IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

On the topic of Jinjer.. 

If their anniversary date was truly filmed on their wedding anniversary, then the comment about "next year we will need a babysitter" to me sounds like they were planning on getting pregnant then. My husband and I spoke like that while we knew that we were actively trying to get pregnant and assumed it would happen quickly (it did. First time was the charm). If their had been experiencing struggles, I doubt Jeremy would say something like that. All this is assuming that they filmed it on their anniversary. My assumption would be NFP... I think that fundies would be okay with NFP because you could still technically get pregnant. And using NFP is how I got pregnant on the first try. 

On the timeline discussion, its funny that they threw in the baby moon into Jinjers baby announcement video. Because Joy mentioned that they have "five and a half weeks" to go and the baby was born mid-late February which would put the baby moon at beginning to mid January. A solid month and a half after Jinjers announcement. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Something about the way they're acting about Jinger being pregnant makes me wonder if she didn't have a harder time getting pregnant rather than the preventing of it like we were suspecting. 

I agree. For me it was Jeremy's mother's response that caught my attention. Something about it was raw and complex beyond happy to be a first time grandmom. I found Her initial response to Jinger, post announcement  to be telling. Still I can't figure if it's because Jinger and Jeremy played down having a child right away, that no one was expecting it or if there was a hint of something else going on like taking a longer time gettinh pregnant or fertility issue. Same when Jinger exclaimed that they were so excited to Jim Bob and Michelle. Maybe it was a natural expression of joy or relief after a long wait. Also long wait could be from Jeremy making the decision for them to wait, but her wanting to try right away. So hard to say. My first impression is that the pregnancy was a complete surprise to both couple and family. But difficult to say without them confirming one way or another.

34 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

On the topic of Jinjer.. 

If their anniversary date was truly filmed on their wedding anniversary, then the comment about "next year we will need a babysitter" to me sounds like they were planning on getting pregnant then. My husband and I spoke like that while we knew that we were actively trying to get pregnant and assumed it would happen quickly (it did. First time was the charm). If their had been experiencing struggles, I doubt Jeremy would say something like that. All this is assuming that they filmed it on their anniversary. My assumption would be NFP... I think that fundies would be okay with NFP because you could still technically get pregnant. And using NFP is how I got pregnant on the first try. 

On the timeline discussion, its funny that they threw in the baby moon into Jinjers baby announcement video. Because Joy mentioned that they have "five and a half weeks" to go and the baby was born mid-late February which would put the baby moon at beginning to mid January. A solid month and a half after Jinjers announcement. 

If the date really did occur on their actual wedding anniversary date, based on Jinger's due date it's possible that they had literally just found out she was pregnant.

I lean more toward the date being filmed sometime after their actual anniversary for TLC's convenience. They have a long history of being perfectly comfortable fudging timelines.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If the date really did occur on their actual wedding anniversary date, based on Jinger's due date it's possible that they had literally just found out she was pregnant.

I lean more toward the date being filmed sometime after their actual anniversary for TLC's convenience. They have a long history of being perfectly comfortable fudging timelines.

I don't know about  the whole anniversary thing but   it's clear the the Jinjer announcement was filmed over Thanksgiving everyone is in the same clothes as the in the episode.

also these photo's from Jeremy's IG would have been taken during the photo shoot. 

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't know about  the whole anniversary thing but   it's clear the the Jinjer announcement was filmed over Thanksgiving everyone is in the same clothes as the in the episode.

also these photo's from Jeremy's IG would have been taken during the photo shoot. 

Hide contents

So based on that family picture Josh&Anna and Jill&Derick were probably *there* when the filmed that weird circle prayer announcement bit but were being carefully kept off camera (in a different room/in an outbuilding/whatever).  I don't see the random kid who wandered in during the hair styling scene though, so there may be other people who aren't family who are also still in the house as well and just not pictured in *this* photo. Joy & Austin, for instance, are missing. 

(Although the styling was presumably filmed some hours earlier prior to all the outdoor photoshoot stuff though so maybe other people had already been to the house and left).

10 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

So based on that family picture Josh&Anna and Jill&Derick were probably *there* when the filmed that weird circle prayer announcement bit but were being carefully kept off camera (in a different room/in an outbuilding/whatever).  I don't see the random kid who wandered in during the hair styling scene though, so there may be other people who aren't family who are also still in the house as well and just not pictured in *this* photo. Joy & Austin, for instance, are missing. 

(Although the styling was presumably filmed some hours earlier prior to all the outdoor photoshoot stuff though so maybe other people had already been to the house and left).

they posted a photo album over thanksgiving you can't really seen any non family members but you know they are there because in a picture behind Jeremy and Jinger there is a sign that says please do not go upstairs. 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/duggar-news?ID=e1a71bb7-9b83-4ab6-bb9b-2cadaf093ed6

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

How many people can afford the time or money for a babymoon? We certainly couldn't.

Certainly not the time. We were saving every last second (and come to think of it cent) to cover and fund maternity leave.

So did Jinger and Tori collaborate to do the same kind of pregnancy prayer announcement within a few weeks of each other's shows, or this just the new fundie trend?

We have been thinking about taking a long weekend to go someplace small and close by before baby, just to have some sort of last adventure together without the worries of parenthood.  Definitely would not be able to afford a full on vacation, but a short road trip and a couple of nights to explore a close-by but different city could be totally doable! 

6 minutes ago, freethemall said:

So did Jinger and Tori collaborate to do the same kind of pregnancy prayer announcement within a few weeks of each other's shows, or this just the new fundie trend?

few weeks of each other? Jinger did it last November before Tori was even married. Tori didn't announce her pregnancy until the end of March.  the Bates show is just better at real time then Counting on is. 

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was the zombie apocalypse.

Si: Brains....must have brains... I've already slurped up the brunette's brain, and I need more brains

I do not think she is attractive at all, she reminds me of deputy dog in a maxi skirt. She seems to have no brain at all, just a tape recorder in her head that replays endlessly. Like a Chatty Cathy doll.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

How many people can afford the time or money for a babymoon? We certainly couldn't.

I don't see the issue with them going on a babymoon. They are not grifting and then using that money to go on trips like the Dullards. Their work (flipping houses) allows them a flexible schedule. They seem to live pretty frugally in day-to-day life (and even if they didn't, I don't see a reason why that should bother anyone as long as they are not grifting). And anyway, from the recaps and screenshots posted (I don't watch the show), that seems like a very modest babymoon to me. Pretty short, pretty local, not a fancy hotel, etc.

Now saying they were stupid to go out ice fishing like that seems reasonable to me. Criticizing them for taking a babymoon at all does not. YMMV.

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

few weeks of each other? Jinger did it last November before Tori was even married. Tori didn't announce her pregnancy until the end of March.  the Bates show is just better at real time then Counting on is. 

I meant a few weeks between the show episodes - Tori's prayer announcement on BuB was like 3 weeks ago. I do realize their due dates are many months apart. Just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

14 hours ago, freethemall said:

I don't think either of them have a say in when events are shown on their shows. It's possible that Tori knew of Jinjer's announcement and thought it was cute and copied it or it could just be a big coincidence.

I think the announcement is just a fundie thing. Didn’t Turd and Anna and Jill and Derick announce babies like that as well? 

24 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think the announcement is just a fundie thing. Didn’t Turd and Anna and Jill and Derick announce babies like that as well? 

lets see Josh and Anna M 1 was after that ice storm well all the Duggar's and Bates were standing in a line. M 2 was at M 1's first birday. (Could have been during a prayer. can't remember.) M 3 was when they invited everyone over to dinner and I believe carved a baby carriage into a pumpkin. M four I can't remember and M five was never filmed. 

Jill and Derick. I remember they came over during bible study when they announced izzy but if it was a prayer or not can't remember. Sam it was during thanks giving and may have been a prayer but again not sure. 

20 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

lets see Josh and Anna M 1 was after that ice storm well all the Duggar's and Bates were standing in a line. M 2 was at M 1's first birday. (Could have been during a prayer. can't remember.) M 3 was when they invited everyone over to dinner and I believe carved a baby carriage into a pumpkin. M four I can't remember and M five was never filmed. 

Jill and Derick. I remember they came over during bible study when they announced izzy but if it was a prayer or not can't remember. Sam it was during thanks giving and may have been a prayer but again not sure. 

#4 Was Sierra's painted Flamingos in the depths of Winter.

I think JinJer got pregnant their first cycle trying. I always expected that they would wait until around their anniversary to start trying. 

My husband and I went on vacation last summer and I'd hoped that would be a sort of babymoon, so that's why we didn't go to Iceland because I thought I'd not be able to go in the hot springs or really enjoy hiking. Still not pregnant and now spending all potential babymoon money on treatments! I think it's a nice idea to take a breath together before a baby is born, but you can even do that with a staycation and date night.

It's so sad to watch all these young couples talk about parenthood because they literally just started being in a room alone together 5 min before they got pregnant. The koolaid is strong to convince them this is the best way when they mostly seem pretty tired and overwhelmed for the first two years of their marriage.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

#4 Was Sierra's painted Flamingos in the depths of Winter.

The flamingos was a 'gender' reveal I think. Can't remember how they told the family but didn't Anna wake Josh up to tell him the good news and he seemed extremely not excited.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, SpurgysingsHipHop said:
Lauren is the most beautiful  wife

I realize this is a matter of ‘eye of the beholder’, but I agree. She’s stunning!

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

The flamingos was a 'gender' reveal I think. Can't remember how they told the family but didn't Anna wake Josh up to tell him the good news and he seemed extremely not excited.

^ Correct. Pretty sure they were in a hotel room. it was rather odd if i recall as well. 

57 minutes ago, seashell1025 said:

^ Correct. Pretty sure they were in a hotel room. it was rather odd if i recall as well. 

They were in Jill and Derick’s huge grey house, on a visit from DC. He did not seem enthusiastic.

I remember Jeremy mentioned about their 1-year and 5-year plan, and kids were part of the 5-year plan. So I imagine they waited until close to their first anniversary to start TTC. No idea, though.

But it would be easy for them to do if Jinger grew up practicing FAM (Fertility Awareness Method).

On 8/14/2018 at 6:41 PM, singsingsing said:

2 of my 4 children were born in July.  #1 was born on 7/13, due on 7/14; I knew about the pregnancy on 11/4.  #3 was born on 7/5, due on 7/11; early detection pregnancy tests had come around by then and I knew I was pregnant on 10/30.  

With a due date after 7/19 it doesn't seem likely that they would have known on 11/5.  I haven't had a baby in almost 10 years though, so maybe pregnancy test have come a long way since 2008.

I'm going to be a grandmother in December, BTW.  :goldfish:

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived