IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

20 minutes ago, ariel9 said:

Additionally is dancing not defrauding anymore?

I feel like dancing has never been a thing all fundies forbid. I’m pretty sure Gothardites do. But the VF group didn’t forbid it outright IIRC. And there are other fundies who thought line dancing was ok. I’m sure none are ok with public dirty dancing. Behind bedroom doors was probably ok.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bates were a no dancing family. Grandma Jane got Nathan to dance with her and it was a big deal, and on a recent episode Zach was shocked his Mom was talking about dancing lessons for Trace. Now that I think of it Kelly justified Trace dancing for the Dixie stampede.

Just now, TeaELSee said:

The Bates were a no dancing family. Grandma Jane got Nathan to dance with her and it was a big deal, and on a recent episode Zach was shocked his Mom was talking about dancing lessons for Trace. Now that I think of it Kelly justified Trace dancing for the Dixie stampede.

Although they’ve  always made different rules for the boys compared to the girls. I do wonder if Carlin pointed out that Trace gets to dance for work so she should be able to dance with Evan.

29 minutes ago, stardust said:

The Bates are usually good about making sure their kids really get to know their future spouse before marriage. That to me isn't the real issue. My problem is how immature Carlin and Evan both seem. I remember how much it worried me when Erin was first getting married. She seemed so childish and ridiculous. I feel like Cherin would've crumbled long ago if Chad hadn't been so level-headed. I can't say the same for Evan though, so I feel like they'll be trapped in a loveless marriage five years from now unfortunately.

I agree. Erin talked like a baby and acted so naive before she married Chad. I can’t even imagine if she had married some immature young fundie guy. I bet she would spend all her time at the Bates house and constantly asking for help. I kind of imagine that’s how Carlin will roll. 

1 hour ago, ariel9 said:

And Josie breathes a sigh of relief. ?

Not so fast, Josie. Now she's going to spin every goddamn talking head she gets in your wedding episode to be about her UPCOMING WEDDING to THE LOVE OF HER LIFE and hijack every single wedding-related event to be about her and Evan OMG GETTING MARRIED. It's also probably a good idea to make Evan a groomsman so he doesn't use the recessional as an opportunity to bodily wrench Carlin away from whomever she's paired with like some kind of horny caveman. 

Mazel Tov, you annoying gits. I hope your wedding is entertainingly extra. 

I'm going to go with January 5th for the wedding:

It's pretty much exactly 3 months to the day after Josie's (because you know the day that Josie's off on that honeymoon it's Carlin's time to shine).

Tori's baby will be here by then so no risk of birth at the wedding.

Small chance of her sisters announcing a pregnancy but that would likely happen publicly well before or after the wedding so everyone's focused on Carlin. 

Their engagement photos are super nice. Josie and Carlin both got fantastic natural scenery, and I will say I'm liking them!

Carlin and Evan both posting pictures of the People magazine article to announce their engagement is the most carlin and evan thing ever. #lookatus #wearesofamous

1 hour ago, stardust said:

I feel like they'll be trapped in a loveless marriage five years from now unfortunately.

Oh no, they’ll both still be in love. With themselves.

So stoked about this wedding tbh, I think they are horrible for each other but Carlin is going to be the most over the top and entertaining wedding to watch. 

2 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

Totally agree! Oh, she’ll be the biggest bridezilla. 

Yes, and I am HERE for it. :popcorn2:

Also, I do think the engagement may be a bit longer, despite Carlin's impatience, because of her wanting things to be very big, elaborate, and specific. Also, I doubt Carlin wants a Christmas wedding, with the birth of Christ nosing in on her big day.

We eloped near that lighthouse and took some pictures there afterwards. I'm annoyed that I now have to share the place with a Bates Event. 

I'm also annoyed their pictures turned out better than ours. We eloped in the winter and it was windy and freezing, and we were so over pictures by the time we got to the lighthouse lol

Also, how much more over the top can these engagements get? Will Lawson have to fly the girl and her family to Paris, France and propose in front of the Eiffel tower???? Will Nathan or Trace have to do a full Disney, more like Silver Dollar City, flash mob of dancers? 

Also the trips just give away the engagement, like obviously Carlin and Josie new instantly they were going to be proposed to by the end of the day! 

I just want whoever Katie's future boy is or one of the sons just to drop down on one knee one day in the front yard and propose after a normal day of running errands. 

8 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

I just want whoever Katie's future boy is or one of the sons just to drop down on one knee one day in the front yard and propose after a normal day of running errands. 

That’s basically what Michael Waller did recently. He didn’t even have a ring yet! They were in the barn doing chores and there he proposed! 

26 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Also, how much more over the top can these engagements get? Will Lawson have to fly the girl and her family to Paris, France and propose in front of the Eiffel tower???? Will Nathan or Trace have to do a full Disney, more like Silver Dollar City, flash mob of dancers? 

Also the trips just give away the engagement, like obviously Carlin and Josie new instantly they were going to be proposed to by the end of the day! 

I mean, heck, Harry proposed to Meghan in the kitchen of his cottage when they were roasting a chicken. Fundie "royalty" is super over the top compared to actual royalty.

(Yes, William proposed to Kate in Kenya during a celebratory trip with friends, but that's still not a trip that was *specifically* about the engagement and Instagramability.)

I think fundies take all their pent up sexual energy and put it into their over the top proposals. The bigger the proposal, the more sexually frustrated they are. 

oh god, I'm inclined to think she's definitely be *more* obnoxious at Josie's wedding than she would have been had this proposal not happened until after it....ugh, this girl is ridiculous. 

No guys; obviously they'll get married on Valentine's Day so then everybody will be forced to endlessly celebrate their magical love. And all those "I love you day" events will forever be focused on them. 

She is ridiculously smug in the video. I agree with all the comments about these proposals not being a surprise. Both sets of parents, a film crew and a professional photographer are coming with you on a run of the mill surprise vacation and you expect nothing more than a donut breakfast? Sure. Super convincing. 

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Have the other couples engagements made it into People magazine?

I think Joise was InTouch weekly. I know all of Alyssa’s pregnancies were in US Weekly and I remember at least Carson’s birth was on People.com

Looks like Tori and Bobby’s engagement and wedding got People.com coverage. I wonder who shops the stories around - UP or Gil? 

https://people.com/tag/bringing-up-bates/

Well, at least she'll be a slightly less insufferable bitch at Josie's wedding. or less miserable at least. she'll still need to steal the spotlight, but it won't be filled with complaints, just comparisons of how her wedding will be better. 

Sorry, Josie.

i wonder when exactly it was. she said weekend and i was just there on Friday. it's hilarious that I could've been there. was thinking about going again on Saturday.

it's really gorgeous there though!

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

No guys; obviously they'll get married on Valentine's Day so then everybody will be forced to endlessly celebrate their magical love. And all those "I love you day" events will forever be focused on them. 

She is ridiculously smug in the video. I agree with all the comments about these proposals not being a surprise. Both sets of parents, a film crew and a professional photographer are coming with you on a run of the mill surprise vacation and you expect nothing more than a donut breakfast? Sure. Super convincing. 

Not to mention they must have to do these scenes again and again to get the sound and lighting right. None of it is spontaneous. They must be miked, for goodness sake!

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think fundies take all their pent up sexual energy and put it into their over the top proposals. The bigger the proposal, the more sexually frustrated they are. 

I don't think most fundies have proposals like this. I think Josh Duggar's proposal to Anna is more typical. A proposal at a restaurant with balloons.

I'm guessing a New Years Eve wedding - these attention whores would probably love celebrating their wedding on a holiday and making sure every holiday was their anniversary.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived