IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mstee said:

He always has such a wide stance in photos. Looks weird and unnatural IMO

Also, had to zoom in on that pic to figure out wtf I was looking at. Ridiculous. 

Yeah, I didn't even see that it was assault rifles. I guess my vision isn't that sharp!

Did anybody check out that company? I guess as long as they're gun-toting "patriots," that's good enough for Evan Stewart. Even if they don't otherwise align with his values at all. Dumbass.

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Can we start calling Evan "Y'all Qaeda", because I mean, come on: young man who ascribes to a repressive, regressive belief system that treats women like property and advocates for violence against LGBT people, loves waving automatic weapons around, and acts like he's fighting for freedom but really he just wants a theocracy where he can do whatever he wants and everyone else is a slave, a fuck-hole, or target practice for him. 

This is where Evan got his shirt: https://www.gruntstyle.com/collections/new/products/semper-fidelis

So many of these fundybros loooove to worship the US military but don't have the balls to actually join.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:25 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates family has always been slightly behind the Duggars in weddings.

This makes it all the more 'impressive' (if you want to call it that) that the Bates are nearly caught up to the Duggars with grandchildren when the Duggars got a 5 year head-start with Mackenzie and still continue to have more married children than the Bates do (thanks to the Bates' inability to marry off their sons so far). In fact, the Bates would almost certainly be caught up with the Duggars grandchildren count by now if Michaela wasn't suffering from infertility. With only 4 of the 5 Bates couples contributing to the grand baby headcount, that's quite astonishing.

The Bates women (sans Michael) seem much more fertile than the Duggar women. Erin has been pregnant 6 times in the last 5 years (three miscarriages and three born healthy). Alyssa has been pregnant every year since she got married. Tori will have a newborn baby before her first wedding anniversary even hits. 

Compare this to the Duggars where Anna consistently gives birth every 2 years (with that gap constantly lengthening as she gets older), Jessa and Jill have both been a bit slower with pregnancies than anyone would have predicted. Jinger took almost a year to get pregnant after her marriage (though to be fair whether that was by choice or not, we aren't certain). Jill and Joy's c-sections could possibly limit the number of children they'll physically be able to have. 

I predict the Bates will overtake the Duggars in the grandchildren race within the next year or two (I would've predicted even sooner than that if Whitney hadn't miscarried). Overall it's shocking since the Duggars will have 8 married after JD and the Bates will only have 6 married after Josie (and no grandkids from Michaella). Not to mention Carlin will be right behind Josie. This whole situation just really proves how much Erin and Alyssa's pregnancies have contributed to driving up the Bates' numbers over the last three years or so. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:08 PM, Melissa1977 said:

She said that if #4 is a girl, she's stopping having kids, because girls are too dramatic. 

Lets all hope (or pray if that’s your thing) that #4 is a girl then so the madness can stop. 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:18 AM, PurpleCats said:

Yeah, I don’t think the lack of Bates men weddings is due to them not being able to get women.   I think the men are just enjoying their freedom from responsibility and supporting a family.  

It does seem that for women, getting married (if they choose wisely) = more freedom. They get to run their own home, manage children that are actually theirs, decide their own modesty fashion standards, and perhaps take up a hobby that they have more time for with 1-2 kids instead of being the defacto sister mom/babysitter/teacher for tons of siblings and nephews/nieces. 

For men, being single = more freedom. They aren't yet supporting a family and in charge of their wife's spiritual well being. They can basically do whatever they want if they have the work ethic to make it happen. 

Evan's latest IG does make me think that they are engaged, but are waiting to announce it for possibly the final episode of season 7, which comes out at the end of this month. I think we are going to know if Carlin is engaged by Josie's wedding. 

On 9/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, theotherelise said:

Now that I think about it, my husband and I actually took some engagement pictures near an amtrak station because it was a cute old building near the state capitol (where we met and took most of the pics). 

Oh, are you in Jeff City? Used to live there, not my favorite place but it is kind of scenic. The state capitol grounds in spring are STUNNING.

And yeah, my grandma's house was right along some railroad tracks and in a rural area you pretty much know when the trains come (because it's the loudest thing that happens all day, so you learn the schedule pretty quickly!) I used to walk along them as a kid all the time. Today it's such a common photo subject that it was the one thing my college photography professor banned-- not for safety reasons, but because it's cliched.

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Oh, are you in Jeff City? Used to live there, not my favorite place but it is kind of scenic. The state capitol grounds in spring are STUNNING.

<clipped>

Nooooooo. I could never live in JC! We met working at the Capitol Building, but we both commuted from 30 miles north ?.

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Nooooooo. I could never live in JC! We met working at the Capitol Building, but we both commuted from 30 miles north ?.

Hah, I was too charmed by the low rents/ hate commuting too much... of course I lasted less than a year, til I found another job elsewhere!

I think I see rings on both Carlin's left index finger as well as ring finger, could it be that the purity ring has been moved to her index, so there is room for an engagement ring?

On 9/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s a bikini top under that bathing suit cover. Even if she keeps that cover on, it will float up in the water. And it’s well above her knee. So far from the days of frumpers and swim sacks.

303E2637-1489-4A60-9DF1-E53167FAE4CC.jpeg

If she swims in that dress it will not only lift up, it will be see-through too. One can see the bikini quite well already when it is dry.

2 hours ago, elliha said:

If she swims in that dress it will not only lift up, it will be see-through too. One can see the bikini quite well already when it is dry.

And still, if you see a young woman wearing that on a beach instead of a normal bathing suit everyone would think she is a religious freak or a very weird person that bathes with clothes on.

I mean at that point is not easier to just wear a regular bathing suit, maybe one of those for swimming pools that are a bit more modest. She would bring a lot less atention to herself, and as you said she is not following the modesty standards anyway.

Just now, llucie said:

And still, if you see a young woman wearing that on a beach instead of a normal bathing suit everyone would think she is a religious freak or a very weird person that bathes with clothes on.

Would they? I have seen girls with similar outfits on the beach almost every time I have been there. Not many that bathe in them but a lot who would wear them for parts of the time or all the time. I would rather assume the person has had a bad sun burn or they have sensitive skin and don't want to reapply sunscreen all the time and only do the arms and legs most of the time. Not once have I assumed they are wearing this type of clothing because they are religious, more likely for sun-related reasons or perhaps for body issues.

1 hour ago, elliha said:

Would they? I have seen girls with similar outfits on the beach almost every time I have been there. Not many that bathe in them but a lot who would wear them for parts of the time or all the time. I would rather assume the person has had a bad sun burn or they have sensitive skin and don't want to reapply sunscreen all the time and only do the arms and legs most of the time. Not once have I assumed they are wearing this type of clothing because they are religious, more likely for sun-related reasons or perhaps for body issues.

Maybe in the USA is like that?, i had no idea it was that common. I was under the impression from reading here that modest swimwear and bathing in clothes was a very fringe thing to do.

In my country it would be so extrange....althought i think most people would asume you are muslim, since christian fundies are not so common. Personally i feel awkward even on a bathing suit, since only old woman wear those, and young people use bikinis(or even topless), so i cant imagine going to swim in a dress. You would have all the beach staring at you.

That's a totally normal outfit for a teen to wear to the pool or beach (in the US). Not in the water but to walk to or on the beach.

If you swam topless here, people would probably call the police!

I wear running shorts, a rash guard, and a sports bra to swim because I am so easily burnt (and hella chubby). I hope people don't think I'm weirdly religious.

Bates women in bikinis! I’m still pushing for this particular point of equality. It isn’t everything, but it’s something. 

I'm so mad that train tracks are trendy now! I love trains. When I was a little girl, I told everyone I wanted to be a train engineer. My favorite Christmas was when I got a train set. My grandpa happened to be the director of transportation where I live, and he once made it so I could sit in the front of an Amtrak train where the engineers are. (this was like 30+ years ago). So I would love to do a photo shoot with my husband or grown girls on train tracks, except everyone else thought of it first. ? Incidentally, I did not pursue a job as a train engineer. Ended up in Interior Design, then a doula. Go freakin figure. 

16 hours ago, llucie said:

Maybe in the USA is like that?, i had no idea it was that common. I was under the impression from reading here that modest swimwear and bathing in clothes was a very fringe thing to do.

In my country it would be so extrange....althought i think most people would asume you are muslim, since christian fundies are not so common. Personally i feel awkward even on a bathing suit, since only old woman wear those, and young people use bikinis(or even topless), so i cant imagine going to swim in a dress. You would have all the beach staring at you.

I am from Europe too and while all you say is true I think that wearing an oversized T-Shirt (preferably from your boyfriend) while you are not in the water is something lots of teen girls are doing. I think it comes down to body issues and showing of you have a boyfriend (I remember this quite clearly from my 13y old self). And the trend of being really tanned has gone. Also bathing suits are having quite of a comeback- very sporty with high necklines or very lowcut and cut outs. But for the majority it is bikini for young girls, bathing suits/bikinis for women and mostly bathing suits from 50/60 up. And of course topless at the beach or in your towel at the pool.

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am from Europe too and while all you say is true I think that wearing an oversized T-Shirt (preferably from your boyfriend) while you are not in the water is something lots of teen girls are doing. I think it comes down to body issues and showing of you have a boyfriend (I remember this quite clearly from my 13y old self). And the trend of being really tanned has gone. Also bathing suits are having quite of a comeback- very sporty with high necklines or very lowcut and cut outs. But for the majority it is bikini for young girls, bathing suits/bikinis for women and mostly bathing suits from 50/60 up. And of course topless at the beach or in your towel at the pool.

Totally. I think i was misunderstood. I was refering to swimming in clothes. People in clothes while at the sand is unusual (most people go to sunbathe, so it would be impossible to do it with clothes on) but not totally unseen, and as you said probably people would asume body issues before religious conservative.

Ant its true that the last couple of years there has been a little comeback on swimsuits. It used to be impossible to find a cute one at stores(they were all marketed for like old people), and now you can find them but what i have seen this summer is that most young people still prefer bikinis.

My BF is insanely Irish and burns in minutes. When we swim, he wears a long-sleeved rash guard and longish board shorts-- and still has to reapply sunscreen constantly. If i saw her at the beach I would just assume she was the same way.

So kneeling during the anthem to protest police brutality against black men = bad but turning the flag into guns = good?

Yep. Y'all Qaeda. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived