IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

1 hour ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Looks like lazy Lori used some of Ken's hard earned money to boost another post. No way she magically racked in over 400 comments, when her other posts at best have less than 100. 

Screenshot_20180919-080150.png

I'm only seeing the number of comments at 138 on my laptop. I think the others are replies to  comments, there are quite a few threads within threads on that post. But you're probably right; it's been awhile since she WENT VIRAL, so I'm sure she threw some of Ken's money at Facebook. Such a frugal, budget-friendly use of money; right up there with $14 butter and $50 homemade cookies. :pb_lol:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband didn’t marry me because he needed someone to cook and clean for him. He’s more than able to do those things himself- and often does. I didn’t marry him because I needed him to protect me or provide for me. We married because we love each other, wanted to build a life together, to weather life’s storms and celebrate life’s highs together. He is my person and I am his. 18 years of marriage- I think we are doing something right. 

14 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

What Lori also fails to recognize is often the husband's pension is only for his lifetime.  That's what happened with my mom.  Her income was cut by 2/3 when my dad died (SS plus pension).  Fortunately, she had worked for 22 years for a large oil company and had her own IRA,, plus lots of stock she purchased through ESOP.  I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh if Ken died and she found out she had nothing because he is lord and master over the money and he spent it all on some vice like gambling.  Schadenfreude in the highest!

Stashing paychecks -- after 7 years in Louisiana they become unclaimed property and the money ends up in the state slush fund unless it's claimed.  Makes you wonder how many paychecks this Diana person donated to her state because of her stupidity.

Sometimes I wish I could just post on Lori's FB the ever so juvenile response of "bite me."

Yeah, I would laugh if that happened. I do think somehow "pride goeth before the fall" will happen somehow to Lori or her family. Let's say Ken gets a serious illness post retirement and that eats up his retirement fund. He passes before Lori and she isn't left with much. She'll probably look to her sons for financial support which they may be fine with giving. But, her daughter-in-laws might not be ok with it and her own sons for whatever reasons could end up with financial problems if there are health issues or disabilities in their own families 

If Ken is financing even part of their life with debt Lori is in for a rude awakening when he retires or dies. Regardless of her stance on debt being evil I have no trouble believing that Ken keeps financial details from her or she simply refuses to listen believing it is his job to keep them afloat.

3 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

If Ken is financing even part of their life with debt Lori is in for a rude awakening when he retires or dies. Regardless of her stance on debt being evil I have no trouble believing that Ken keeps financial details from her or she simply refuses to listen believing it is his job to keep them afloat.

When Ken posted here, he and Lori argued over money because of her spending a lot on expensive organic food and supplements.  I might have missed it, but I don't think he ever explained how they resolved that issue.  I'm guessing he just gave into that.  I wouldn't be surprised if she rarely looks at bank statements, bills, etc. It could be Ken doing all of it and not giving her the details. 

The title of this thread couldn't be more relevant. This woman seriously plays to her racist MRA base, even more than SSM ever did, complete with the coyness, flirting and inappropriate behavior/conversation. 

This jaw-dropping comment was left on her "Strong Black Woman" post, and I'm still so angry I can't type straight. (CW: freaking Lori and her freaking racist asshole readers).

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180918-191513.thumb.png.32f061392257644b2c40c76f743cc9c8.png

Ken ... this reflects on you. It reflects on your business. I don't usually wish ill on anyone, but I really do hope she and her bullshit end up taking you and your entire business down.

More evidence Lori's writing is 1) Awful and 2) Spiteful 3) Ineffective. Her post that states MacArthur's view on the women's sphere is again written in a very non-aggressive, calm, and reasonable tone. He does not threaten sin, hell, heathen children, divorce, cheating husbands, or use any weirdly personal anecdotes to condemn an entire group of people. He also does not judge or name-call women who do not choose to stay at home. He says to use wisdom in cases where there may be exceptions.  MacAurthur's beliefs as a whole are disgusting and backward, but in this excerpt, he is simply stating that if you hold yourself to the standard set by his Biblical interpretation, this is what your life should look like. Many women do choose a life like that even if they are feminists or not fundamental Christians. 

The main problem of course is his quote from a "radical feminist" who claims that homemaking is an illegitimate profession; this is ridiculous since feminists think very highly of homemakers who choose to be homemakers! 

My point is, Lori's writing is abrasive, uses flawed logic, makes no room for exceptions, and only appeals to people who think exactly like her.  Perhaps this is a blessing because if she DID write more like MacAurthur, she might gain more of a following. 

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm only seeing the number of comments at 138 on my laptop. I think the others are replies to  comments, there are quite a few threads within threads on that post. But you're probably right; it's been awhile since she WENT VIRAL, so I'm sure she threw some of Ken's money at Facebook. Such a frugal, budget-friendly use of money; right up there with $14 butter and $50 homemade cookies. :pb_lol:

There was some purging done overnight.  I was still up late and at midnight the comments were something like 395, I just checked and it's down to 150 and there are several new ones that weren't there last night.  So either the Godly mentor was up doing some cleaning or one of her minions was.  I agree, she totally threw money at this one.  Attention whores gotta get theirs too I suppose......

Wtf did I just read??!! She is making me seriously stabby today. Must be my "female emotions". :bangheaddesk:

Lori wouldn't know good works if it bit her in the arse.  

20180919_112913.png

I really wish Lori would drop the  "Godly" thing. 

She's not. The things she posts are complaints. Instead of telling her daughter she doesn't like yoga pants, she posts a diatribe against them for everybody. She's too pansy to tell her family members to their faces that she disapproves of their clothing, food, college choices, child rearing decisions, etc... so she attacks them passive aggressively with her "Godly wisdom". 

NOTHING she posts does anything at all to bring people closer to God. Nothing.

No profession of faith, no telling how God changed or improved her life (just how learning to "submit" made her husband tolerate her better), no words about God's love. I haven't read her entire blog, I admit, but from what I have seen there seems to be NOTHING there that would lead a person to Christ. Lots that would push a new Christian away, tons that would push a non-Christian farther away from Christianity, but nothing at all that does anything to help people become Christians.

She doesn't even provide a good EXAMPLE, as nasty as she can be, and as often as she does the exact opposite of what she proclaims is Godly.

Lori absolutely paid to have that post boosted.  When her fan girls were chewing people out for having the audacity to post on her page, one of them pointed out that Lori's post just appeared in his feed.  Frugal Lori is back to paying for attention.  Again.

36 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I really wish Lori would drop the  "Godly" thing. 

She's not. The things she posts are complaints. Instead of telling her daughter she doesn't like yoga pants, she posts a diatribe against them for everybody. She's too pansy to tell her family members to their faces that she disapproves of their clothing, food, college choices, child rearing decisions, etc... so she attacks them passive aggressively with her "Godly wisdom". 

NOTHING she posts does anything at all to bring people closer to God. Nothing.

No profession of faith, no telling how God changed or improved her life (just how learning to "submit" made her husband tolerate her better), no words about God's love. I haven't read her entire blog, I admit, but from what I have seen there seems to be NOTHING there that would lead a person to Christ. Lots that would push a new Christian away, tons that would push a non-Christian farther away from Christianity, but nothing at all that does anything to help people become Christians.

She doesn't even provide a good EXAMPLE, as nasty as she can be, and as often as she does the exact opposite of what she proclaims is Godly.

She doesn't teach anything. Just bitches 

What we NEVER see from Lori, in post, in reflection of her character or life: 

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Her post that states MacArthur's view on the women's sphere is again written in a very non-aggressive, calm, and reasonable tone.

I disliked this post a lot less than others I've read lately. Personally, I think MacArthur's tone is less agressive than Lori's because he's a man that is talking down to the little women who need guidance. It feels condescending to me:

Spoiler

You say, “Why in the world does God want women to be so busy?” At the risk of sounding trite, it keeps them out of sin. Proverbs 7:11 gives a startling picture of a harlot. It says this about a harlot: “She is boisterous and rebellious, and her feet do not remain at home.” She doesn’t find her home sufficiently fulfilling. She needs something else, and that leads her into sin.

Like children, womenfolk need to be kept busy and out of trouble. You're either busy at home or you're a harlot. 

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I disliked this post a lot less than others I've read lately. Personally, I think MacArthur's tone is less agressive than Lori's because he's a man that is talking down to the little women who need guidance. It feels condescending to me:

Like children, womenfolk need to be kept busy and out of trouble. You're either busy at home or you're a harlot. 

Like she would know, with a housekeeper AND a nanny while beeing a SAHM. Must have been very busy times for her.

4 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Wtf did I just read??!! She is making me seriously stabby today. Must be my "female emotions". :bangheaddesk:

20180919_112913.png

Um, what does she write?  Something about ".....we are to care for those who are in need."

this from a woman who couldn't leave her once in a lifetime Door County  vacation to see her dying mother.

16 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Like she would know, with a housekeeper AND a nanny while beeing a SAHM. Must have been very busy times for her.

I know, right? It's so incredibly difficult to lie on the couch for hours while the nanny holds the baby to keep it from crying and disturbing you.

And now, of course, she's SO busy at home, she just can't possibly be sinning. Her feet are firmly planted at home, you see. Her mind is off on the internet running around doing whatever she pleases, but the Word says her FEET have to remain at home. Or on vacation in Door County 1/4 of the year. Or at a restaurant, or shopping for organic butter...

But as long as she is all up in other people's business online while her un-pedicured (because she thinks nail polish causes cancer, despite the photos of her wearing nail polish) feet are "home", she's following the letter of the law, and thus GODLY.

4 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Um, what does she write?  Something about ".....we are to care for those who are in need."

this from a woman who couldn't leave her once in a lifetime months long annual every single year Door County  vacation to see her dying mother.

FTFY

7 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

".....we are to care for those who are in need."

this from a woman who couldn't leave her once in a lifetime Door County  vacation to see her dying mother.

And who can't seem to come up with any ideas, and even deletes the questions when asked about that verse in Proverbs that says the virtuous woman 'stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy,'  when it would be so easy to simply suggest sewing/crocheting/knitting for the poor, or donating some garden produce, or helping out at a homeless shelter occasionally.  

4 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

20180919_112913.png

oops, didn't mean to hit "quote".  I have large peasant thumbs

My cousin, who just had a baby a few months ago, got a nurse to stay over night so she could sleep. Her and her husband both got 4 months off from work when the baby was born. I could see this as being something Lori wishes she would have done.

3 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

But... but...this is what Lori posted in reply to someone on this morning's FB post:

I LOVE being able to help my children and grandchildren. (I just babysat three of my grandchildren for four days and nights!) I was able to spend a lot of time with my mom in her last months. There are many blessings to being home full time even in our older age. Keep praying! God can make a way for you to go home; for with Him nothing is impossible!

:liar1::liar1::liar1:

God frowns upon lying, Lori. :naughty:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived