IGNORED

Terri's Birthday

nomoxian

18 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

I just realized that they didn't say how she likes her coffee!

Pretty sure she can't drink it given that she banned herself from Pepsi because of the caffeine. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dru said:

Pretty sure she can't drink it given that she banned herself from Pepsi because of the caffeine. 

Yet the girls practically make an idol out of coffee drinks (basically sugary milkshakes). I hope Teri drinks Pepsi in her closet or shower and hides the cans in the neighbors' recycle cans.

Teri has turned mine eyes toward the “hair coloring” shelf in the local CVS, and from thence my vision will never wander. And the occasional tube of lipstick and cake of blush, and also much cattle.

Or something like that.

Teri hath openeth-ed mine eyes to how wise and loving were BigMJB and Big Daddy as well, insisting that I get training that would lead me to green valleys made possible by my ability to earn my own living. 

Otherwise, y’all have said it all.  Isn’t it something, that none of us have been able to find  anything positive about her?

I did try, being a list-maker like her — but even that turned into a negative: I’m grateful I don’t use lists obsessively!

Teri has inspired me to never trust a pizza will be remembered to be purchased, not that I ever buy pizzas...  And to avoid zoos.

Teri has inspired me to invent a miraculous thing called a shopping list, so I don't keep forgetting to buy lettuce for the one flavorless salad I'm serving to 25 people at Thanksgiving! 

Teri has inspired me to thank my mom and dad for encouraging me to complete my education and get a job teaching kids in an evil public school. 

Something nice? Hmm.

Well. Technically speaking, she makes sure to spend time with the grandkids.

Nevermind that it's exactly 30 minutes once per week and they probably read the same book geared for the youngest in the group every time and that Teri probably sequesters herself for the rest of the day but....

Teri has encouraged me to stop having children . She clearly evidences how keep having kids when you are too tired and depressed, only makes you more tired and depressed.

Also, every time I read her posts, she reminds me why jobs are a great option for moms and how financial dependance on a husband can be a trap.

Thank you Teri for your lessons and happy birthday to you.

Those 7 kids spaced out the way they were could be manageable for mentally sound parents. But one is a controlling pyschopath and the other is severely depressed. Although, I suppose they wouldn’t have stopped at 3 if Teri was not depressed and they would have not started again with 5 more if Steve was not a psycho. So who knows.

Teri has inspired me to always "Trust in the Lord, but tie your camel." In other words, handle by yourself the things that are within your power (such as ordering the pizza!), leaving god to deal with the things you cannot control.

23 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Teri has encouraged me to stop having children . She clearly evidences how keep having kids when you are too tired and depressed, only makes you more tired and depressed.

Also, every time I read her posts, she reminds me why jobs are a great option for moms and how financial dependance on a husband can be a trap.

Thank you Teri for your lessons and happy birthday to you.

One of the Junior JBs is having a heckuva time being a mom to her pre-schooler.  She loves the child beyond all reason but everything he does annoys her, irritates her, prompts her to liken him to a villain. Luckily her husband is strong, stable and a voice of reason that she usually hears. 

But I thank heaven that they have only the one. I just don’t think she’s good with this age — not all people are. I refuse to think about what her life would be like if she were if the type of person to knuckle under to a husband whose whimsy was for many children. I grieve for the Maxdults for having had to grow up in a similar situation. 

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

One of the Junior JBs is having a heckuva time being a mom to her pre-schooler.  She loves the child beyond all reason but everything he does annoys her, irritates her, prompts her to liken him to a villain. Luckily her husband is strong, stable and a voice of reason that she usually hears. 

I had one like that; drove me crazy. The thing that saved his life (kidding!) was my constantly reminding myself that he was demonstrating the very same qualities that I admire in adults. And yes, as an adult, he still has those qualities and they have helped him become a strong, competent, leader that people look up to.

Apparently NABISCO is removing the bars from animal cracker boxes. Sadly the Maxwell ladies seem unlikely to be freed from their cages anytime soon... wonder if this means animal crackers are verboten vs. limited to two now...

https://www.wltx.com/mobile/article/news/nation-now/nabisco-uncages-its-animal-crackers-after-116-years/465-67830599-859b-4d8f-9527-1dd792677812

56 minutes ago, elizasc said:

Apparently NABISCO is removing the bars from animal cracker boxes. Sadly the Maxwell ladies seem unlikely to be freed from their cages anytime soon... wonder if this means animal crackers are verboten vs. limited to two now...

https://www.wltx.com/mobile/article/news/nation-now/nabisco-uncages-its-animal-crackers-after-116-years/465-67830599-859b-4d8f-9527-1dd792677812

Uh oh, the Rods will have to buy up boxes with the bars so that the Rodlets will still think that bars are normal and desirable.

Terri has encouraged me to take care of my mental health (if I need a day off I take it), she is the example of what NOT to do with children, and to be adventurous because life is short. Take a note Steve fun is not sending you to hell. 

4 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Terri has encouraged me to take care of my mental health (if I need a day off I take it), she is the example of what NOT to do with children, and to be adventurous because life is short. Take a note Steve fun is not sending you to hell. 

It is for him because if you read enough of his nonsense you realize he has the addict gene (no shade there, I have it too) and doesn't do moderation. The problem is, rather than admitting he needs actual help, he oppresses his family because he assumes they won't be able to control themselves either.

Commenter "Trish H." said this in the birthday comments:

Happy Birthday Teri!

You have been such an encouragement, inspiration and blessing to me and my family for our nineteen years of homeschooling! Your books, your personal e-mails in response to my questions, your mothering, and your willingness to share even the difficult things, have all helped me grow in my faith and maturity as a woman of God.

Your Mom’s Corners are such a wealth of information and I have saved several to Evernote…to be reread when I have grandchildren!! In particular, the Corner you wrote detailing your struggle with and victory over your Pepsi ‘addiction’ really helped me deal with areas of my life that were idols, and continues to convict and bless me even today!!

I am a more gentle, quiet, godly wife and mother through the Lord’s leading and your excellent example. Thank you for sharing your life with us! You are a gift!!

Trish

Teri Maxwell says:

August 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Thank you, Trish. Wow, 19 years. That was the very beginning of our ministry. You can’t be far from grandchildren. Oh yes, the Pepsi addiction. I still praise God so often when we drive by a Quik Trip that I no longer desire to stop for a Pepsi! As I read these comments on my birthday, I keep having tears in my eyes at God’s goodness to me and to His children. His work in my life and letting me share that with my sisters and His work in their lives. So beautiful. So good. A God we praise.

I think Teri is still wishing she could have a Pepsi!!

As someone who kicked my pop addiction, I understand where Teri is coming from. However I don’t know if Teri had an actual addiction to Pepsi. I definitely did. And it took years to stop wanting a pop. Now I don’t even want a sip! I’m not saying pop is Satan or anything. But I legit drank 6 diet pops a day for a couple years. That was not healthy. It was too much aspartame, acid, and caffeine for my body every day. If Teri just liked a Pepsi in the afternoon and was able to just stick to that one pop a day, I honestly don’t see a problem. 

Teri would have inspired me to dust my ceiling fan only I don’t have one. She would have inspired me to give up Pepsi but I don’t drink Pepsi.  So I’ll just sit here in front of my standing fan, sip my Coke Zero eating my paperless cheese sandwich thanking Rufus I wasn’t born into the Maxhell family 

On 8/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, fundiefollower said:

Commenter "Trish H." said this in the birthday comments:

"Happy Birthday Teri!

You have been such an encouragement, inspiration and blessing to me and my family for our nineteen years of homeschooling! Your books, your personal e-mails in response to my questions, your mothering, and your willingness to share even the difficult things, have all helped me grow in my faith and maturity as a woman of God.

Your Mom’s Corners are such a wealth of information and I have saved several to Evernote…to be reread when I have grandchildren!! In particular, the Corner you wrote detailing your struggle with and victory over your Pepsi ‘addiction’ really helped me deal with areas of my life that were idols, and continues to convict and bless me even today!!

I am a more gentle, quiet, godly wife and mother through the Lord’s leading and your excellent example. Thank you for sharing your life with us! You are a gift!!

Trish

Teri Maxwell says:

August 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Thank you, Trish. Wow, 19 years. That was the very beginning of our ministry. You can’t be far from grandchildren. Oh yes, the Pepsi addiction. I still praise God so often when we drive by a Quik Trip that I no longer desire to stop for a Pepsi! As I read these comments on my birthday, I keep having tears in my eyes at God’s goodness to me and to His children. His work in my life and letting me share that with my sisters and His work in their lives. So beautiful. So good. A God we praise.

I am struck by how nonchalant a response Teri gave to the author of that comment - Trish wrote a really thoughtful, personal, long tribute, and all Teri throws out there is a simple "thank you." I find that kind of sad... gotta jump in with testimony about overcoming Pepsi addiction and God instead of (or in addition to) a heartfelt appreciation for Trish taking the time to share how much Teri has impacted her life.

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, but as a professional fundraiser and therefore a professional "thank-er," it just really hit me that she didn't seem to actually appreciate what Trish said...or maybe the was embarrassed, or is just so trained to go right to Jebus...

I don't know. I just think Trish deserved a more heartfelt response, such as "How thoughtful of you to share this, Trish - thank you so much! I'm really touched by your comments, and grateful that God has worked through me for your benefit in all of those ways."

Teri has inspired me to

color my hair, dress fashionably, savor that ice-cold diet coke, ignore a little dust on the celling fan, order my own damn pizza, disagree with my partner  in an assertive and respectful manner, teach my son to respect women, find great joy in my career, celebrate a divorce from an uptight control freak, cook well seasoned and colorful food, and not stress about where I'm going when I die.

Archived