IGNORED

Senator McCain is discontinuing cancer treatments /Senator McCain Passed RIP

47of74

Several times during the funeral I heard speakers mention Cindy and Senator's McCain's mother.   I wondered if Mrs McCain could still be alive.  She is and she's 106!  She made the trip to DC to bring John's body.  No mother should outlive a child.  I hope that Mrs McCain will bear the burden well.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Several times during the funeral I heard speakers mention Cindy and Senator's McCain's mother.   I wondered if Mrs McCain could still be alive.  She is and she's 106!  She made the trip to DC to bring John's body.  No mother should outlive a child.  I hope that Mrs McCain will bear the burden well.

Yes, Roberta is still with us. Many people say that John (or Johnny as his mother calls him) got much of his personality from her - she’s a pretty spunky woman. Here’s the Wikipedia page for her:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberta_McCain

ETA: I started laughing at the part about her threatening to wash John’s mouth out with soap when she heard he swore at his captors when he was released. After everything he went through you’d think he’d earned a pass, but nope! :pb_lol:

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 9

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So Lindsey Graham invited Ivanka to suck up to Trump 

or make sure Trump won't bomb the cathedral?

This is false actually. Senator Graham just stated on CNN that he did not invite Ivanka and Jared. Everyone present at the service yesterday was invited by the McCain family. 

ETA: I’m referring to your comment that Graham invited them himself. It almost sounded like you were saying that Graham didn’t get the ok from the family and I wanted to be sure people realized that wasn’t the case if they didn’t look at the article you linked. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

"Arizona governor to tap former senator Jon Kyl to replace the late senator John McCain, according to McCain’s widow"

Spoiler

Gov. Doug Ducey was making the announcement Tuesday, two days after McCain was laid to rest. Kyl served as senator from 1995 to 2013.

In a tweet, Cindy McCain said, “Kyl is a dear friend of mine and John’s. It’s a great tribute to John that he is prepared to go back into public service to help the state of Arizona.”
This is a developing story. It will be updated.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...