IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

6 hours ago, bal maiden said:

“So, what’s your favourite pose for an insta shot?”

”I like hammers.”

You win the internet for me today. I laughed out loud at this.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can see how she would love a joint anniversary trip with her bestie Joy, but to me it doesn't feel like Austin and Evan would have much to say to each other. 

I agree, they definitely come across as such very different personalities. Austin appears, at least, much more serious about everything than Evan. 

But wasn't Evan training to be an electrician? So they'd at least have that to talk about if they're "forced" to be together by Joy and Carlin.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So we have over 5 months of peak Bridezilla before us!:popcorn2:

That was the plan all along. Bridzilla needs enough time to be Bridzilla. Not some pitiful 3 months! 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was the plan all along. Bridzilla needs enough time to be Bridzilla. Not some pitiful 3 months! 

Regardless of the reasons, I think this was a pretty solid choice for this specific couple. Carlin can finish school without dealing with the possibility of morning sickness, they can save more money up so they aren’t broke after the wedding, and Evan will either be finished with his training or further on the path to completing it. Here’s hoping this also gives Carlin time to find a nice dress that she loves and is altered tastefully (if needed) too. 

(But your comment still made me laugh. L!)

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Regardless of the reasons, I think this was a pretty solid choice for this specific couple. Carlin can finish school without dealing with the possibility of morning sickness, they can save more money up so they aren’t broke after the wedding, and Evan will either be finished with his training or further on the path to completing it. Here’s hoping this also gives Carlin time to find a nice dress that she loves and is altered tastefully (if needed) too. 

(But your comment still made me laugh. L!)

Good point. Plus, if Carlin is actually planning to graduate from Liberty, AND planning to go the graduation ceremony, Liberty's commencement ceremony stuff is May 10-11, so this gives them time to get to Virginia and back before the last-minute wedding ramp up (which is usually when they seem to actually do the stuff, though the normally short timelines are certainly a factor). Although LU's ceremony will likely be way more involved and time consuming than commencement at Crown, due to the difference in institution size. Plus it's not just next door, so they have to make an effort to get there.

But I have a hard time imagining Carlin NOT wanting to go to commencement, since she seems to like big events where she gets attention. (And honestly, if she's graduating she is entirely entitled to celebrate it, especially since she's actually going to be earning a real degree.) And at least some of the family attended some PCC ceremonies, did they not? So between that and Crown they've been to all the major family graduation ceremonies. Though whether Liberty would allow UP/Figure 8 to film is an entirely different story. At the least, I'm sure we'll get lots of Instagram shots.

Maybe Carlin will be the one to buck the trend and not have the wedding dress from Miss Renee?  I'm not saying Miss Renee doesn't have nice dresses, but it would be cool to see one of the girls doing something a little different.

12 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Maybe Carlin will be the one to buck the trend and not have the wedding dress from Miss Renee?  I'm not saying Miss Renee doesn't have nice dresses, but it would be cool to see one of the girls doing something a little different.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she wanted to buck a lot of trends because she wants to be so special and different. 

What’s good is that Carlin will be 21 when she gets married and if she doesn’t get pregnant in the first few months, will not become a mom until 22. At least she won’t be 23 with 3 kids like Alyssa. Because although Alyssa and John seem to handle it ok, I think Carlin and Evan would not do well.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So we have over 5 months of peak Bridezilla before us!:popcorn2:

Over 5 months also means it's entirely possible for several people to annouce  pregnancies and be heavily pregnant, holding a newborn or in labour during the ceremony. Yay!

What is Carlin studying again?
I think it's great that she is pursuing a real degree! So far the Bates girls are far more educated than the Duggar girls. Even if some of them graduated from Clown college.

I have a feeling that Carlin will either go full-blown princess, or like... hungry for the D in a figure hugging number. I think she will be the least fundy modest of them all and dress for Evan instead of Jesus. ?

I'm going to be on a plane during her wedding. *seriously considers paying for in flight internet to snark*

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

“Look at all the fucks I give!”

A3DCB9E5-0A4D-4669-BE15-3D1BC9D5824D.jpeg

Oh dear Rufus. Do they even realize how extra they are? (Or maybe they do). :pb_lol:

I can't believe this guy is real. This is how I know we're living in a simulation.

From looking at pictures posted by these two over the years, they seem like frustrated, over the top high school drama students. (I'm not putting down drama departments, but I think every high school has the over the top actor or actress that it must deal with)

On 11/28/2018 at 10:32 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I think they also said once that travel (air flights) were cheaper at that time too. Which also makes sense.

Yeah, Mr LBE and I are from different countries and we save a lot of money by agreeing to celebrate with my family in late November or Mid February. Flights double and even triple over Christmas/New Year. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is THE fakest-ass picture I have ever seen in my entire life. You'd think they could at least fake it a little better.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundie Zoolander looks cross eyed. Too bad a bird didn't shit on him, right in his open mouth.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What the hell is going on with his pants? Is the snow THAT exciting? 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, ophelia said:

I can see how she would love a joint anniversary trip with her bestie Joy, but to me it doesn't feel like Austin and Evan would have much to say to each other. 

”So you like Jesus? I like Jesus!”

”Yeah, he’s great!”

”Really great!”

”Yeah ...”

”...”

How many pictures of them looking like that did they take before they finally captured the "perfect" one? These two are so over the top. 

I'm going to give him props for that IG story over the weekend with Lawson on his phone realizing Evan was videoing him and saying stop with the caption Ladies he's single.  

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

From looking at pictures posted by these two over the years, they seem like frustrated, over the top high school drama students. (I'm not putting down drama departments, but I think every high school has the over the top actor or actress that it must deal with)

another reason that its a damn shame that these kids didn't get to go to public school and be in plays. Carlin didn't even get to go to a big church (or Christian school) with a Christmas pageant--and Crown doesn't even seem to believe in "Christian" drama.

You know Carlin would have killed to have been the beautific Virgin Mary in a church Christmas pageant.

I mean BYU has a world famous choir. I believe they also have a theater department. I know plenty of Christian colleges that have music, theater, and film departments. I feel a tiny bit for the Carlin and Lawson Bates, Josiah Digger,  and even the Jill Rodriguezes of the world, just stuck without those options. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived