IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

Love this passive aggressive judgy comment on Carlin's latest "look at me in a purty dress" Instagram pic:

"aprilb2017are you wearing a camisole under the dress? i have the same one but always have to wear a cami"

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, Kelsey said:

That's a totally normal outfit for a teen to wear to the pool or beach (in the US). Not in the water but to walk to or on the beach.

Same where I grew up. It would be "weird" if she wore it into the water, but she wouldn't look out of place on the beach or next to the pool. A lot more people are now covering up when not in the water not for religious reasons but because of increased awareness of skin cancer risks and how much tanning ages you and damages your skin.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:43 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

A lot more people are now covering up when not in the water not for religious reasons but because of increased awareness of skin cancer risks and how much tanning ages you and damages your skin.

Hell, I wear a t shirt in the water for exactly this reason - I'm pale, and burn in a heartbeat, most often in that minute between my factor 50 losing effectiveness and re-applying.  If I'm at a beach or by a lake, or whatever, I want to be able to enjoy the water, not have to remember get out every 20 mins to dry myself off, re-apply sun cream (& get someone else to do my back) then wait for it to dry etc etc - a t-shirt over those parts of me that normally don't see sun is so much easier!

I really hope they wait until January. Squishing a wedding into December is a pain. There’s never anything going on in January. That way more people can make it to your wedding! December is so full for many people. 

Oh and they danced together. Breaking those Gothard rules already.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, HereticHick said:

This is where Evan got his shirt: https://www.gruntstyle.com/collections/new/products/semper-fidelis

So many of these fundybros loooove to worship the US military but don't have the balls to actually join.

I can't believe he wears stuff from Grunt Style. I own a couple of shirts from that company, but the difference is that I am an active duty Marine. True, the military isn't for everyone. It just pisses me off when young fundies claim to love their country soooo much, but don't do anything of substance to protect and defend it. I was reading the ALERT Academy website, and their 'boot camp' is a joke. I can't picture any of these godly young men actually enlisting (in any branch) and going through boot camp and MOS school, especially for the infantry. My brother is also a Marine, and he is an infantryman. The training is pretty rough, and the grunt culture is too intense for many people.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I think it’ll be either the last 2 weeks of December or the first 2 weeks of January. Anyways, we won’t have to wait too long to find out since they’ll probably have a The Knot page soon enough

I can't see Carlin wanting to wait any longer than absolutely necessary. She's come across as pretty impatient thus far, so I assume it'll be as soon as they can plan the big day to be just the way she wants it.

Well, I'm guessing Carlin will be more at ease now.  I am thinking that Gil and Kelly did not want to go in to Josie and Kelton's wedding with a jealous and restless Carlin.

2 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Well, I'm guessing Carlin will be more at ease now.  I am thinking that Gil and Kelly did not want to go in to Josie and Kelton's wedding with a jealous and restless Carlin.

You know she is the type to talk about her upcoming wedding the entire day of Josie’s wedding. Showing off her ring to everyone and telling them all about her dress...

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know she is the type to talk about her upcoming wedding the entire day of Josie’s wedding. Showing off her ring to everyone and telling them all about her dress...

I'm sure you're probably right..haha! ?

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope they wait until January. Squishing a wedding into December is a pain. There’s never anything going on in January. That way more people can make it to your wedding! December is so full for many people. 

Oh and they danced together. Breaking those Gothard rules already.

I don't foresee them getting married anytime before the new year hits. A wedding in less than 3 months after engagement is a bit much even for fundie standards. They'll actually only have less than 2 months since I suppose they won't really be able to get started on planning for real until after Josie's wedding is over. I think early to mid-January is more likely. Or Perhaps a Valentine's wedding if they're patient enough. Valentine's Day is 5 months away which is actually closer to the timeline that fundies have between engagement and marriage rather than the 2-3 months they'd have if they tried to marry before the end of the year. 

6 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Totally agree! Oh, she’ll be the biggest bridezilla. 

That proposal is SO over the top. A limo ride? A "symphony musician," whatever that means? 

I can't wait to see the wedding. I'm sure it will be absolutely ridiculous.

Well they did make it to 2 years. Is it fair to say they might actually "know" each other? I sure hope the cell phone monitoring was ended with Zach. They've had plenty of time to research marriage "info" on their own without Gil and Kelly giving them the talk. We all know how impatient Carlin is and I bet she has already done some digging of her own or at least asked a married sisters she feels closest to. Looking forward to this one.

Do you, like, think, like, they can get thru, like, their wedding vows, like, without saying "like"???

Gaahh--when she squeals "and look what happppennned" and flashes her ring in the video-- she sounds like a dim-witted 12 year old.

20 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well they did make it to 2 years. Is it fair to say they might actually "know" each other?

The Bates are usually good about making sure their kids really get to know their future spouse before marriage. That to me isn't the real issue. My problem is how immature Carlin and Evan both seem. I remember how much it worried me when Erin was first getting married. She seemed so childish and ridiculous. I feel like Cherin would've crumbled long ago if Chad hadn't been so level-headed. I can't say the same for Evan though, so I feel like they'll be trapped in a loveless marriage five years from now unfortunately.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived