• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nomoxian

Dawkins Scale

Hilarious
nomoxian

Where do you fall on the Dawkins Scale?

Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.

De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.

Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.

Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.

Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.

De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.

Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.

I am a De-Facto Atheist.

Pecansforeveryone

I am leaning towards Strong Atheism as far as the benevolent, intercessory God of Evangelical Christianity. Belief in Spirits, Energy, Force Fields, Invisible Beings with limited powers, Ghosts, etc I would be a Weak Atheist leaning towards De-facto Atheist. 9,000 children starving to death every day kind of kills off a benevolent, omnipotent Deity for me.

Marmion

Basically , simply put , with the choices given ,  I would be inclined to say that I am a weak atheist . But , even more accurately , and exactly , I would describe myself as being more of a pure ignostic . 

catlady

If there’s a scale between De-facto Atheist and Strong Atheist, that’s where I am, and probably closer to Strong.  And I say that because the description says “100% sure.”  The Christian God, the only one I’m familiar with, doesn’t fit in with what I do know; but at the same time, I’m aware that there’s still a lot that I don’t know. 

singsingsing

It really depends on the definition of "God". If it's the Judeo-Christian God, I'm a de-facto atheist. If it's a more vague concept of God with some personal interest in humanity, I'm a weak atheist. If it's some higher power that could be described as an entity, that has something resembling consciousness, that created, or played a part in creating, the universe, and may or may not have an interest in its inhabitants, I'm probably somewhere between pure agnostic and weak atheist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.