IGNORED

Senator McCain is discontinuing cancer treatments /Senator McCain Passed RIP

47of74

" Shit, this isn't how it was supposed to go. We're getting too much criticism. Quick,, lower the flag again!"

• Upvote 9

No matter what you may have thought of his political views, these are powerful and potent last words.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I cannot say enough about the Honor Flight Network.  Such a great program!  Mr MM's beloved uncle was able to go a few years ago, and it was awesome for him.

So sad how few of the WW2 vets are still around.

Good onya, Bob Dole, for still getting out there :)

My grandfather got to go a few years before he passed - it was his first ever flight! He'd served in Europe during the war, but went by boat (and was apparently seasick the entire time). He never spoke much about the war, but spoke highly of the trip to see the memorial.

I cannot even believe that we have a president who is so much of a toddler that he can't even put together a decent condolence statement. Melania should take away his phone and send him to bed without his McDonald's for being such a stubborn brat. 

I also cannot believe that his "yay military" "patriot" base can see what he's said and not be majorly pissed off. They need to pull the MAGA hats off of their eyes and pay attention!

I often disagreed with McCain's politics, and was irritated that he was the vehicle for the Palins to get famous, but he seemed to always be a gracious, good person, worthy of respect. Condolences to his family, and may he rest in peace.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Aide tazes Trump, tweets statement?

well it COULD be him too since he managed to make it all about Trump

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 10

Good grief. Good, fucking grief. Even when he's been caught out and criticised for not following protocol at the death of a senator and has to rectify his grievous mistake, he makes it all about him. He can take his wanking proclamation and shove it where the sun don't shine.

• Upvote 10

So someone(or a bunch of people) pulled him aside and said even Fox news would have a difficult time spinning him treating McCain like shit so he better get that flag lowered and release a statement that at least acknowledges his service to our country. 

• Upvote 15

That is a serious show must go on face she's rocking there. I sort of feel sorry for her like 90% of the time.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

That is a serious show must go on face she's rocking there. I sort of feel sorry for her like 90% of the time.

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She's made her bed. Now she must lie in it. If she doesn't like it, she should leave, and take her son with her. Far, far away from that toxic environment. Since she doesn't, she will get no sympathy from me.

(Unless she is suffering from battered-wife syndrome - maybe not literally battered, but you know what I mean - then I do feel for her. Nobody deserves that.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Not to derail, but yeah, I often wonder how Melania deals with the Great Orange-Haired Unintended Consequence's daily routine of rantings, gross missteps and just overall idiocy.  I know she married him and had to have known what he was like, so she took it on willingly, but somehow I can't help but feel that never in her wildest dreams did she think she would be dealing with this.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She's made her bed. Now she must lie in it. If she doesn't like it, she should leave, and take her son with her. Far, far away from that toxic environment. Since she doesn't, she will get no sympathy from me.

(Unless she is suffering from battered-wife syndrome - maybe not literally battered, but you know what I mean - then I do feel for her. Nobody deserves that.)

One of the theories is that she has an legal agreement which would give Trump full custody of their son if she divorces him. I don't know the legality of this, or likelihood of something like that being carried out. 

I do think after his term ends and Barron becomes an adult, they will get divorced and we will get some STORIES. And I am here for it. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

Not to derail, but yeah, I often wonder how Melania deals with the Great Orange-Haired Unintended Consequence's daily routine of rantings, gross missteps and just overall idiocy. 

It‘s just a guess but I assume they don‘t actually deal with each other. Probably not even talking more than necessary. It‘s so obvious to me she is waiting for the right time to leave and he must have noticed by now. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

It‘s just a guess but I assume they don‘t actually deal with each other. Probably not even talking more than necessary. It‘s so obvious to me she is waiting for the right time to leave and he must have noticed by now. 

I suspect that dealing with each other as little as possible has to be the way she survives.  Though I think the El Cheetoh is too busy tweeting and contributing to whatever chaos he chooses to wreak on a given day to notice.    

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

She probably thought he'd be dead by now.

Given his eating habits, she probably didn't think she will need to divorce him but it might be taking longer to achieve death by McDonald's.   

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

On 8/26/2018 at 1:01 PM, AuntK said:

Class, character, dignity.  THIS is how the President of the United States is SUPPOSED to act!

I didn't agree with McCain on most of his politics, and didn't appreciate his part in escalating whacko Sarah Palin to the national stage, (although I'm sure his advisors had a great deal to do with that), BUT, that being said, he was an honest-to-God American patriot who "more than self his country loved."   Unlike the orange, narcissistic, greedy, incompetent, misogynistic, racist bigoted shithead who is now occupying the Oval Office.

They did. I believe that McCain spoke recently or wrote in his last book about how he had wanted to pick Joe Lieberman (my former Senator.) Lieberman was a Democrat turned Independent (he lost a primary race to Ned Lamont one year and later won that general election as an Independent), but Lieberman would have been a good choice for McCain given that they were friends and it would have showcased McCain’s commitment to bipartisanship. Unfortunately, his campaign felt otherwise and they pushed Palin as the choice because they wanted to appeal to more female voters. :pb_rollseyes:

Ultimately, McCain was the one who made that choice though. I think he chose badly that time and to be honest I’m pretty sure he’d agree with that because I think he said as much at one point.

• Upvote 11