IGNORED

Has Anyone Seen Ghouliani Sober?

AmazonGrace

There is a method to the madness of King Donald. Ruddy is the court jester and is put on display to gaslight and confound the TDs.  The rest of us know the man formally known as "Mr. Mayor". is bullshit, but that matters not to the flock. They only believe the last thing they hear forgetting that just two minutes before they were told the exact opposite.   

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Well I'll probably need at least a dozen of those drums for it to even be close to enough.

If we all go in together, maybe we can get a volume discount?

• Haha 3

A woman who had worked with Giuliani in the past was lamenting on a cable news show the loss of the old Rudy -- a man who could easily deliver an hour-long speech without notes, who had a faultless grasp of policy, data, facts, who was a consummate professional as a lawyer and a very sharp politician. 

She had no idea where that Rudy has gone and was rather stunned at Rudy's current iteration (totally unhinged and batshit crazy, although she didn't use those exact terms).  To her, his rampant unprofessionalism and idiotic missteps were shocking and almost unfathomable. 

There's a guest panelist from Politico on Chris Matthews right now who is referring to Rudy as "deranged." 

• Upvote 2

I've lived in the NYC area all my life and I agree whole heartedly.  I never like Giuliani but always felt that he was competent.  It parallels Trumps deterioration.  I wonder if watching Fox causes this or if it's Russia related.

• Upvote 7

Trump is supposed to be enraged over Rudy's comments over the weekend, but Rudy is like a rodeo clown; the clown is a distraction for the enraged bull while protecting the cowboy.  I know, I know, it's not a perfect analogy and doesn't even actually, you know, work as an analogy.   But clown.  Enraged bull.  DISTRACTION. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, candygirl200413 said:

Kind of random but I had no idea he was NOT being paid to be orange fuck face's "legal" televised representation.

Who says he's not? If he's not on the official payroll, you can bet he's being paid by some oligarch. 

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

That would explain a lot of the morons currently employed at the WH too..."where else is a fool like Rudy going to get a job..." 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

That would explain a lot of the morons currently employed at the WH too..."where else is a fool like Rudy going to get a job..." 

Rudy babe so Mike was a low level lawyer who only did little things like public relations you say?  You say the president felt sorry for him? Did you all here that giant swooshing sound?  

Hell now I'm almost feeling sorry for the pathetic little cockroach...almost... oh never mind.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I still get a kick out of Rudy being consistently referred to as "Trump's TV Lawyer."  

• I Agree 7

• 4 weeks later...

"‘Nothing wrong’ with campaign accepting information from Russians, Giuliani says"

Spoiler

Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s personal attorney, said Sunday that there is “nothing wrong” with a campaign accepting information from Russians, defending the Trump team’s efforts to obtain damaging material about Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 race.

“There’s nothing wrong with taking information from Russians,” Giuliani said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “It depends on where it came from.”

Critics said Giuliani’s comments, made in the wake of the release of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, could encourage other campaigns to engage with foreign governments.

“I said it before and I’ll say it again: It’s not ok to seek Russian help in your campaign,” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) said in a tweet. “It’s not ok to use materials they stole from your opponent, or to make it part of your campaign strategy. Sadly, my GOP colleagues do think that’s ok. The American people know better.”

With his comments, Giuliani was “offering a green light” for campaigns to accept in-kind contributions from foreign governments, said Richard Hasen, election law expert at the University of California at Irvine, calling it “troubling.”

“In terms of good campaign practice, as soon as a campaign hears that a foreign government or a foreign entity wants to give help to the campaign, the appropriate thing to do is to go straight to the FBI and to decline that offer,” Hasen said.

In Sunday’s interview, Giuliani told host Jake Tapper that “any candidate in the whole world” would accept negative information on an opponent.

Pressed by Tapper on whether that includes information “from a hostile foreign source,” Giuliani replied, “Who says it’s even illegal?”

Campaigns are not allowed to solicit or accept foreign contributions, which is defined as “anything of value” under campaign-finance laws and regulations. Federal campaigns can hire foreigners to conduct opposition research, as long as they pay a fair-market fee.

According to the report, Trump sought ways to turn leaks of Democratic emails stolen by the Russians to his advantage during the campaign.

At a rally in July 2016, Trump expressed hope that Russia would find about 30,000 emails that Hillary Clinton had said she deleted because they were of a personal nature. After that, “Trump asked individuals affiliated with his Campaign to find the deleted Clinton emails,” Mueller’s team found.

Separately, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., agreed to meet with a Russian lawyer who he was told would share damaging information about Clinton as part of a Russian government effort to assist his father’s campaign, saying in an email: “I love it.”

In his report, Mueller wrote that “candidate-related opposition research given to a campaign for the purpose of influencing an election could constitute a contribution” that is prohibited under the ban on foreign contributions.

But the special counsel declined to pursue campaign-finance charges, in part because it would be difficult to demonstrate that participants knowingly and willfully broke the law, the report said.

Lanhee Chen, who served as 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s policy director, said the standard for whether campaigns should accept information from foreign sources should not just be about legality — but whether it is appropriate.

“I can tell you, pretty firmly, that we certainly would have been deeply suspicious, at the very least, of any information coming from a foreign source — let alone a Russian source,” Chen said.

“If anyone in our campaign team had come across any foreign actor trying to provide information or influence our thinking, we certainly would have reported it to proper law enforcement right away. That’s how you generally handle these things,” Chen added.

Romney has been one of the few Republicans to speak out about Mueller’s findings, writing in a tweet Friday that he was “appalled” that associates of Trump’s campaign had “welcomed help from Russia.”

He called the report a “sobering revelation of how far we have strayed from the aspirations and principles of the founders.”

Asked about Romney’s criticism of Trump on Sunday, Utah’s senior Republican senator, Mike Lee, notably made no mention of the president in his initial reply, pivoting instead to criticize former president Barack Obama’s handling of the U.S. relationship with Russia.

“Well, first of all, I think Senator Romney has some credibility with regard to Russia,” Lee said on CBS News’s “Face the Nation,” pointing to Romney’s warnings about Russia during the 2012 presidential campaign. “Sadly, his warnings went unheeded. And under President Obama’s leadership over the next four years, Russia’s activities, its nefarious efforts to undermine our system, continued.”

Asked whether he agreed with Romney on Trump in light of Mueller’s findings, Lee said there was “nothing in this report that changes my view of this president.”

• Sad 1
  • WTF 3

Kinda how I feel about the entire GOP rodeo!  

I think Rudy is compromised in some serious way or else he's mentally incapacitated.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think Rudy is compromised in some serious way or else he's mentally incapacitated.  

It doesn't have to be an "either/or" situation, he is likely to be both compromised AND mentally incapacitated.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

"Unraveling Rudy Giuliani’s talking points on the Mueller report"

Spoiler

“Any candidate in the whole world in America would take information, negative … Who says it’s even illegal? Who says it’s even illegal? … There’s nothing wrong with taking information from Russians. … And there were people on Hillary’s campaign that were talking to Ukrainians.”

— Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s attorney, in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, April 21, 2019

“Is it a crime for an American campaign to consider information from a foreign source or to obtain it? If so the allegation that the DNC colluded with Ukrainian officials to generate information to hurt the Trump campaign and help the Clinton campaign must be investigated.”

— Giuliani, in a tweet, April 21

In the wake of the release of a redacted version of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report, Trump attorney Giuliani offered a two-pronged defense: a) There is nothing wrong with a campaign accepting negative information from a foreign government and b) the Hillary Clinton campaign did something similar.

These are claims that Giuliani and President Trump’s allies have made before, which we have previously fact-checked. We had noted before that the “legal ramifications are in dispute” about accepting help from a foreign government, so “we will leave that for the special counsel to sort out,” especially whether it was a crime for someone in a campaign to accept a “anything of value” from a foreign citizen. Now that Mueller’s report is complete, we will review these claims in that context.

Reminder: The Trump campaign’s initial statement about Russian contacts, via then-spokeswoman Hope Hicks, was a flat denial after a Russian government official was quoted as saying the Russians had contact with members of Trump’s entourage before the election: “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

The Facts

The Trump Tower meeting

The Mueller report delves into two key instances in which the Trump campaign may have accepted something of value from the Russian government. One is a meeting with Russian-affiliated individuals at Trump Tower in Manhattan in June 2016 that included key members of Trump’s inner circle, including then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, son-in-law Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr.

The other concerns the dissemination of hacked emails via WikiLeaks, but much of that section is redacted, so we will focus on the Trump Tower meeting. (At a rally in July 2016, Trump also expressed hope that Russia would find about 30,000 emails that Hillary Clinton had said she deleted because they were of a personal nature and asked people affiliated with the campaign to try to find them.)

The Trump Tower meeting came about after Trump Jr. was told by a contact that the Russian government wanted to offer “official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary” in an effort to assist the campaign. “If it’s what you say I love it,” Trump Jr. responded in an email.

Giuliani, in a phone interview with The Fact Checker, pointed out that the Mueller report said the special counsel decided not to prosecute the Trump campaign officials in part because it could not determine whether the information had enough value (at least $25,000) to trigger a felony count, let alone the $2,000 threshold for any criminal charge. The initial email to Trump Jr. — and his response — suggested uncertainty about whether the material would be valuable, the report said.

Mueller considered whether to bring charges of conspiracy to violate laws prohibiting foreign contributions, especially because emails made it clear to the participants that the meeting concerned information from Russian sources. The report noted a number of court rulings and Federal Election Commission regulations that had determined that polling data and membership lists were things of value.

“These authorities would support the view that candidate-related opposition research given to a campaign for the purpose of influencing an election could constitute a contribution to which the foreign-source ban could apply,” the report said. But it also said there had been no court ruling that established “the voluntary provision of uncompensated opposition research or similar information as a thing of value that could amount to a contribution under campaign-finance law.”

The report added that such a case could raise First Amendment questions — questions that “could be especially difficult where the information consisted simply of the recounting of historically accurate facts.” (Richard L. Hansen, a campaign-finance legal scholar, has called this line of reasoning “bogus.”)

Mueller also declined to prosecute because his team “did not obtain admissible evidence likely to meet the government’s burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these individuals acted ‘willfully,’ i.e., with general knowledge of the illegality of their conduct.” Trump Jr. did not consent to a voluntary interview, and Mueller concluded that the Trump White House’s later efforts to prevent the email from becoming public “may reflect an intention to avoid political consequences rather than any prior knowledge of illegality.”

Giuliani noted that the Trump Tower meeting took place on June 8, before it was publicly known that Russians had hacked the Democratic National Committee. So he argues that communication from Russia would not have raised any alarm bells among Trump campaign staff. Other experienced political operatives have said that any offer of help from a foreign government should have raised red flags.

We asked Giuliani about a famous case during the 2000 campaign — when someone associated with the George W. Bush campaign anonymously shipped a copy of a 120-page debate briefing book, along with a 60-minute videotape of mock debate sessions, to Tom Downey, then a congressman from Long Island who was assisting Al Gore with the debates and playing the role of Bush in mock debates. Downey immediately alerted the FBI; the person who leaked the debate prep materials was eventually charged and sentenced to a year in jail.

We asked Giuliani whether Downey acted properly or whether he should have kept the materials. “Was it a prudent thing to do? Yes,” he replied. “Was it legally necessary? I don’t know. I would have to evaluate it.”

While Giuliani argues that Mueller’s analysis shows that agreeing to accept information from a foreign government during a campaign is not a crime, the report never says that; it simply says the prosecutors doubted they could get a conviction in the particular instance of the Trump Tower meeting.

Indeed, the report also strongly suggests that Trump himself was worried that he had committed a crime. The report said that the president’s conduct, apparently aiming at undermining the Mueller investigation, reflected “potential uncertainty about whether certain events — such as advance notice of WikiLeaks’ release of hacked information or the June 9, 2016, meeting between senior campaign officials and Russians — could be seen as criminal activity by the President, his campaign, or his family.”

Ukraine and DNC

While arguing that the Trump campaign’s dalliances with Russia were not illegal, Giuliani also called for an investigation into “the allegation that the DNC colluded with Ukrainian officials to generate information to hurt the Trump campaign.”

This is another old claim, dating back to 2017, but it has received some fresh attention recently in right-leaning media. So far, it still does not add up to much.

There are two elements to this story.

In 2017, Politico revealed that a Ukrainian American Democratic operative named Alexandra Chalupa began looking into Manafort’s ties to Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych. Chalupa was hired as a consultant to the DNC during the 2016 campaign to help mobilize ethnic communities. She left the DNC in July 2016, the DNC said.

She continued her research into Manafort on her own, sometimes with the help of Ukrainian embassy officials, and she said she sometimes shared her findings with officials at the DNC and Clinton’s campaign. But former Clinton campaign officials said they never received information from Chalupa.

Separately, a Ukrainian government agency released ledgers that reportedly showed $12.7 million in cash payments from Yanukovych’s party that were earmarked for Manafort. Serhiy Leshchenko, a Ukrainian lawmaker and former investigative journalist, publicized these ledgers and criticized Manafort. Ultimately, reports about these payments led to Manafort stepping down from his position as Trump campaign chairman.

But those two dots so far are not connected. No evidence has emerged that Chalupa’s work was in any way connected to the release of the Manafort ledgers in Ukraine.

In December, a Kiev court said the decision to publish the documents amounted to interference in the U.S. presidential election — a conclusion that Leshchenko said was politically motivated. Ukraine’s top prosecutor announced in March he had opened an investigation into whether the release of the ledgers was intended to swing the election toward Clinton.

Giuliani hinted darkly to The Fact Checker that more information would soon emerge on the alleged DNC-Ukraine connection. But so far, it’s a facile, unproved comparison.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

• WTF 2

• 2 weeks later...

Go home Rudy, you're drunk.

@RudyGiuliani

ivesssapology for a video which is allegedly is a caricature of an otherwise halting speech pattern, she should first stop, and apologize for, saying the President needs an “intervention.” Are

This is what he was trying to say:

Nancy Pelosi wants an apology for a caricature exaggerating her already halting speech pattern. First she should withdraw her charge which hurts our entire nation when she says the President needs an “intervention. “People who live in a glass house shouldn’t throw stones.”

• WTF 5

12 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Go home Rudy, you're drunk.

@RudyGiuliani

ivesssapology for a video which is allegedly is a caricature of an otherwise halting speech pattern, she should first stop, and apologize for, saying the President needs an “intervention.” Are

This is what he was trying to say:

Nancy Pelosi wants an apology for a caricature exaggerating her already halting speech pattern. First she should withdraw her charge which hurts our entire nation when she says the President needs an “intervention. “People who live in a glass house shouldn’t throw stones.”

We have a saying in Dutch: those you associate with, contaminate you. Rudy is a case in point.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Some of the replies I've seen are great (multiple images under spoiler):

Spoiler

image.png.c4a020645737b46ddd0350e33b24b1db.png

image.png.af0839c4f05f972d3f1b0ede5d3c368f.png

image.png.6a1be4b197df0c0f641e1bb071b52010.png

image.png.63102e85e99537b697dd06b710b4c16a.png

image.png.ed1dad20573a9e26721448d9e022e3b1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Shaking my head: "‘My Rudy’: Trump’s lawyer wants to be the campaign’s No. 1 hatchet man"

Spoiler

Get ready for more Rudy.

Done sparring with Robert Mueller, Donald Trump’s personal attorney is now training his attacks on the president’s reelection rivals. Giuliani plans to meet with the president and his campaign in the coming weeks to discuss pivoting to this new role, which he expects will also include making policy and political connections for the 2020 effort.

“We’ll see where they have holes and where they need help,” Giuliani told POLITICO. “I’m available to do a lot of it.”

Giuliani has long served as an all-purpose attack dog for Trump — to mixed results. The president and some of his top aides have occasionally cringed at the lawyer’s frequent off-script messaging and rambling TV appearances that can spark one or more unexpected news cycles. “Handling Rudy’s f--- ups takes more than one man,” a White House staffer told POLITICO in January.

But while even people around Trump say Giuliani’s freelancing can be problematic, they’re also willing to look the other way if it helps the president win another four years in office. After all, Giuliani is a name brand and gets credit from the president’s base for helping Trump survive the Mueller investigation. What’s more, Giuliani is one of the few Trump peers with national political and legal experience, someone who has known him for decades. He can even provide a calming presence — Giuliani said the president sometimes calls him “My Rudy” — to the famously uncalm president.

“The president is most effective when he’s in a great mood and he’s having fun on the campaign trial and Rudy adds to that,” said a Trump campaign adviser who also readily admitted that Giuliani’s faults can cause problems for others around the president. “I think he has the potential to be very effective in certain circumstances. He also has the potential to be unhelpful at times.”

“I imagine not all of Rudy’s ideas are brilliant ones, but the vast majority are and I’ll take the good with the bad,” added Michael Caputo, a longtime Trump adviser who met with the president last month in Washington, D.C.

Campaign pugilist isn’t exactly a new position for the former New York mayor, who will mark his 75th birthday on Tuesday with a celebration in a Yankee Stadium luxury suite. Starting in early 2016, Giuliani arranged some of Trump’s first policy briefings and later accepted an invitation to ride alongside the rookie candidate on the campaign plane, enjoying exclusive access to key advisers like Brad Parscale, Stephen Miller and Jeff Sessions. His speech at the Republican National Convention that summer in Cleveland captured the double-edged benefits of putting Giuliani front and center — the bellicose ex-mayor pumped up the conservative crowd with attacks on Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration, though some in the hall also murmured that Giuliani seemed “unhinged.”

As Trump’s attorney, Giuliani talks to the president two or three times a week and makes twice-a-month White House visits. He’s also a regular media presence defending the president, an act he’s continued since the end of the Mueller probe last month. Giuliani has launched fusillades on Trump’s potential Democratic rivals, including Joe Biden and Bill de Blasio and swinging away at the expanding congressional investigations that are threatening to morph into impeachment proceedings.

Now, Giuliani is being cast as someone who can reprise the “jack-of-all-trades” role he played during the 2016 presidential campaign, helping senior aides brainstorm policy ideas and mark up speeches, introducing Trump at rallies and serving as the president’s private sounding board. It also means letting Giuliani be Giuliani during his media hits, drawing eye-rolling fact checks from reporters but giving the president a megaphone for whatever he wants to say, however politically incorrect it may be.

“I think he can be a great warm up act,” said the Trump campaign adviser. “Having him on the plane is a great idea. As a core messenger he can get sloppy with details and also leave a lot of shrapnel on the ground.”

A second member of the president’s close circle of advisers agreed with the assessment that it’s worth taking the bad Giuliani in order to get the good Giuliani.

“We view him as a necessary component to the overall picture, because there are frequently messages that the president absolutely needs and wants to get out and he serves that role ably and cheerfully,” the source said. “That’s the best way to characterize him. If there wasn’t a Rudy Giuliani, we’d have to invent one.”

Former White House aides say they cringed when Giuliani entered the public stage about midway through the Russia probe. His messaging and behavior didn’t seem to hold a legitimate legal or political purpose. After some of his worst performances on TV, Giuliani went notably quiet. Just weeks into his assignment, an Associated Press story noted Trump was asking around whether he should sideline his lawyer from making so many questionable media appearances. The New Yorker last fall labeled him “Trump’s clown.”

Giuliani acknowledged the gripes at the start of 2019 but said no one would complain directly to him. “They just do it behind my back,” he told POLITICO.

Looking toward 2020, Giuliani said he’s ready to get back on the campaign plane (or bus). He said he can be a helpful surrogate for Trump in blue collar portions of expected battleground states, including Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin, as well as in places that seem to be on the edge of the 2020 fight, like Indiana and Minnesota. He’s also eager to connect with Trump supporters and wavering independents in western states like Arizona and Nevada and wherever large numbers of New Yorkers live, including Florida and both Carolinas.

Caputo, who worked as one of Trump’s early 2016 advisers, offered gushing praise for Giuliani coming out of the Mueller investigation, namely for the role the lawyer played in keeping the president out of a sit-down interview with the special counsel that Trump allies viewed as a “perjury trap” for the free-speaking Trump. Caputo has urged the Trump campaign to think of Giuliani as “surrogate No. 1” for the president after his immediate family and Vice President Mike Pence.

“Because so many people realize the vital role he played in defending the president through the Russia hoax, I think his surrogacy would appeal across the entire base,” he said. “And I think everybody wants to hear from him. In fact, I can’t think of one demographic in the column of the president that would not want to hear from him.”

Putting Giuliani on the campaign trail would also give Trump’s campaign someone who can speak freely about a Russia probe that the president sees as a rallying cry to his base — his campaign has been raising money and building email lists off the issue.

“Having spent so much time at the elbow of the president, he knows what happened better than most so he can explain it better than most,” Caputo said.

Trump has elevated Giuliani back to national prominence in a way he hadn’t experienced since 2008, when Giuliani was an early front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination. It was a moment that didn’t last. Giuliani’s nascent campaign fell apart amid conflict of interest concerns over his lucrative international lobbying and consulting businesses, as well as GOP base voters who questioned his more liberal views on abortion and same-sex marriage.

All of the exposure connected to his work for Trump hasn’t exactly helped Giuliani’s wider public image, which soared after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when Giuliani became “America’s Mayor.” He was seen as a national leader who united the country who could go encourage the country to laugh again on Saturday Night Live.

But a Gallup poll last June had Giuliani’s favorable ratings at their lowest point since measuring started in 2004, a dip that longtime aides chalked up to his association with the president. Giuliani’s only SNL presence these days is as the butt of jokes.

“He’s always been willing to throw away some of his own popularity to help his friends,” said Mike DuHaime, a New Jersey-based political operative who managed Giuliani’s 2008 presidential campaign.

But going forward, Giuliani is primed to serve a useful purpose for the president by taking aim at the Democratic field, said DuHaime.

“He’s an expert at dissecting and honing in on the weaknesses of the other candidates,” he said. “He takes that prosecutorial style. No matter who the nominee is on the other side, Rudy will be good at finding a weakness and being able to explain that weakness, almost like he’s talking to a jury.”

Giuliani’s broadsides haven’t spared anyone, including Democrats at the back of the pack.

“America will find out what New Yorkers know. When you call him Big Bird, it's a compliment," Giuliani said recently about Bill de Blasio, the Democratic New York mayor who recently launched a presidential bid.

Perhaps his biggest focus, though, has been Biden, who leads several early Democratic primary polls. Earlier this month, Giuliani said he was planning to travel to the Ukraine to urge the country’s president-elect to investigate Hunter Biden, the former vice president’s son, over his involvement in a Ukrainian energy company. Giuliani also insinuated that Joe Biden had somehow nefariously used his position as vice president to squash an investigation, without offering any evidence.

Giuliani later backed out of the trip as Democrats accused him of openly trying to encourage a foreign country to meddle in an American election. The country’s lead prosecutor also told reporters he’d found no evidence of wrongdoing by either Hunter or Joe Biden, and media reports have further poked holes in Giuliani’s theories.

But Trump allies said Giuliani’s mission was nonetheless accomplished — even if it was just to raise suspicions about Trump’s potential opponent next fall.

“The information is now out there,” Duhaime said. “He’s about getting the job done and not about what other people may think about him.”

Democrats openly mock Giuliani. They deride him as a conflicted lobbyist whose comments during the course of the Russia probe — “Truth isn’t truth,” the president’s lawyer famously said last summer — belie his reliability.

“He’s a figure who is discredited in terms of speaking to the facts, by his own tongue,” said Sidney Blumenthal, the longtime associate of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Julian Epstein, a former top House Democratic aide during the Clinton impeachment effort, said Giuliani is ineffective because of his miscues.

“The rule about a junkyard dog is you don’t want to make yourself the issue. That’s what Rudy does,” Epstein said. “For the base, you get a good dopamine hit for him. But for swing voters [and] independents, I think he underscores the lack of credibility he has.”

But Ellen Qualls, who ran the Obama 2012 surrogate operation, said Giuliani fits all the criteria for an effective Trump proxy, including his ability to attack opponents.

“Stylistically, that won’t work for Caroline Kennedy. But it will work for Rudy Giuliani,” she said.

“You might think that the job of a surrogate is to remain on message and not distract from the words of the candidate, but I’d throw the rulebook out with regard to President Trump,” she added. “He’s more likely to want to see Giuliani on TV speaking because that’s a minute taken away from Kamala Harris or another Democrat on TV.”

What he says doesn’t really matter.

“Even if it’s not on message,” Qualls said, “it’s a good minute for the Trump campaign in their eyes.”

We need less Rudy, not more.

• WTF 3

• 1 month later...

I love Pat Bagley's comeback to Rudes:

• Upvote 4

On 5/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

We need less Rudy, not more.

Only in a situation as insane as the current White House would unhinged Giuliani and his tendency to ski off piste/wander off the reservation be considered any kind of asset. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic