IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Jermajesty, love you but when has J-Rod ever looked good?

Lol! I mean the look on her face! Like she has a smile and looking at the camera. But some of the pictures of David are horrid! He looks like he’s just been hit by a 2x4! She has done those with her kids too. I think she looks at group pictures, only focuses on herself in the picture, and if she looks ok, she posts it.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol! I mean the look on her face! Like she has a smile and looking at the camera. But some of the pictures of David are horrid! He looks like he’s just been hit by a 2x4! She has done those with her kids too. I think she looks at group pictures, only focuses on herself in the picture, and if she looks ok, she posts it.

You mean like the one where his ample santa belly is resting on the fence post? Surely not that one!

I hope they get a Davia Waller type blessing or two. That would balance the photos out nicely.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It might be because she’s sitting. Sometimes skirts will hike up quite a bit. Especially if they have no stretch to them. It would probably look longer if she stood up. I agree that she usually dresses more like Erin and Michael. Whitney, Alyssa, and Josie seem to dress alike with their jeans and shorter skirts. I think Carlin will dress a bit more like Josie after she’s married. But she might wait slightly longer to put on the jeans. Like maybe a month, lol.

To be fair, it seems like Carlin's a super girly girl and so she probably would be in skirts and dresses quite a lot even if she wasn't fundy. We've seen her (essentially) in a bikini. I don't think it'll be modesty or trying to stand out keeping her in skirts, it'll be the fact that she genuinely likes them -also that she'll be able to push the length on them. I see skater skirts incoming, particularly before she's visibly pregnant.

Carlin's latest Instagram post is hilarious. She's in front of the tree, with Evan, in their pjs, juuuuust like Zach with his family and Alyssa with hers (and to be fair, half of my Instagram is currently that type of photos.)

But... Carlin and Evan aren't married. Yet here she is, posing with him in sleepwear, inciting lustful thoughts: the next step is clearly bed! And not just sleepwear, but a onesie: her legs are on full display, rather than shrouded in a maidenly nightie to the floor. And it's just the two of them in the picture, no siblings or nieces/nephews or parents. Obviously there's probably someone behind the camera, but that person certainly isn't making sure that they're saving room for Jesus.

TBF, half of my Instagram is currently posting similar pictures. But honestly, it doesn't exactly screaming chastity. Michael's Christmas Eve post is her with Brandon in a classic Keilen pose, the two of them outside in outerwear. It's a much more suitable and modest example for an unmarried couple to follow than the marrieds Zach and Alyssa.

I don't care personally if Carlin and Evan are staying "pure" or are boning three times a day. I DO care about the hypocrisy.

It should be noted that the pajamas appear to be a Stewart family thing. Carlin has video up on her Stories that showed the rest of Evan’s family dressed in pajamas while opening presents. You can also see this photo on Evan’s story:

858F90B2-C306-4DE0-B6B6-4D8A346F1D92.thumb.png.aaaedbed6360459eaaab35907aa702e1.png

(Ignore the watch part and you can see the rest of his family in the background wearing pajamas too.)

I don’t know how much this would be considered hypocritical to be honest though. Carlin is still a Bates (and always will be regardless of her last name), but she’s marrying into the Stewart family very soon and they clearly have somewhat different standards than the Bateses do. I think it’s natural that she’d be excited to embrace some of their traditions as her own (and I’d hope the same is true for Evan as well.) I don’t think Carlin and Evan have ever stated what their personal convictions are, so it’s not really hypocritical of them. And considering this was taken with Evan’s family, I’d guess that her parents didn’t have a say in the fact that Carlin was photographed living her best life in pajamas prior to marriage. So it doesn’t really seem hypocritical of her parents either.

(I do agree with @HerNameIsBuffy though. It’s pretty entertaining to imagine her parents’ reactions. Were they outraged and clutching  their pearls? Did Gil require a fainting couch and smelling salts? Was Kelly coldly calculating whether the risk of offending leghumpers outweighed the benefit of her family looking a bit more normal? Inquiring minds need to know CarVan!)

I will say that the photo does look a bit awkward to me, but that’s mainly because of the way they’re holding hands. If they were a normal couple they’d be cuddled up together, which would look a bit more natural to me - but they’re super Christians and aren’t allowed to do that in a photo like this, so they had to go with a hand sex pose instead. 

6 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Pj photo everyone talks about

Hide contents

The first photo on that second post is lovely. They look like a normal engaged couple posing for engagement or holiday photos - not awkward Fundies attempting to act natural and failing miserably. 

Where did Carlin get the money to buy Evan a Series 4 Apple Watch for Christmas? Her UPtv paycheque can't be that big?

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Where did Carlin get the money to buy Evan a Series 4 Apple Watch for Christmas? Her UPtv paycheque can't be that big?

can't it?  I'd love to know what they're pulling in.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe she was actually smart enough to save up so she can buy it for him? I can't see Carlie being the type of person who would do that though. 

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

can't it?  I'd love to know what they're pulling in.

That’s what I’m wondering! 

25 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Maybe she was actually smart enough to save up so she can buy it for him? I can't see Carlie being the type of person who would do that though. 

Does she have anything to save? This is making me wonder what the Bateses actually get paid by UPtv and their magazine features and such, and how it’s split amongst the various kidults.

2 hours ago, Calypso said:

In case anyone forgot Carlin is ENGAGED yall

Screenshot_20181226-104248_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f8a4801c06d8ca38c8de5040210b8194.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20181226-104252_Instagram.thumb.jpg.112879eb577f6403fb75166ea4c68b3e.jpg

Oh I so wish you could use more than one reaction sometimes. I still don’t know if I am to use the laughing or the barfing button.....

59 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That coffee mug is atrocious. 

I agree, but early twenties me, engaged for the first time would have coveted the heck out of that cup!

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That coffee mug is atrocious. 

It is, but I have to give the gifter credit. They knew their giftee perfectly. It is perfect for Carlin. She loves it and it gave her a perfect pinintersty, instagramy photo. As someone who likes to give thoughtful personalised gifts, buying something this 'tacky' for a friend would give me a little thrill because I would know how much they would love it.

I would also have a healthy dose of reality in the back of my head (when giving it), that maybe (one day), I would be helping her sweep up the pieces after she threw it at his cheating or lying or manipulative head. Possibly and more realistically, putting it in a box for the charity shop or just a bin after their divorce.

You know 'cause I am a big believer in true love and all that....

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived