs in: “I’m kind of against these guys going to all my sisters and all the women in the family and getting advice on how to do their engagement because each time the girls see one, they’re like, ‘We could go even bigger next time.’ And by the time poor Callie gets married, they’re going to have to do some kind of marriage on Mars or engagement in space, something like that, doing it in orbit.”

“When Carlin told him, ‘Ask Erin and ask my mom,’ I knew we were in trouble,” says Gil. “We might be just a wee bit over the top,” admits Kelly, who comes up with the idea of a Maine lighthouse backdrop.

Erin says the highlight of the proposal for Carlin is going to be dancing with Evan. Gil and Kelly admit that they don't do much dancing in their household, so it’s really going to be a “first dance.”

Next, it's time for a Bates family cook-off! “My family loves competition,” says Erin. 

“We love food, and if we’re going to hang out, we should eat,” says Zach. “Why not get together and have a competition about food?”

Lawson, Erin, and Zach compete to see who can make the best chicken dish with a veggie side, while Callie, Ellie, Judson, and Jeb judge based on taste and appearance.

Erin amazes everyone by coming in with her veggies “pre-diced and cut up all pretty,” as Zach puts it.

Zach makes stuffed mushrooms and jalapeno popper chicken. Erin prepares chicken stuffed with rainbow colored veggies. Lawson, on the other hand, is “cooking to please the judges,” says Kelly. He makes fried chicken with mac n cheese.

Zach comes in third with 52 points. Lawson comes in second with 66, and Erin wins with 69.

“These small children have never been to a fancy dinner,” states Zach. “They don’t know anything about plating.”

Judson’s opinion is that “the cooks should have made bacon and eggs.”

Later, Kelly and Josie meet with Kim at the outdoor wedding venue that they have chosen. Josie is concerned about rain, but she still really wants an outdoor wedding.

Soon after Zach and Whitney find out that they have miscarried their third child, Erin and Chad and the kids come over for a visit. Zach explains to the children that they are going to plant a dogwood tree to show that “life is still there, and it’s still growing. Even when it don’t look like it’s moving, you’ll come back out here in years, and that tree will be a lot bigger, and it’s going to bloom every spring with flowers and remind us of the little lives that are up there in heaven.”

Zach says that the miscarriage “broke Bradley’s heart.” But Bradley believes that Jesus will put another baby in Mommy's belly.

“The tree is just a significant reminder of, not just the bad times, but also how good God is to us,” says Whitney.

Whenever I read recaps of this and Counting On, I'm so amused by how much more thought out the Bates' show seems. 

19 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think the original idea was that it would celebrate their five-year anniversary last month, but it got moved up when Whitney found out she was pregnant (sadly, she miscarried).

Except that there was a lot of planning that went into the ceremony and they announced at the reception that she was pregnant.  She had only recently found out from what I gathered from an exchange between her and Erin. I think she wanted a warm weather ceremony.  But she talked a lot about wanting forgiveness for not having her birth parents at their first wedding.  And then Nate also had to weigh in ?

I felt very sorry for Whitney. She still cries when she talks about this, tearing p in the FB live after the show, too.  

Thank you @miss_batson for the recap.

I did enjoy your quote about Zach's reaction to the proposal ideas. He's right about the bar being raised with each courtship/proposal/wedding. 

I also found your report about the cook-off interesting. I liked that it was Erin vs two of her brothers, especially since Nathan regularly spouts such a misogynistic attitude. I was pleasantly surprised that it sounds like Zach and Lawson actually competently cooked instead of turning into a joke. I'm not sure that would have happened in the Duggar household.

Regarding Bradley’s heartbreak/comment about the miscarriage, does that mean that Jesus is choosing to not put a baby in Michael’s belly?? ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived