IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it would have been around Christmas time so there was probably some type of Duggar party. they publicly announced the pregnancy on Jan 3rd

Today's episode has the Duggar family "announcement" and it doesn't look like it's freezing out, and last week's had the Vuolo family "announcement". Now next week's episode is about their 1 year anniversary, but the preview has Jeremy saying that "To think that this time next year we're goning to need a little baby sitter" when they appear to be on an anniversary date.

They were married on November 5. They supposedly told the family at 6 weeks. Jinger had Felicity on July 19. Based on an online conception calendar, Felicity would likely have been conceived between October 21 and October 25 (slightly creepy, but the best way to figure this out). Since Felicity may have been induced a couple days early, it's likely she was conceived right around the time of their actual anniversary. (https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-conception-calculator.html?today=07%2F19%2F2018&printit=0&x=60&y=19)

As @Ivycoveredtower noted, the public announcement was on January 3. That's nowhere close to their anniversary. It's two months later. They are BLATANTLY playing with and lying about the timeframe within the context of the show here, and if anyone pays any attention it should be obvious.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Today's episode has the Duggar family "announcement" and it doesn't look like it's freezing out, and last week's had the Vuolo family "announcement". Now next week's episode is about their 1 year anniversary, but the preview has Jeremy saying that "To think that this time next year we're goning to need a little baby sitter" when they appear to be on an anniversary date.

They were married on November 5. They supposedly told the family at 6 weeks. Jinger had Felicity on July 19. Based on an online conception calendar, Felicity would likely have been conceived between October 21 and October 25 (slightly creepy, but the best way to figure this out). Since Felicity may have been induced a couple days early, it's likely she was conceived right around the time of their actual anniversary. (https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-conception-calculator.html?today=07%2F19%2F2018&printit=0&x=60&y=19)

As @Ivycoveredtower noted, the public announcement was on January 3. That's nowhere close to their anniversary. It's two months later. They are BLATANTLY playing with and lying about the timeframe within the context of the show here, and if anyone pays any attention it should be obvious.

Plus they show going to the Swan thing with Jeremy's parents and if you look at Instagram they posted being with them around December 27th do they really not think people are smart enough to check their social Media LMAO

What did I just watch? I really don't know. One day I will figure it out. For now, Austin...there are no words for Austin's boat on ice moment. I wonder if the statement, "just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should," resonates with him at all. I understand the pond wasn't deep. However, was it really worth the risk considering how very pregnant Joy was at the time? I am not saying Joy should be coddled, but even she was thinking it wasn't the greatest idea the farther they went out into the ice. Glad she told him to sit him behind down. One thing I can say, I think they do well together. Btw, Joy really doesn't care what she says out of her mouth. lol

Also, TLC has been shading hard. lol

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

The JinJer announcement pic was FOR SURE taken at least by/before Nov 25, b/c they are in the same clothes in an IG pic on Jeremy's IG from that date when it was the "sugar and spice" caption with Jinger and the lollipop.

Although the background IS different, the clothing is completely identical and Jeremy's hair/facial hair seems to be also...so if it was staged, I'm pretty sure it had to have been awfully dang close to the time of when they did the album pics / reveal to her family so I still think done by/before that Nov 25th or earlier date has to be pretty close.

So while it doesn't narrow it down a ton, it does provide a solid 'end date' for the photoshoot timing of their announcement.  And obviously in the voiceover tonight she said that she was "about six weeks" at that point.

TLC sure is into the crazy messy - both the overt and sometimes not so overt - editing the last many seasons once the weddings and babies started ramping up announcement wise!

Joy & Austin, are so very young and so very dumb.  They are actually kind of cute together, she really does enjoy all the stuff he does, she doesn't mind getting dirty or messy. 

I kind of want to live in that Yurt. I'm also not so secretively wanting to live in a tiny house when my kids are fully off on their own.  

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it would have been around Christmas time so there was probably some type of Duggar party. they publicly announced the pregnancy on Jan 3rd

They had a crap ton of pumpkins etc so its likely around thanksgiving.  For all we know it WAS thanksgiving and thats why the tangential people are there.

8 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I understand the pond wasn't deep. However, was it really worth the risk considering how very pregnant Joy was at the time? I am not saying Joy should be coddled, but even she was thinking it wasn't the greatest idea the farther they went out into the ice.

Not only was she super pregnant, but she was SICK.

I am Mrs. Safetyface. I was very uncomfortable with the boat on the pond with the pregnant woman not wearing a preserver. I can’t say this enough, but I’ll stop now. 

I prefer a hotel my camping/glamping days are past. With a view of beautiful countryside.

• Josie has a beautiful singing voice
  •  is there some kind of class  where they train the Duggar women and those being courted to crane their necks  at an uncomfortable angle?
  •  Mark my words, Josiah will have a  scandal coming... Something isn't right
  • Lauren is the most beautiful  wife
  • it's remarkable how much  the Duggars  and their Associates are willing to do for brown people around the world
  • joy Anna is in  for a very tough life, and if she does self comparison , she'll see how vastly different n depressing her life is going to be

Thoughts:

Ben's comments about healthy eating translated: "My family eats really healthy and so did I until I was forced to come live at TTH, y'all know how they eat, but now that it's my house and family, I can make eating healthy foods a priority again." 

Jessa: "Ben and I's." Nails on a chalkboard. Someone please help them learn not to improperly use "-and I."

Re: Weird editing, see Henry's carseat handle go up and down in the van depending on the clip. 

Watching them eat the goat cheese in the TH, I couldn't help but hope the pregnant girls were reaching for the pasteurized cheeses only. They think of those things right? 

Speaking of that goat cheese scene. Josie's apparently still the most adventurous eater in the family. I wish they'd stop putting so much product in her hair. Hopefully it isn't still lotion.

Jennifer has such beautiful hair.

Gosh I can't imagine being as pregnant as Joy is here and trying to get up and down off that mattress in the floor fifty-eleven times a night to pee. It was quite a production to get all this (as I often referred to pregnant me) up and down from a good sized bed.

I wish they'd stop doing these TH's where they ask them if they know what something is and they say a bunch of weird stuff in reply because they don't know. It's honestly off-putting and doesn't reflect well on anyone involved. 

The son from the Little People Big World commercial makes me think of Nathan Bates. 

Someone a while back said that Jason's facial hair reminds them of Andy Samburg's in those digital shorts he used to do with Justin Timberlake - I see it now, probably can't unsee it. Don't want to either. Just watched "Dick in a Box" since forever. The line where he said "backstage at the CMA's my dick in a box" just registered for the first time, and I'm giggling. 

I'm mystified Josiah knows all about tides and the moon and babies on certain moons but somehow missed knowing about a babymoon.

Jessa and Ben's babymoon clip was at Pepper Place farmer's market in Birmingham. One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning.

Lauren appears to be behind Josiah having facial hair because she wants him to look a little older. He looks a lot better clean shaven in my opinion, but her opinion is obviously what matters. Shrug. Him joking about the curly mustache gave a glimpse of the Josiah I remember from 19kids. His facial expressions during the beard trimming really made me think of Jinger. Definitely siblings. 

Lauren is growing on me. I'm not sure what to make of her. She slips in and out of fundie speak so much it gives me whiplash. TH's with her are pure fundie speak though. Josiah was awkward with the whole "whatever you like is what I like" thing. That would drive me nuts. You can't build a healthy relationship on the refusal to have your own opinions. 

Joy and Austin's babymoon was a real snoozefest. They seem iffy to me, like the type of couple who might just snipe at each other constantly when its just them. Idk. 

JB and Michelle should have been the ones wrangling their daughters and granddaughter for Jinger, not Jessa and Jana. But of course not. Meanwhile, Michelle's just maniacally laughing in the background and JB's just off to the side taking pics with his phone. Once you pick up hearing her, it's hard to tune that back out. So bizarre.

Jana looks effortlessly put together no matter what she's doing or wearing. I wish I had that knack. 

Something about the way they're acting about Jinger being pregnant makes me wonder if she didn't have a harder time getting pregnant rather than the preventing of it like we were suspecting. 

The glimpses of Kynzie's personality were adorable. 

All of this without Jill seems weird and forced, like she should be here and there. Especially with the whole photoshoot thing and dinner after. Jill and Joy were the only sisters not in the picture at the end with all of them. Joy wasn't at the house either for the dinner though, I'll grant. It didn't feel this odd and unnatural when they removed Josh. I guess because so much of these scenes are so obviously staged that it's noticeable more. 

22 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Thoughts:

Ben's comments about healthy eating translated: "My family eats really healthy and so did I until I was forced to come live at TTH, y'all know how they eat, but now that it's my house and family, I can make eating healthy foods a priority again." 

Jessa: "Ben and I's." Nails on a chalkboard. Someone please help them learn not to improperly use "-and I."

Re: Weird editing, see Henry's carseat handle go up and down in the van depending on the clip. 

Watching them eat the goat cheese in the TH, I couldn't help but hope the pregnant girls were reaching for the pasteurized cheeses only. They think of those things right? 

Speaking of that goat cheese scene. Josie's apparently still the most adventurous eater in the family. I wish they'd stop putting so much product in her hair. Hopefully it isn't still lotion.

Jennifer has such beautiful hair.

Gosh I can't imagine being as pregnant as Joy is here and trying to get up and down off that mattress in the floor fifty-eleven times a night to pee. It was quite a production to get all this (as I often referred to pregnant me) up and down from a good sized bed.

I wish they'd stop doing these TH's where they ask them if they know what something is and they say a bunch of weird stuff in reply because they don't know. It's honestly off-putting and doesn't reflect well on anyone involved. 

The son from the Little People Big World commercial makes me think of Nathan Bates. 

Someone a while back said that Jason's facial hair reminds them of Andy Samburg's in those digital shorts he used to do with Justin Timberlake - I see it now, probably can't unsee it. Don't want to either. Just watched "Dick in a Box" since forever. The line where he said "backstage at the CMA's my dick in a box" just registered for the first time, and I'm giggling. 

I'm mystified Josiah knows all about tides and the moon and babies on certain moons but somehow missed knowing about a babymoon.

Jessa and Ben's babymoon clip was at Pepper Place farmer's market in Birmingham. One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning.

Lauren appears to be behind Josiah having facial hair because she wants him to look a little older. He looks a lot better clean shaven in my opinion, but her opinion is obviously what matters. Shrug. Him joking about the curly mustache gave a glimpse of the Josiah I remember from 19kids. His facial expressions during the beard trimming really made me think of Jinger. Definitely siblings. 

Lauren is growing on me. I'm not sure what to make of her. She slips in and out of fundie speak so much it gives me whiplash. TH's with her are pure fundie speak though. Josiah was awkward with the whole "whatever you like is what I like" thing. That would drive me nuts. You can't build a healthy relationship on the refusal to have your own opinions. 

Joy and Austin's babymoon was a real snoozefest. They seem iffy to me, like the type of couple who might just snipe at each other constantly when its just them. Idk. 

JB and Michelle should have been the ones wrangling their daughters and granddaughter for Jinger, not Jessa and Jana. But of course not. Meanwhile, Michelle's just maniacally laughing in the background and JB's just off to the side taking pics with his phone. Once you pick up hearing her, it's hard to tune that back out. So bizarre.

Jana looks effortlessly put together no matter what she's doing or wearing. I wish I had that knack. 

Something about the way they're acting about Jinger being pregnant makes me wonder if she didn't have a harder time getting pregnant rather than the preventing of it like we were suspecting. 

The glimpses of Kynzie's personality were adorable. 

All of this without Jill seems weird and forced, like she should be here and there. Especially with the whole photoshoot thing and dinner after. Jill and Joy were the only sisters not in the picture at the end with all of them. Joy wasn't at the house either for the dinner though, I'll grant. It didn't feel this odd and unnatural when they removed Josh. I guess because so much of these scenes are so obviously staged that it's noticeable more. 

Well, and Josh had been in DC for quite some time, so everyone was used to him not being at every family thing.

1 hour ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

is there some kind of class  where they train the Duggar women and those being courted to crane their necks  at an uncomfortable angle?

This screengrab was supposed to be in the recap but I forgot it.  The fundie stare...

stare.thumb.jpg.132048fbb3368ad1cc4441686bc77e4b.jpg

It is slightly strange to see Jill be on the "not spoken about" list. She was such a big part of the last seasons of 19 Kids and Counting. Now she's on the outs because of her toxic and unstable husband. 

The other couples, with the exception of the Smuggers, seem to be happier. Joe and Kendra are giddy, Ben and Jessa have worked their kinks out, Joy and Austin seem to work well together, JinJer are in Laredo seemingly happy but mostly instagrammable, Josiah and Lauren...well I'm not sure. I think that time will tell on that one too. 

3 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I’ve always thought their delayed pregnancy was more due to struggles than preventing. I know Jinger has changed since getting married, but I don’t know if she’d actually prevent pregnancy (what she has been raised believing is her chief role in life)

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It is slightly strange to see Jill be on the "not spoken about" list. She was such a big part of the last seasons of 19 Kids and Counting. Now she's on the outs because of her toxic and unstable husband. 

The other couples, with the exception of the Smuggers, seem to be happier. Joe and Kendra are giddy, Ben and Jessa have worked their kinks out, Joy and Austin seem to work well together, JinJer are in Laredo seemingly happy but mostly instagrammable, Josiah and Lauren...well I'm not sure. I think that time will tell on that one too. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see DerJill back on the show in the next 18 months.  D'wreck will post some crap about "forgiving" and laying down your cross or whatever and he'll be back on the train.

Does anyone have a link to last night's show? I'm still without cable...and I wouldn't feel right about giving TLC views to begin with.

Thanks for your recaps @Buzzard

25 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I wouldnt be surprised to see DerJill back on the show in the next 18 months.  D'wreck will post some crap about "forgiving" and laying down your cross or whatever and he'll be back on the train.

I don't think he will be.  I don't think he wanted to go, so why would they take him back?  The show isn't suffering because he isn't there.  TLC didn't want him for whatever reason, he has continued to attack TLC.  I'm sure he was fired and won't be back.

13 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Does anyone have a link to last night's show? I'm still without cable...and I wouldn't feel right about giving TLC views to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I love that they're still calling it Jill and Jessa: Counting On. It's more like Everyone but Jill and Josh count on. :P 

22 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Wait, Austin at 24 doesn't know if he feels old enough to be a father but he knocked up his teen bride? Loooooool

The same thing I was thinking-Great minds think alike...

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I love that they're still calling it Jill and Jessa: Counting On. It's more like Everyone but Jill and Josh count on. :P 

on TLC it's just marketed as counting on. the person that uploaded the episode marked it as Jill and Jessa counting on. 

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This screengrab was supposed to be in the recap but I forgot it.  The fundie stare...

stare.thumb.jpg.132048fbb3368ad1cc4441686bc77e4b.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was the zombie apocalypse.

Si: Brains....must have brains... I've already slurped up the brunette's brain, and I need more brains

Duh.He learned the technique from the head slurper Gotthard himself.The latter is actually 180 but stays alive by slurping the brains of all his groupies at all those conferences. Journey to the Heart and  esp the children’s events were  a delicious buffet of young Brain for him ;)

55 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

on TLC it's just marketed as counting on. the person that uploaded the episode marked it as Jill and Jessa counting on. 

Yes, I know. The youtube episodes are marked that way and the Amazon Prime episodes are still under Jill and Jessa: Counting On as well. Or they were a while ago. lol

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived