IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be Brot form as in Brot/bread? I doubt she fries (braten...) the stuff.

The plural would be Formen not forms. That's what evil college education taught me!

Hasn't Lori ever read Matthew 4:4? Of course not, it isn't TItus nor written by Paul. 

PIck your translation of Matthew 4:4

New International Version
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

New Living Translation
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

English Standard Version
But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Berean Study Bible
But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Berean Literal Bible
But answering He said, "It has been written: 'The man shall live not by bread alone, but by every word coming out of the mouth of God.'"

New American Standard Bible
But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"

King James Bible
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Christian Standard Bible
He answered, "It is written: Man must not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

She's not just embracing it, she's got her damn hand down its pants...ijs. (I really want to put a laugh emoji but my phone screen freezes every time i open them up) 

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She's not just embracing it, she's got her damn hand down its pants...ijs. (I really want to put a laugh emoji but my phone screen freezes every time i open them up) 

You have NO idea how glad I am I didn't take a sip of coffee before reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that is peculiar to me is that she has always had ties to the manosphere.  The chat room began almost five years ago, and she was connected to Dalrock and SSM at that time, from what I can recall.  

It's only recently that she seems to have gotten really comfortable associating herself with the manosphere and the menz.

I do not understand this peculiar "coming out" party she's having with the posts that pander to the red pills.  It's bizarre.  

I just took a pass through Doug Wilson's blog, after a nice long time away, and by golly he has discovered Lori. He has approving, polysyllabic things to say about Debt Free Virgins without Tattoos. But he never mentions her by name or transformedness, just calls her a "nice Christian lady."  So I wonder --  is she is happy to show up in yet another corner of the manosphere or annoyed that she wasn't namechecked.

For those who haven't had the experience, here's a bit of vintage Doug:

Why, if a woman sleeps with a hundred men, is she slut-shamed, but if a man sleeps with a hundred women, he can get away with bragging about his ‘conquests’? Well, consider this factor. A key that opens a hundred locks can claim to be a master key. A lock that opens to a hundred keys can only claim to be pretty much worthless. And lest you think that I am somehow ‘approving’ of the man in this instance, I actually include him among the fornicators who will not inherit the kingdom of heaven (1 Cor. 6:9). The point is not that his sin is praiseworthy and the immoral woman’s is not, but rather that their sins are radically different because they are radically different. But to say they are radically different is not to say one is blameworthy and the other not. He is a scoundrel, and she is a tramp—let us not praise either one, but let us not confuse them either.”

And a bit more:

“In other words, however we try, the sexual act cannot be made into an egalitarian pleasuring party. A man penetrates, conquers, colonizes, plants. A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.”

Doug:  meet a woman who doesn't receive,  surrender and accept everything men say and do. 

(I have no political opinion regarding this woman;  I like the ad because she's STRONG and won't endure injustice at the hands of men in power)

5 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Wouldn't it be Brot form as in Brot/bread? I doubt she fries (braten...) the stuff.

Looking up Brotform led me to special baskets used for rising/proofing dough.  Looking up Bratform led me to what I'd call either a baking pan (like for brownies) or roasting pan.  I also found those things people use to make their fried eggs into cutesy shapes.

Just to be sure I wasn't condemning her without doing the research (try it, Lori; it's fun!), I also checked to see whether maybe one of the German dialects that came to America pronounced Brot as Brat, which wouldn't be a particularly odd pronunciation change.  Nope, from what I can see, German immigrants brought their Brotformen to America and continued to pronounce it that way.

/language nerd moment

2 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I do not understand this peculiar "coming out" party she's having with the posts that pander to the red pills.  It's bizarre.

Maybe her take-home message from the whole debt-free virgins business was that blatant misogyny and redpill-friendly posts go viral?

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

A man penetrates, conquers, colonizes, plants. A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.

Oh, FFS, Doug, use your imagination.

Lori isn't particularly smart but she knows enough to get the views she wants. I think it's pretty obvious that she's intentionally boosting certain posts. One doesn't go from 400 comments and then only have 30. How is that a good use of their funds? 

On the other hand, 2.0 has fairly consistent amounts of commentary. It might not be the same every post but it's certainly is more regular that the regular old Lori. 

Congratulations Lori, you mastered the art of preparing dough, what no one before you figured out, especially not me in my teens while making my first yeast dough for pizza *eyeroll*. I won't even start on the Doug Wilson garbage or I get bloodpressure.

@FullOfGravy you will most likely find Brotformen at bakeries, they are not very widespread for private use. But if you bake bread here in germany, you use the oven of your stove instead of a 6 quarts dutch oven. That's my only explanation why she use bratform. By the way, in german it would be Bratenform, braten is the verb, while Braten is the noun and Bratenform is a combined noun. And even that word is not really used besides sometimes in advertising for cooking equipment. It's either a Bratpfanne - roasting pan or a Bräter - some kind of large oval shaped pot you use for roasts.

@squiddysquid Thanks for putting it right. And I also doubt that Lori would eat something fried or horror, even deep fried. On fairs and christmas markets here you can get a Langoush, wich is some kind weat flatbread with yeast, that's deep fried instead of baking. And than they put sourcream with lots of garlic on it and you can choose the rest of the toppings from things like tomatoes and bellpeppers, cheese and ham and so on. Pretty delicious.

@klein_roeschen  Danke!  German cooking terms are something I don't know very well, so I was relying on Google, plus a few quick dialect checks to see if it might be different for American descendants of German immigrants.  And it's so much easier for an Anglo to understand German compounds than to make them!  :my_blush:

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Congratulations Lori, you mastered the art of preparing dough, what no one before you figured out, especially not me in my teens while making my first yeast dough for pizza *eyeroll*. I won't even start on the Doug Wilson garbage or I get bloodpressure.

I know, right! Imagine... the answer to having to add more flour to the dough later, is to add more flour to the dough in the first place next time. And how many times has she made this bread before she had this epiphany? Every week for a year? Including while on vacation and visiting her new grandchild and working with her daughter-in-law's inferior kitchen equipment?

Lori not smart.

We knew that she is deliberately willfully stupid, but wow. I think Bro Gary and all the Duggar daughters could have figured that one out before now.

Ken, get that brain tumor checked again, and have some cognitive testing done, before she starts forgetting to turn off the stove.

I figured out adding more flour to bread to make it less sticky maybe the second time I was making bread? Or maybe it was pretzels....I make great soft pretzels. But it's not a big deal for me to add it after unless the flour she uses makes that difficult. I was maybe 20 when I really got into making breads with not a lot of experience. It's not a massive epiphany. I kinda wanna make some this weekend now that I'm writing about it. Maybe that apple bread loaf with an apple pecan drizzle I've been wanting to try. 

Why Margaret you are absolutely correct! Just look at all the things Lori and y'all are offended by. Boobs, shoulders, knees, the female body in general, women leaders, the Bible, education, probably cute animals, the truth, common sense, logic and science,  I could go on but I that would take all day. 

image.png

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Why Margaret you are absolutely correct! Just look at all the things Lori and y'all are offended by. Boobs, shoulders, knees, the female body in general, women leaders, the Bible, education, probably cute animals, the truth, common sense, logic and science,  I could go on but I that would take all day. 

You forgot pants :D

10 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

You forgot pants :D

Dang it I knew I was forgetting something. Wait.... Do you think underwear would be offensive? I mean it's two leg holes which makes them very short pants. And since pants are masculine... And doesn't the Bible only talk about men girding their loins? And because the Bible must be taken literally women should no longer wear sinful underwear. Lol I don't think most of her followers would really like that idea, except maybe Lori. Her and Ken seem to have time weird kinks with the paddling and wrist holding (as described by Ken for calming your wife ha) and stuff. 

The King Arthur Flour catalogue and website sell brotformen, fwiw.

I love to bake bread and would bake bread  often if my husband ate bread more.  His diet had turned plain weird in the last few years.  

So...now Lori has written herself a pass against all those who are 'offended' by her words. It's not HER fault we're offended when she says something outrageous or incredibly demeaning to women (which is pretty much every damned day). It's OUR fault. We CHOOSE to be offended.

Yeah, Lori's off the hook for everything now. ?

15 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Oh geez, that's a terrible visual.

I dip into the Lori threads every so often and it really doesn't surprise me that she supports the moanosphere (typo but left it in because I felt it was apt). It does surprise me that people keep reading what she writes, I can't even hate-read it because it's so long and rambling and incoherent.

Today’s copied post about always smiling. I picture Lori with a permanent case of RBF.  She surely scowls at everyone because no one is as perfect as the Godly mentor.  We know she sneers at people even in church from her criticizing posts. 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Oh geez, that's a terrible visual.

Right?! At first it was just the 70's couple back pocket grip & then I realised....naw bruh. She's got a real live handful there! 

(Yeah I know... I'm not put together too tight) 

I just can't understand why they keep comparing a women working with a boss to submitting to a husband because it's not the same. Employers/bosses don't have the same type of relationship with a female employee and she does with her husband. We don't say those things to a man. Is a man less masculine if he has to submit to a boss? 

And no our culture doesn't mock women who want to serve their husband. They mock the men when they become so lazy they can't serve themselves. 

It reminds me of a study done in I believe India. Many wives were suffering malnutrition because they would serve their husbands and children first and then eat after they'd finished. These men and kids would eat almost all the food leaving little for the mothers to eat. A group came in and asked some families to eat all together. When dinner was shared by both genders, nutrition and family relationships significantly improved. However, the before picture is what Lori's preaching breeds. The image that men should be served first and that promoting laziness is somehow a beautiful picture.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-41148492

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived